Author Topic: Bucks (31-33) at Celtics (38-27) 4/26  (Read 31114 times)

Bucks (31-33) at Celtics (38-27) 4/26
« on: April 25, 2012, 09:49:01 PM »

Online FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11831
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
  at 
Milwaukee Bucks (31-33)  at  Boston Celtics (38-27)
Wednesday, April 26
8:00 PM ET
Regular Season Game #66,  Home Game #33
TV:  CSN-NE, FSN-WI, LP 752(MIL)/753(BOS)
Radio:  WEEI, WTMJ
TD Garden

Probable Starting Matchups
Point Guard
  vs 
Rajon Rondo vs Brandon Jennings

Shooting Guard

vs 
Avery Bradley vs Shaun Livingston

Small Forward

vs 
Paul Pierce vs Tobias Harris

Power Forward
  vs 
Brandon Bass vs Jon Leuer 

Center

vs 
Kevin Garnett vs Ekpe Udoh

Celtics Reserves

Mickael Pietrus
JaJuan Johnson
E'Twaun Moore
Sasha Pavlovic
Greg Stiemsma
Keyon Dooling
Marquis Daniels
Ryan Hollins
Sean Williams

Injured
Ray Allen (ankle) day to day
Kevin Garnett (hip flexor) day to day
Mickael Pietrus (knee) day to day
Rajon Rondo (back) day to day
Greg Stiemsma (feet) day to day

Bucks Bench
Larry Sanders
Benu Udrih
Mike Dunleavy
Jon Brockman
Drew Gooden

Injuries
Luc Mbah a Moute  (knee) questionable
Carlos Delfino (groin) questionable
Kwame Brown (pectoral) out
Ersan Ilyasova (knee) questionable
Monta Ellis (hand)  questionable

Game Notes
This is the 3rd and final game between these two teams.  It is also the final game of the season for both teams.  The Celtics lead the series 2-0 so far.   

The Bucks have slipped to the 9th spot and are are 3 back of the 8th spot with no hope of moving up so they are playing just for pride and ping pong balls.  The Bucks are playing in the second of back to back games having played Philadelphia on Wednesday. 

As far as who is going to play in this game, Doc has said that he plans to play everyone who is healthy.    I've put KG and Rondo into the starting lineup, but I'm not sure if they will be starting or if Doc will opt to rest their injuries another game.   For the Bucks, I'm going with the lineup that they started against the Sixers on Wednesday.

The Celtics should be able to win this game.   Even though this game means nothing to the Bucks,  they don't like the Celtics and so I can see them working hard to try to beat them.  The Celtics still have a chance at home court and so should try just as hard. 

Key Matchups
vs
Rajon Rondo vs Brandon Jennings
Jennings is a good young PG who is working to make a name for himself in the league.  Jennings has talked trash in every game against the Celtics.   You might even remember him shouting trash at KG as he was heading to the locker room after the game in his rookie year.  Doc has said that Rondo is expected to play but we may see Avery Bradley at the point again if Rondo needs an extra day of rest. 

Benches
Even if the Celtics regular starters play, I don't expect them to play big minutes.  The Celtics reserves are going to need to come up with big games once again if the Celtics want to win this. 

Keys to the Game

Defense -   Defense is key for this game and especially for the playoffs.  They need to get their team defense tuned up in this game to get the win and to prepare for the playoffs. 

Rebound - The Celtics must crash the boards to prevent the Bucks from getting second chance points.    Rebounding is all about effort and when the Celtics put out the effort on the boards that effort seems to carry over into all the other areas of their game.  Failure to rebound usually results in a failure to win. 

Work the Offense
- It took the Celtics over 6 minutes to score against the Heat's pitiful offering in their last game.  They need to work the offense and make the extra pass to find the open man.  If the jumpers aren't falling, they need to drive to the hoop.  Good things happen when you get into the paint.  They have to be patient and run the offense and not just dribble out the clock and take rushed shots.   

Be Aggressive - The Celtics need to be aggressive in going after loose balls and rebounds, in pushing the tempo, and in going to the hoop.  The more aggressive team will usually get the benefit of the calls and that's half the battle. 

X-Factors

Home Court and Who's Playing
This is the final game of the season and the crowd should be loud and give the home team a boost.  Hopefully the refs will call a fair game as well.  Doc has said that the guys will play in this one but possibly reduced minutes.  Hopefully they can get it done and the bench comes up big once again. 

Re: Bucks (31-33) at Celtics (38-27) 4/26
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 11:22:39 PM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
I actually wouldn't mind the bench playing majority of this game. The same guys who pulled a W out of that last game with the Heat. And more of Williams so we can finally see if he is indeed worlds better than Hollins.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 12:44:46 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I actually wouldn't mind the bench playing majority of this game. The same guys who pulled a W out of that last game with the Heat. And more of Williams so we can finally see if he is indeed worlds better than Hollins.
I agree the majority of the minutes, but if any of the starters are healthy they got to get some time on the floor and move around a bit. Get those old bones ready for the postseason it's just around the corner.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 08:58:06 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Stay healthy. Stay healthy. Stay healthy.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 09:48:03 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
ALso I'd like to see Williams ' Hollins and Moore  playing as much as possible as a live practice , win or lose , to prepare us some reserves for injuries and tired players that is bound to happen in the playoffs.  I like to see Rondo and KG on the court leading and teaching 

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 09:59:55 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
I'm looking for a nice 15 point confidence boosting win before the playoffs and also looking forward to seeing some of the bench guys play.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 11:04:30 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
They should bring Toine out of retirement for this one.

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 11:13:44 AM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
Yes a heavy dose of Ryan Hollins would be terrific.  With Steamer's foul tendencies there seems little doubt that Hollins will be a necessary body at some point in the playoffs.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 11:35:29 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Yes a heavy dose of Ryan Hollins would be terrific.  With Steamer's foul tendencies there seems little doubt that Hollins will be a necessary body at some point in the playoffs.
Yeah, either Williams or Hollins will get a few minutes.

Hopefully whichever gets a shot can not pull a Shelden.....

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 12:06:48 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Final regular season game thread. I want to thank FL for all her hard work, especially in this shortened season with lots of back-to-backs and whatnot. Way to go, FL, keep up the great work.

TP. Go Celtics!

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 12:14:32 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Play anyone who is healthy but treat it as a scrimmage. Let the guys get their workout and conditioning in. Let the guys run their offense and do their defensive rotations. Have Doc yell at them some for not trying enough and having enough focus. Let the guys mount a comeback and then take them all out and have the scrubs play the other three quarters.

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 12:48:57 PM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
Final regular season game thread. I want to thank FL for all her hard work, especially in this shortened season with lots of back-to-backs and whatnot. Way to go, FL, keep up the great work.

TP. Go Celtics!

+1

Thank you FL

TP
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 12:50:51 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

TP. Go Celtics!

TP for you and FL!

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2012, 01:06:41 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Some reason the Celtics always bring the best out in the Bucks. Or at least thats the way it seems to me, no matter how much better team I believe we are , they are balls to the wall when we show up .

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2012, 02:06:13 PM »

Online FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11831
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Thanks for the kind words and the TP's through the season.  It has been challenging at times with all the games squeezed into a short time but we made it to the final game!   On to the playoffs and BANNER 18!!!!!!!!!!!!!