Author Topic: Celtics (23-20) at Nuggets (24-20) 3/17  (Read 36547 times)

Re: Celtics (23-20) at Nuggets (24-20) 3/17
« Reply #225 on: March 17, 2012, 11:48:53 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • GOT IT!!!
I notice a lot of you are saying seeding doesn't matter. However, I think it is extremely important we pass Atlanta (doable). I'm much more comfortable with a first round series against Orlando the Chicago or Miami.

I agree. TP to you!!! :)

I would also prefer Orlando in round 1, but listening to Doc and the players talk about seeding, it's obvious that they don't care, and they way they are playing backs that up

They know they'll have to go through both Chicago and Miami without HCA. Their thinking probably involves facing one of them when they are most fresh.

« Reply #226 on: March 17, 2012, 11:53:00 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2753
I notice a lot of you are saying seeding doesn't matter. However, I think it is extremely important we pass Atlanta (doable). I'm much more comfortable with a first round series against Orlando the Chicago or Miami.

I would also prefer Orlando in round 1, but listening to Doc and the players talk about seeding, it's obvious that they don't care, and they way they are playing backs that up

They know they'll have to go through both Chicago and Miami without HCA. Their thinking probably involves facing one of them when they are most fresh.

go through one of them early while fresh, then hope the other one gets kocked out before you reach the conference finals

« Reply #227 on: March 17, 2012, 11:57:02 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • GOT IT!!!
I could see them wanting Orlando in the first round but the center situation isn't ideal facing Howard.

« Reply #228 on: March 18, 2012, 12:00:18 AM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
[dang] Danny Ainge. I'm another loss away from creating a website.

What a joke. Anyone who didn't see this coming after not making a trade at the deadline is completely oblviously.

This team sucks. Danny Ainge does too.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 12:08:24 AM by Kiorrik »

« Reply #229 on: March 18, 2012, 12:03:26 AM »

Kiorrik

Mind the language people. No abbreviations of cuss words either.

Cheers.

« Reply #230 on: March 18, 2012, 12:03:31 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3072
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

go through one of them early while fresh, then hope the other one gets kocked out before you reach the conference finals
I agree getting worn down by NY or Philly and then having to face Miami or Chicago probably no shot at all, whereas we face them in the first round we at least have energy to take them on
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #231 on: March 18, 2012, 12:07:51 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
[dang] Danny Ainge. I'm another loss away from creating a website.

What a joke. Anyone who didn't see this coming after not making a trade at the deadline is completely oblviously.

This team sucks. Danny Ainge does too.

Danny gets a free pass from me until free agency is over this summer. He might have a bigger plan, that we don't know about. I tend to believe Doc and ownership influenced Danny into not making any deals. They seem to be overly infatuated with the Big Three.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 12:08:38 AM by Kiorrik »
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #232 on: March 18, 2012, 12:19:21 AM »

Offline OmarSekou

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93

I agree getting worn down by NY or Philly and then having to face Miami or Chicago probably no shot at all, whereas we face them in the first round we at least have energy to take them on
I want the 5th seed. I think it's doable. I'd rather avoid Miami, Orlando and Chicago in the 1st unless DRose is banged up.
"Suit up every day."