Author Topic: Vacation to Boston  (Read 5465 times)

Vacation to Boston
« on: February 24, 2012, 09:29:59 AM »

Offline Nowee

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 41
  • Celtic Pride
Hi there people of Celticsblog,

I'm from the Netherlands in Europe.

I started following the Celtics in the 06/07 season. One year later i watched them win a championship. When the rumors started that the Celtics might blow it up i knew this season was my last change to see the Celtics big 4 together.

A few weeks ago i looked at the Celtics schedule and saw that the play 4 home games from the 29th of February till the 6th of March. I bought tickets online for me and my brother for that four games.

I will be in Boston from 28th February till the 7th of March.
I've never been in Boston or the United States.

So my question is do you guys have some advice for things to do in Boston besides the 4 games?

Thanks in advance!
Dutch Celtics Pride

Re: Vacation to Boston
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 09:38:43 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I love the way you say "The Netherlands in Europe".  Is there another Netherlands somewhere?

We'll tell you, but you gotta tell us about the Netherlands in Europe if we ever go there.

I'm sorta from out of Boston, so I'm not so good at this, but I'll try.

This is just me, but I liked going to the Bull and Finch pub, because that place is "Cheers" from the TV show. However it is very touristy, and might take forever to get in.

I like the Boston commons.

I've never been to Bunker Hill or Breed's Hill (Revolution battle sights.).

There's a lot of colleges in Boston. Boston College hockey is top notch.  Then there's college partying. BC is a crazy party college.

There's awesome seafood in Boston.

I would not want to go through life without going to the Boston children's museum once. I don't care how old you are. Obviously better with a kid.

rent a car. Drive to see Martha's Vineyard and/or Nantucket. Or head north to New Hampshire/Vermont.....go skiing

Go to a Bruins game

Go to the Sam Adams brewery, but if you see Jim Koch the founder try to run away cause he'll talk all day about beer. That guy just loves beer.

The basketball Hall of Fame is over in Springfield. Maybe a two hour drive.

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 09:40:04 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Locals will have better ideas, but things I would recommend:

* Duck Tours.  It will probably be pretty cold, but these are a great way to see the city, and usually the conductors are very entertaining;

* The Aquarium.  Pretty self explanatory, but if you're into aquariums, this is a pretty good one.  Check out the Imax if anything cool is playing.

* Shear Madness.  If you're into comedies, this murder mystery play is a really good time. 

* Eat in the North End, and then check out Mike's Pastry.  Some will tell you this is overrated, but I disagree.

* If you're in the mood for a high class dinner, go to Grill 23.  It's an amazing steakhouse.

There are dozens of great bars and pubs to hang out in; if you're into live Irish music, the Black Rose in Faneuil Hall is usually a pretty good option.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 07:22:07 PM »

Offline Nowee

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 41
  • Celtic Pride
Thanks for the help guys!

TP's!
Dutch Celtics Pride

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 07:28:51 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Thanks for the help guys!

TP's!

Let us know how your trip goes.  Hopefully the team strings together some victories for you.  If you followed any of our recommendations, I'll be interested in your impressions.

(Oh, and for pre-game meals, The Fours is very close, and has a good atmosphere and good food.)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 08:46:29 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Locals will have better ideas, but things I would recommend:

* Duck Tours.  It will probably be pretty cold, but these are a great way to see the city, and usually the conductors are very entertaining;

* The Aquarium.  Pretty self explanatory, but if you're into aquariums, this is a pretty good one.  Check out the Imax if anything cool is playing.

* Shear Madness.  If you're into comedies, this murder mystery play is a really good time. 

* Eat in the North End, and then check out Mike's Pastry.  Some will tell you this is overrated, but I disagree.

* If you're in the mood for a high class dinner, go to Grill 23.  It's an amazing steakhouse.

There are dozens of great bars and pubs to hang out in; if you're into live Irish music, the Black Rose in Faneuil Hall is usually a pretty good option.

All of this are great ideas

Take the Street tours too
i dont know if its duck tour season but if you can do it do it

Loved to walk on North end

Pick a hotel next to the Garden, I love to stay there, and there are a couple of nice sports bars there too.

Take the metro and tour the city by yourselve

Its a beautifull city

Enjoy ant keep us informed
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 09:40:09 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Go to Quincy Market and take a pic with Red.

Do the Boston Sports Museum at the Garden. Lots of cool stuff there.

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 08:56:21 PM »

Offline Crayfish

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 2
Hey guys, sounds like I'm in a similar situation to Nowee, only I'm from New Zealand.  Booked a trip to come over and watch the Big 4 in April, so I'll be watching the C's @Toronto, @New York and vs Orlando.

Those all sound like good suggestions of what to do while in town, but one thing I was really wanting to know is if they run tours of the Garden, and if so, if it's worth going to?  I know you can go around Fenway on game days so keen to do that, but would be pretty awesome to get a photo at halfcourt of the Garden too.

Cheers!