Author Topic: Perk gets LA Times Shout-out. Mr Intangible is 31-8 with OKC  (Read 10061 times)

Re: Perk gets LA Times Shout-out. Mr Intangible is 31-8 with OKC
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2012, 05:58:34 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 893
  • GOT IT!!!
Perk is not the same guy he was in 08.   We certainly miss Perk on D and as an enforcer.   I don't miss his meager post offense. I think he was an over rated vastly by the board and an average rebounder at best.  He was servicable but peeps here act like we lost Hakeem.

I think Danny did a good thing letting him walk.  He is not worth what he thought he was in all reality.

But Perk bring more to the team than just basketball and I cant believe how much people overlook those things.

LOL nope.  He is not Mr. Intangible.   Stats like blocks and rebounds matter to Centers.  What things are you mentioning the bobbled passes?   The only thing he might bring is some toughness it is not like he has tremendous basketball IQ.

I pretty agree with this. Watch some Thunder games and you'll see Perk is more invisible than he was in Boston. The C's system/KG made him look much better than he really is.

He has been one of the most visible players in the NBA over the  last week. Possibly only second to Blake Griffin.

;D

He got on a t-shirt.

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2012, 06:13:55 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I don't think Griffin gets that dunk though if it was the old, stronger Perk.

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2012, 07:08:48 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Perkins is rubbish

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2012, 07:49:13 PM »

Offline Kuberski1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Watched OKC vs. SAS yesterday, first time to see Perk this season.  Got into early foul trouble, wasn't a factor.

My general impression is he is average.  Plays good interior D, positions himself well, rotates, and is somewhat of an intimidater.  Average rebounder, limited offensively. 

If he were still on the Cs, he would start, and play about 25 mins/game is my guess.  His numbers might be slightly better than now, but not by much.  Clearly, an aged Shaq was far more valuable last year for us.

He's a nice player to have, but not a must. He contributes, but I don't think he's a top 5 player on the OKC squad, and think they would be fine with any number of centers (not named Krystic).

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2012, 09:46:35 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Watched OKC vs. SAS yesterday, first time to see Perk this season.  Got into early foul trouble, wasn't a factor.

My general impression is he is average.  Plays good interior D, positions himself well, rotates, and is somewhat of an intimidater.  Average rebounder, limited offensively. 

It sounds to me like you are describing Jermaine O'Neal.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson