Author Topic: What would your picks in the 2012 draft  (Read 23702 times)

Re: What would your picks in the 2012 draft
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2012, 11:31:55 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'm still sticking with Arnett Moultrie. Big, solid rebounder and good post moves. He's reachable. I could settle for Tyler Zeller too.

Also, I saw K-State play. If Rodney Macgruder keeps on scoring like that the whole tournament (I think they can beat a Fab Melo less Syracuse), he's worth taking a look.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2012, 04:00:59 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1562
Celtics need to go with guys that have size.  With the Celtics pick, I'm hoping Henson, T. Zeller, or Leonard falls, but if not, I think Terrance Jones should probably be available and I would fall back to him.  I'd probably go with Fab Melo with the Clippers pick.  Legit 7 footer.  Needs to bulk up, but until he does he should be able to fit with an up tempo running team that seems to be where Boston is headed next summer.  I think keeping Garnett around in a reduced role, would really help get Melo to where he needs to be (same with Henson, Leonard, or Zeller).   
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2012, 04:03:24 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Danny needs to keep an eye out for Kyle O'Quinn.

I like Zeller, Meyers Leonard, Terrance Jones, Fab Melo as well.

« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2012, 05:00:13 PM »

Offline fingerlakes

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13
Watch every Cuse game and Dion Waiters is the guy we want.  Melo is not a bust but not yet ready for the NBA.  I doubt he declares for the draft.  Waiters is explosive and can shoot as well as get his own shot driving to the hole.  Keep an eye on him.  He is moving up all the draft boards.  I agree to stay away from Joseph.  He has not improved in 3 years. 

What's up fellow Cuse fan  :)

I root for Joseph and he's done well for them but I just don't see him being much beyond an OK backup 3 in the pros.  Waiters does look pretty promising but he can disappear when his scoring drops off.  I wouldn't mind the C's picking him up with the latter of our two picks if he's there - he and AB could be a pretty stifling and explosive backup G tandem.
Hey fairweatherfan.  I am liking Waiters now more and more since the last post.  The guy can get his own shot and word is he is going to declare for the draft.  C's need scoring and Waiters is instant offence.  He could run with Rondo all night long and I would love to see the dunks he would generate form Rondo's feeds.  I think Boeheim has a very short leash on Dion and think he will be a better pro than college player.   I would take him with the early pic as most of the players that members want here will be gone by pick 15-20. 

« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2012, 06:08:01 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
I wish I could find the article now, but there was a very interesting read a couple years ago about how much the tournament causes teams to overrate certain players. Basically, drafting someone based on "clutchness" due to an excellent tournament almost always meant that the player was drafted too high. This is because the "clutchness" of the NCAA tourney is an exceedingly small sample size and just not a repeatable attribute. So basically, if the performance of a player in the tourney is the first time you notice him or causes you to bump him up a few spots, then don't draft him, you'll regret it. If a good player with a solid body of evidence flops in a single elimination game and thus drops a few spots, grab him. Odds are that was the fluke and he's the good player you thought he was before the tourney.

« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2012, 09:05:12 AM »

Offline Kenhov

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 17
Celtics need to go with guys that have size.  With the Celtics pick, I'm hoping Henson, T. Zeller, or Leonard falls, but if not, I think Terrance Jones should probably be available and I would fall back to him.  I'd probably go with Fab Melo with the Clippers pick.  Legit 7 footer.  Needs to bulk up, but until he does he should be able to fit with an up tempo running team that seems to be where Boston is headed next summer.  I think keeping Garnett around in a reduced role, would really help get Melo to where he needs to be (same with Henson, Leonard, or Zeller).   

Jones doesnt strike me as anything other than a role player.

« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2012, 11:00:11 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Danny needs to keep an eye out for Kyle O'Quinn.

I like Zeller, Meyers Leonard, Terrance Jones, Fab Melo as well.

Agree here. But I'm not sold yet. Missouri wasn't as big. We'll see about it later when he faces Patric Young. If he puts in those solid numbers against a NBA prospect in Young, he's worth taking a look.

Fab Melo is good choice. May be limited offensively, but the potential to be a defensive big is there.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2012, 11:31:14 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/blog?name=telep_dave&id=6216726

Here's one article, but i thought i remembered a better one.

« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2012, 12:33:27 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I'm going with the unsexy picks of:  BPA with the Celtic's pick and BPA with the Clip's pick.  We need help everywhere.  Other than Rondo and maybe PP, the players on the roster are better suited to coming off the bench rather than starting.  With luck, the BPA on the first pick we have will be a starting-caliber player and the other pick will be a solid rotation player.

« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2012, 01:17:12 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
If Doc's still coaching I wouldn't draft anyone

« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2012, 01:17:30 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
If Doc's still coaching I wouldn't draft anyone but trade the picks for other players. Chances are the Rookies coming in are going to be seated in the green room... get it ;)

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2012, 01:45:38 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Both Joneses, Terrence and Perry disappear for too long during games

Still like Moe Harkless

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2012, 01:49:06 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I'm still sticking with Arnett Moultrie. Big, solid rebounder and good post moves. He's reachable. I could settle for Tyler Zeller too.

Also, I saw K-State play. If Rodney Macgruder keeps on scoring like that the whole tournament (I think they can beat a Fab Melo less Syracuse), he's worth taking a look.

Moultrie's good enough for me too.

« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2012, 01:55:00 PM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
Drummond,Barnes,Sulinger,Davis can became a franchise players so they should be the top 4 picks and i don't see how we could get some of them but this draft is deep and i hope Perry Jones to fall to us. 6'11 remind a lot of KG, for his size he is great ballhandler plus he can rebound he has more college expirience. KG is feeling good he is playing better and better so probably he will resign. Perry seems like a nice kid willing to learn so with KG he has potential to became all star. He is projected around 5-10 pick but who knows

« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2012, 02:02:42 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 386
andre drummond, austin rivers, jeremy lamb, doron lamb, barnes