Author Topic: What would your picks in the 2012 draft  (Read 23703 times)

Re: What would your picks in the 2012 draft
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 09:43:37 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I was thinking today, maybe we should draft an understudy for Pierce. Someone who would be the obvious heir to the throne, and Pierce could take on the torch passing role respectfully. Let Pierce be a part of the rebuilding in a positive way. If he feels he still has 2-3 years left, there is time to send him to a contender later, when he WANTS to go.

I'm thinking Lamb or Barnes. We may have to move up, depending on where our picks are at and how the draft plays out, but these guys are both going to be able to score early in their careers and should be comfortable coming off the bench behind Hall of Fame veterans, and winning fans. I'd be willing to package both picks to get one of them, if we were confident in the pick (yes, I'm going out on a limb and saying the Cs scouts would be a better judge than me =)).

In a dream world we would get both as our Allen / Pierce replacements, I suppose it's possible but would at a minimum require using both 1st rounders and trading a future 1st to move up. So below I mean for Lamb OR Barnes with the possibility to dream. Forget free agency and sign Bass. We'll still have plenty of cap room when Pierce moves on.

Rondo
Allen / Lamb
Pierce / Barnes
Bass / JJJ
???

Throw max deals at Howard and Love, and that's it. If they bite, great. If not, forget about FA this year except to sniff out any reasonable deals on big men (as if those happen).

Hate to burst your bubble but the only way we end up being able to draft Barnes is if Danny whips out a Red trade. Lamb is more realistic but still not really. The only way we got both of them is by getting the number 1 pick in the draft and trading down for 2 more. Realisticly I see us in the early to mid teens. There are players in that range i like more than Barnes honestly. Hes a tad one dimensional.

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 02:02:35 PM »

Offline Ganguido

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
Duo from Vanderbilt pls!

We need Ray Ray replacement in future=JOHN JENKINS - 3 point King of NCAA/catch and shoot MASTER.He will fit PERFECT with Rajon!

And FESTUS EZELI !!! Real C for C's.
Fab Melo is a BUST! Joshua Smith will have a weight probs all his career.Pls Danny - ONE MORE DUO :)

If not JENKINS - pls take Jeffrey Taylor from ... Vanderbilt. 8)

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 02:11:04 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I would love to see Kidd-Gilchrist here, but I think he'll be out of our range - maybe we could swing a Jeff Green sign-and-trade to get him somehow, but not likely.  Thomas Robinson will definitely be out of our range unless he gets injured.

More realistic guys - I like John Henson as a pro.  Terrence Jones seems like he has the talent and the mindset to excel.  Sometimes William Buford looks really good and other times he disappears.  Fab Melo has improved dramatically last year, but who knows if he'll develop the skills to contribute consistently.

I'd stay away from Kris Joseph, though he'll almost certainly be available for us.  He's got the ability to play in the league, but isn't exceptional at anything and tends to coast at times.  Feels like a poor man's Jeff Green.

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 04:29:33 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 422
I like John Henson as a pro

I also like Henson but I dont know if he is a better prospect then JJ Johnson, I also question how much more he will develop. Watching UNC play I cant help but think that Zeller is going to end up the better pro.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 05:42:28 PM »

Offline fingerlakes

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13
Watch every Cuse game and Dion Waiters is the guy we want.  Melo is not a bust but not yet ready for the NBA.  I doubt he declares for the draft.  Waiters is explosive and can shoot as well as get his own shot driving to the hole.  Keep an eye on him.  He is moving up all the draft boards.  I agree to stay away from Joseph.  He has not improved in 3 years. 

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 10:19:02 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Watch every Cuse game and Dion Waiters is the guy we want.  Melo is not a bust but not yet ready for the NBA.  I doubt he declares for the draft.  Waiters is explosive and can shoot as well as get his own shot driving to the hole.  Keep an eye on him.  He is moving up all the draft boards.  I agree to stay away from Joseph.  He has not improved in 3 years. 

What's up fellow Cuse fan  :)

I root for Joseph and he's done well for them but I just don't see him being much beyond an OK backup 3 in the pros.  Waiters does look pretty promising but he can disappear when his scoring drops off.  I wouldn't mind the C's picking him up with the latter of our two picks if he's there - he and AB could be a pretty stifling and explosive backup G tandem.

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2012, 08:05:28 AM »

Offline AusCeltic

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
If we could somehow get MKG I would be ecstatic just seems to have a good attitude towards basketball hard worker, if he develops a better outside shot he could be an all star calibre SF 

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2012, 10:59:13 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 422
I also like MKG but if we are in a position to get kidd-gilcrest we should take Austin rivers instead. I dont think either will be around at our pick. In the event that we trade up I would want to shoot for rivers or a big.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2012, 11:28:40 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, but that IS a reach. Drummond too.

I'd go for mid-range rounds that are possible.

Arnett Moultrie
Terrence Ross
Mason Plumlee
Dion Waiters
Fab Melo (if he leaves)
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2012, 11:48:24 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
One guy on my radar for the second round is Yancy Gates.  He's a physically strong big who might be undervalued because of his role in the Cincinnati-Xavier brawl.  I want him because he's a fighter, though.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2012, 12:08:46 PM »

Offline KevinConnor

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20
Right now I would go for Rivers and Moultrie/Plumlee or Meyer Leonard and Wroten.

It would be great if we could get our hands on Davis, Robinson or Kidd-Gilchrist. I'm not a fan of Drummond, no heart at all!

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2012, 01:22:48 AM »

Offline Army_of_One_Nation

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 44
"If available," Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. But, we all know he'll be a top 5 pick. I also like Cody Zeller of Indiana, if he is going to declare. If not, maybe take a flyer on Arnett Moultrie. I don't think Austin Rivers is coming out this coming draft. So, for the Clippers pick, I propose Terrence Ross or Hardaway, Jr. For the 2nd round, if there is a decent center available, I'd take him. If not, Darius Miller from UK. Could be a good defender. For rookie free agents signing, I'd like to see Eric Griffin of the Campbell Flying Camels and Vander Joaquim from the University of Hawaii Warriors.
"I've got a theory that if you give 100% all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end."
Larry Bird

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2012, 02:56:14 AM »

Offline Bombastic Jones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 53
Duo from Vanderbilt pls!

We need Ray Ray replacement in future=JOHN JENKINS - 3 point King of NCAA/catch and shoot MASTER.He will fit PERFECT with Rajon!

And FESTUS EZELI !!! Real C for C's.
Fab Melo is a BUST! Joshua Smith will have a weight probs all his career.Pls Danny - ONE MORE DUO :)

If not JENKINS - pls take Jeffrey Taylor from ... Vanderbilt. 8)

I am on board with the Vandy duo ...

Wroten with our first rounder
Jenkins with the Clipp pick
FEST(iv)US with the second rounder

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2012, 03:12:20 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Austin Rivers, Patrick young are who I want the celtics to draft if they stay put.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2012, 04:03:51 AM »

Online byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3034
If either Jeremy Lamb or Bradley Beal drops below 8th, I'd like to see us move up and snag them. Both can really shoot and put up points, but not shabby rebounders and defenders either. We need our Ray Allen replacement, so why overpay for a big man (who will always go a few spots higher than the equivalent value guard).

Rondo
Lamb / Beal
Pierce

... a nice start on a new offense.

Of course I'd love any of the top 5 guys too.