Author Topic: OK Danny, now what?  (Read 2463 times)

OK Danny, now what?
« on: December 08, 2011, 06:49:20 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
So now we need to sign our own free agents and address our weak points.  Which I see as center posistion, rebounding and athletic guys off bench.

Jemaine ONeil healthy (?) is a good starting center, I don't think any of us think he can play a whole season so major issue is center spot.  As of now its JO then KG.  Can we sign & trade Davis and throw something in for a center?  Will we be playing a smaller running team of kg, green, pp, ray and rondo? 
I'm thinking JJ is going to be a good sub pf but would like to add a veteran banger who will get boards.  We have missed Leon since he left/was injured.   KG is not the rebounding beast he was in Minny.  This is key to fast breaks and second chance opportunities for opposing teams.
Green (or PP) off the bench boosts the offense quite a bit.  I'm all for resigning Wafer but is there a free agent out there who is explosive?
cmon danny, lots of moves, both good and bad by other gms....as of now we've invited old friends back and not really done anything

Re: OK Danny, now what?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 06:50:39 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 242
Get Deron Williams...................in my dreams.

We're looking at a roster of

Rondo/ Dooling
Allen/ Marquis
Pierce/ Green
Garnett/ Glen Davis/ JaJuan Johnson
O'Neal/ probably someone bad

That's a second round exit if they're lucky.

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 06:50:57 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Celtics trade:

Rajon Rondo
Jeff Green (S+T)
2012 Clippers 1st round pick
2012 Boston 1st round pick

Suns trade:

Steve Nash
Marcin Gortat
Jared Dudley
2012 Suns 1st Round Pick

Fun team to watch for this year, at least, and then it's rebuilding time.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 06:53:19 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Celtics trade:

Rajon Rondo
Jeff Green (S+T)

Suns trade:

Steve Nash
Marcin Gortat
Jared Dudley
2012 Suns 1st Round Pick

I think Phoenix would jump all over that trade
rondo>nash
green>dudley
2 first round picks > 1 suns pick

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 06:54:16 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Celtics trade:

Rajon Rondo
Jeff Green (S+T)

Suns trade:

Steve Nash
Marcin Gortat
Jared Dudley
2012 Suns 1st Round Pick

I think Phoenix would jump all over that trade
rondo>nash
green>dudley
2 first round picks > 1 suns pick

i think dudley has more value to a team like ours than green does.  as for the picks, that clips pick may or may not even get used, and the suns pick is likely to be a lottery pick, while the celtics pick won't be.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 06:54:34 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Celtics trade:

Rajon Rondo
Jeff Green (S+T)

Suns trade:

Steve Nash
Marcin Gortat
Jared Dudley
2012 Suns 1st Round Pick

Not going to happen. The idea wasn't to have zip after this season.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 06:56:32 PM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
He can do nothing now, he burned all the bridges with Rondo, his trade value will drop and we're screwed with this new cap where you need to spend 85-90 % of the cap.

We're NOT getting Howard, so we'll spend money using up our cap space on Green,Davis and some scrubs to ridiculous contracts. All that work Ainge put in has gone to waste.

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 06:58:14 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
what happens? resign fat boy glen davis, gather a bunch of scrubs like dooling, daniels...watch JO miss a ton of games....watch daniels break down and get hurt by Feb. PP plays 40 plus a night....lose in first round

there is not much this team can do to improve. danny will go after broken down bodies that add zero to this team

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 07:02:05 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
Jemaine ONeil healthy (?) is a good starting center, I don't think any of us think he can play a whole season so major issue is center spot.  As of now its JO then KG.  Can we sign & trade Davis and throw something in for a center?  Will we be playing a smaller running team of kg, green, pp, ray and rondo? 

KG is not the rebounding beast he was in Minny. 
I am uncomfortable with Jermaine O'Neal as a starting center. I think his play is over-rated. Very happy with him as a backup center.

I would be unwilling to start Jeff Green at PF. He is too poor a defender/rebounder to start there. So that lineup is a non-starter for me.

Kevin Garnett is still a top notch defensive rebounder. He finished fifth in defensive rebounding percentage last season. I am very comfortable with Kevin at the five as our leading board getter.

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 07:02:34 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
I'm thinking JJ is going to be a good sub pf but would like to add a veteran banger who will get boards.  We have missed Leon since he left/was injured.   KG is not the rebounding beast he was in Minny.  This is key to fast breaks and second chance opportunities for opposing teams.
Joey Dorsey !!

I love the idea of Joey alongside KG at center. I think those would be a tremendous combination defensively and in terms of possession creation. Let them take care of the dirty work and the perimeter guys will run the offense.

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 07:03:07 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Celtics trade:

Rajon Rondo
Jeff Green (S+T)

Suns trade:

Steve Nash
Marcin Gortat
Jared Dudley
2012 Suns 1st Round Pick

I'm on board, for the entertainment value alone.

What about Pietrus rather than Dudley? Better D, more athletic, decent 3 ball.

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 07:03:15 PM »

Offline Liam W

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
what happens? resign fat boy glen davis, gather a bunch of scrubs like dooling, daniels...watch JO miss a ton of games....watch daniels break down and get hurt by Feb. PP plays 40 plus a night....lose in first round

there is not much this team can do to improve. danny will go after broken down bodies that add zero to this team
Shaq **cough** Jermaine **cough**

I agree though sadly

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 07:05:02 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC

KG is not the rebounding beast he was in Minny. 
I am uncomfortable with Jermaine O'Neal as a starting center. I think his play is over-rated. Very happy with him as a backup center.

I would be unwilling to start Jeff Green at PF. He is too poor a defender/rebounder to start there. So that lineup is a non-starter for me.

Kevin Garnett is still a top notch defensive rebounder. He finished fifth in defensive rebounding percentage last season. I am very comfortable with Kevin at the five as our leading board getter.

it won't matter about JO...we all know on this board he will be hurt before Feb. and boston will be starting fat boy davis at center because they didn't address the center position now. this team has nada

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 07:07:56 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2984
Watch a bunch of over the hill guys get clobbered , with nothing but scrubs .  No CP3 = NO Dwight ...equals no chance for Celtics for at least another genration.

So , maybe around 2020 ,  we'll see the Celtics possibly mixing it up once again .

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2011, 07:20:05 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Watch a bunch of over the hill guys get clobbered , with nothing but scrubs .  No CP3 = NO Dwight ...equals no chance for Celtics for at least another genration.

So , maybe around 2020 ,  we'll see the Celtics possibly mixing it up once again .

Lol...I think they should be back in contention before 2020.

Pretty sure Ainge would negotiate with Mayor Menino to trade the city of Boston for a big name free agent.