Author Topic: Peter Vecsey: Boston, New Orelans, Pacers 3 way was done deal until CP3 said ...  (Read 3808 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
He wouldn't sign a contract extension .

How many of you believe Danny Ainge’s claim he has not been shopping Rajon Rondo or offered him for Chris Paul? How many believe a reporter fantasized the threesome involving the Celtics, Hornets and Pacers, whose $23 million in cap space make them a critically desirable partner?

Well, according to one pretty piped-in informer, it was a done deal until CP3 Knixed it by refusing to sign an extension.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/paul_bearers_usJv0a3BfKbuaWRwGBAAtM

I know it's Vescey, but thought that this was worth posting. If it's true that a deal was done before CP3 said he wouldn't resign and now Danny is say he will trade without an extension in place then I think a deal is bound to get done with Boston. Especially with the reports of the clippers and Golden State not wanting to give up Gordon and curry without having an extension in place with paul.

So what was the 3 way deal then? I am assuming Collison, George and maybe Hibbert to New Orleans along with 2 1st rd picks from the c's and Jeff Green.

Paul to Boston

Rondo and filler to Indiana?

I can't wait til friday!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 05:42:41 AM by rondohondo »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Yeah, worth posting, but Vecsey is one of the least reliable reporters out there. He routinely seems to make stuff up. This rumor makes no sense.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 242
Give me a guy who wants to be here over a guy who does not. Let this motivate Rondo to torch Paul when they face eachother which he's had no problem doing before. Rondo has more heart than Paul.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Give me a guy who wants to be here over a guy who does not. Let this motivate Rondo to torch Paul when he's on the Knicks. Rondo has more heart than Paul.

KG didn't want to be here; Big Al was heartbroken when he was traded.

Nobody in Boston is asking for a mulligan on that trade, are they?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Give me a guy who wants to be here over a guy who does not. Let this motivate Rondo to torch Paul when he's on the Knicks. Rondo has more heart than Paul.

KG didn't want to be here; Big Al was heartbroken when he was traded.

Nobody in Boston is asking for a mulligan on that trade, are they?

KG wanted to be here when the trade was made.

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1572
Yeah, worth posting, but Vecsey is one of the least reliable reporters out there. He routinely seems to make stuff up. This rumor makes no sense.
I actually think it makes a lot of sense.  Indiana has plenty of young pieces that would entice New Orleans, Boston wants Paul, and New Orleans wants to trade Paul. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I actually think it makes a lot of sense.  Indiana has plenty of young pieces that would entice New Orleans, Boston wants Paul, and New Orleans wants to trade Paul. 
It makes no sense because every reports has said that Boston doesn't care if CP3 likes coming here they're willing to gamble.

Unless New Orleans decided to promise him to try and trade him to a place more his liking. That'd be foolish if they're trying to max out their return.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Vecsey makes politicians look honest.   He is the epitome of rumor monger.

rumormonger -NOUN, a person given to gossiping and divulging personal information about others

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1572
It makes no sense because every reports has said that Boston doesn't care if CP3 likes coming here they're willing to gamble.

Unless New Orleans decided to promise him to try and trade him to a place more his liking. That'd be foolish if they're trying to max out their return.
The initial reports were that Boston wouldn't take him without an extension, it was only in the past couple of days that reports came out that they didn't care.  Probably because of Rondo's reaction to the news and the Celtics realizing he will be problematic now.  All it took was Boston to have a slight hiccup for other teams to come into the fray which muddled New Orleans thinking.  I totally buy the story.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline 33_Larry Legend_33

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 87
Vecsey is a 1980's dinosaur that continually spouted stuff that wasn't true... I take what he says with much less than even a grain of salt. 

(His rumors were always fun to listen to, but he was full of crap.  I remember the night he gave the rumor, that ESPN ran with, that Brian Shaw had been traded on a draft night to Sacramento for Wayman Tisdale.  I could barely sleep that night I was so excited... Only to find out he entirely missed the boat on that one).  Not sure why the guy keeps hanging around...