Author Topic: #unfollownba twitter trend  (Read 1310 times)

#unfollownba twitter trend
« on: November 23, 2011, 08:17:22 AM »

Offline WBrownTrophy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Thanks Red
This just started yesterday after Bill Simmons re-tweeted someones idea to do this. On twitter right now where many people who are unfollowing all nba players, execs, and owners to show their dissatisfaction with them and what has happened with the lockout.

I don't think this accomplishes anything concrete, but it can send a message about the dissatisfaction of the NBA's fans.

If nothing else, it is just a way for fans to release some frustration about all of this.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."
                                   -Red Auerbach

Re: #unfollownba twitter trend
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 09:59:27 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
In. Worth a shot at this point.

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 11:06:36 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
The NBA doesnt need something like this to know the fans are unhappy (in fact, this just reinforces their notion that the fans still care), but if it makes people feel a little bit better, and like they have some sort of control, then good for them. 

There is nothing that could get me to unfollow Tony Allen and Delonte West though.  NOTHING!

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 11:08:10 AM »

Offline WBrownTrophy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Thanks Red
The NBA doesnt need something like this to know the fans are unhappy (in fact, this just reinforces their notion that the fans still care), but if it makes people feel a little bit better, and like they have some sort of control, then good for them. 

There is nothing that could get me to unfollow Tony Allen and Delonte West though.  NOTHING!

As Bill Simmons said last night...Delonte West doesn't count because he is under comedy, not NBA :)
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."
                                   -Red Auerbach