Author Topic: Celtics STH Loyalty Plans  (Read 5206 times)

Celtics STH Loyalty Plans
« on: September 12, 2011, 06:12:07 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 610
I could make a poll, but I'm more interested in feedback here.  Could any season ticket holders let me know which of the 3 loyalty plans they are choosing?  I'm leaning toward loyalty PLUS, the 8% one, but not entirely sure.

Thanks!
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

Re: Celtics STH Loyalty Plans
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 06:30:02 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I am choosing the Loyalty Plus one.  If you are sure you want to renew for next season, then it is too good a deal to pass up.

Of course, I feel dirty about it, because it is just giving the owners more stability to be able to hold out longer on the players, but dollar for dollar it is hard to turn a deal like that down.

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 07:00:12 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I am choosing the Loyalty Plus one.  If you are sure you want to renew for next season, then it is too good a deal to pass up.

Of course, I feel dirty about it, because it is just giving the owners more stability to be able to hold out longer on the players, but dollar for dollar it is hard to turn a deal like that down.

Lol, exactly! That's why I chose option 3, getting a refund on my account for every potential game missed. However, hopefully all these stories about "labor peace" are true and that the season will start on time.

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 06:50:59 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
It does sound like a good deal, but I'm wondering about these "perks". 

One of them is locking in a non-increase in ticket prices for next season.  Are the celtics really going to be in a position where they can raise ticket prices for next season amid the uncertainty of whether or not they will even be any good?

The other is a guarantee of last year's first round playoff price for the entire playoffs.  This was a perk offered last year too if I renewed last February.

I'm starting to think the 8% might be the only real perk and that might not make any difference if the season starts on time.

Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 10:29:45 AM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
I chose the Loyalty Plus as well, 8% is a nice "perk" even if I have to commit to renewing so soon.

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 11:12:35 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

One of them is locking in a non-increase in ticket prices for next season.  Are the celtics really going to be in a position where they can raise ticket prices for next season amid the uncertainty of whether or not they will even be any good?

The other is a guarantee of last year's first round playoff price for the entire playoffs.  This was a perk offered last year too if I renewed last February.

I'm starting to think the 8% might be the only real perk and that might not make any difference if the season starts on time.

Well, I think those are real perks...especially if there is a season this year.  I think there is a legitimate chance they will raise prices next year, if they have a season this year, since they haven't raised them in a couple seasons.  I also think the playoff deal is significant, and I think it will be unlikely that they will offer that same deal later in the season.

But really what it comes down to is how confident you are that you will want the tickets next year.  If you are unsure, then go with option 3.  If you are sure, then go with option 1, and all of those benefits are just bonus...not to mention price certainty.

BTW, I also had my rep confirm that if ticket prices go down for 2012-2013, people who chose the Loyalty Plus plan will get the best possible price, so they won't be locked in to this years prices while others pay less.

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 11:32:32 AM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 83
Loyalty plus is a great deal if you know for certain you're renewing.  They seem to imply ticket prices will rise next year by stating this is the plan to lock in your price.  For me I chose option 3.  This is my last year as a STH for now since my ticket partner is starting a family.  Though I'm not sure yet if 10-11 or 11-12 is going to be my last season...

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 05:06:36 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo

Well, I think those are real perks...especially if there is a season this year.  I think there is a legitimate chance they will raise prices next year, if they have a season this year, since they haven't raised them in a couple seasons.  I also think the playoff deal is significant, and I think it will be unlikely that they will offer that same deal later in the season.

But really what it comes down to is how confident you are that you will want the tickets next year.  If you are unsure, then go with option 3.  If you are sure, then go with option 1, and all of those benefits are just bonus...not to mention price certainty.

BTW, I also had my rep confirm that if ticket prices go down for 2012-2013, people who chose the Loyalty Plus plan will get the best possible price, so they won't be locked in to this years prices while others pay less.

Nice, that is what I'm looking to hear.  Sounds pretty sensible when you think about it. 

Regardless of past decisions, I still don't see how they're going to raise ticket prices amid the uncertainty of how good the celts will be in '12 - '13.  I'd imagine a lot of sth's will contemplate giving up their tickets after the "window" has closed anyways and I don't see a hike in prices being an incentive to renew.  But maybe I'm not seeing the situation clearly.