Author Topic: Western Conference Semis: Blazers (2) Vs Jazz (3)  (Read 21033 times)

Re: Western Conference Semis: Blazers (2) Vs Jazz (3)
« Reply #105 on: August 03, 2011, 06:53:29 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I think you have a advantage when it comes to bench players depth wise. But I don't like having Davis and Crawford taking up all your PG minutes. You don't have an unselfish facilitator at the positon on your roster, that's a problem. It puts a huge burden on Pierce and KG as they are the only willing passers who have any aptitude for it.

In fairness to Davis. The closest he ever came to playing with this amount of talent was in Golden State where he averaged the following amount of Assists.

2004-05 = 8.3
2005-06 = 8.6
2006-07 = 8.1
2007-08 = 7.6

He was more then willing to get guys the ball if he is averaging this amount of assists. Also I think he would not cross Pierce or KG and the chance at being on a title team would be more then enough motivation to be a team player and "buy in" to what Utah is doing.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #106 on: August 03, 2011, 06:59:20 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Also, if anyone needs a final deciding factor, I have home court advantage.

Athleticism, talent, better balance and a more well rounded team vs experience. That's what this comes down to.

Baron Davis was dominated (22% 29% in the two games) last year by Lowry. Harden is widely regarded as the best shooting guard out of this entire series, Amar'e has shown the ability to absolutely destroy KG when KG was 35. How much better will KG be when he's 36? Andrew Bogut has made Al Jefferson do the one thing he's really good at (scoring in the post) pretty poorly (limits Big Al to 44% shooting).

I have better defense 1-5, I have better ball movement, better athleticism, and in terms of the last year, more consistent players.

They have championship pedigree, experience, and two really good players.

But remember what beat Pierce and Garnett these past playoffs. Remember what beat them all season. Young athleticism and size. I've got both.

And, I've got home court...so if all that isn't enough for you, consider that I'll be walking into Utah with two wins under my belt, and a game 7 home game.

There is a reason why my boys finished above the Utah Jazz in the regular season; because they're better.

That's it...I'm done for the evening. I'll be back hopefully around 1 or so to count the votes.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #107 on: August 03, 2011, 07:13:56 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
Also, if anyone needs a final deciding factor, I have home court advantage.

Utah is more then capable of winning on the road.

Baron Davis was dominated (22% 29% in the two games) last year by Lowry. Harden is widely regarded as the best shooting guard out of this entire series, Amar'e has shown the ability to absolutely destroy KG when KG was 35. How much better will KG be when he's 36? Andrew Bogut has made Al Jefferson do the one thing he's really good at (scoring in the post) pretty poorly (limits Big Al to 44% shooting).

Very small sample size. Davis was injured and playing for the Clippers and the Cavaliers. Both are bad teams and his role on those teams were completely different. For the first time he will not be asked to be the leader of a team.

I have better defense 1-5, I have better ball movement, better athleticism, and in terms of the last year, more consistent players.

KG, Thabo and Pierce are all better defenders then Amare, Harden, and Delfino.

They have championship pedigree, experience, and two really good players.

We also have the best bench, coach, and Al Jefferson is the best post scorer of the series. Portland's best player is being defended by Kevin Garnett.

But remember what beat Pierce and Garnett these past playoffs. Remember what beat them all season. Young athleticism and size. I've got both.

What beat KG and Pierce again? Oh yeah, it was lack of team familiarity, injuries, and Lebron and Wade. Please stop saying Harden and Delfino are those guys because that is what it is insinuating. Amare is the only spectacular athlete you have. All your other players play below the rim. Lowry, Harden, Delfino, and Bogut all like to stay on the ground.

And, I've got home court...so if all that isn't enough for you, consider that I'll be walking into Utah with two wins under my belt, and a game 7 home game.

You mentioned this and look at last year playoffs and how many teams without Homecourt won..

Memphis vs SA, Atlanta Vs Orlando, Dallas V LA, Miami V Chicago and Dallas won it all in Miami.

At this stage teams can win on the road. Especially veteran experienced teams vs young inexperienced teams.

There is a reason why my boys finished above the Utah Jazz in the regular season; because they're better.

Sure lack of game planning do to schedule and playing so many different opponents, lack of practice time do to schedule, and minute reduction to keep the guys ready for the playoffs. Veteran teams normally pace themselves in the regular season.

« Reply #108 on: August 03, 2011, 07:18:39 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
Why I win  ;D

The Very Good Veteran Teams beat the Young up and coming but lacking experience teams because the moments are not too big for them and thus they are able to execute better.

Your best player in Amare is basically canceled out by my second best player in KG when you look at overall impact. Your second best player is only a little better then my third guy when you look at what is being asked of them from a role stand point.

My best player has the most favorable match-up in the series and is the best perimeter player by far in this series, as well as the best player at getting his own shot.

My bench is by far the better bench.

I have the best defending big man and defending wing. Also the best post scorer.

My team has players who have won championships and have tons of playoff experience. You're team has no players who have even gone to a Finals. His team clearly lacks that.

Brown will out coach Gentry.

If these games are close in the end like many expect, then I put my money on KG playing Amare well and Pierce exploiting Delfino.

To Quote Nick in the other thread.

The group Dirk did win with were hardened vets that strove to win at all cost because for many, another chance may not be there after their current contract. There were multiple many time All-Stars, lots of players with playoff and Finals experience and they had definitive locker room leadership.

The bold above describes this Jazz team.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 07:35:22 PM by Kane3387 »

« Reply #109 on: August 03, 2011, 10:30:54 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
Thanks to all those who participated in this thread. Appreciate your thoughts, comments, and time.

:)