Author Topic: Newest Celtics Get Their Numbers  (Read 6111 times)

Re: Newest Celtics Get Their Numbers
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2011, 02:18:35 PM »

Offline toneskeet

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 7
Von's not necessarily gone. Marquis was #7 then was unrestricted. we signed JO who took #7, then we resigned Marquis and he took #8.

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2011, 02:55:03 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I hope they keep Von. He showed some maturity last season and he knows the system already. Aside from the fact that he can come in really cheap. Add to that that he can still knock down shots and create offense for himself given the green light.

Maybe he can wear no. 11?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2011, 03:32:20 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1036
Noticed Johnson has #12, so does this let us know about the fate of Von Wafer (who was #12 during the season) ?

Wafer's not likely to be welcomed back.

I'm fine with this.  When the C's needed Wafer most last year he was hurt and he really contributed very little.  I'm not sure why so many posters are high on bringing him back.  I think they can aim much higher and may be able to bring in a real shooter like Mike Dunleavey or Kapono probably for the minimum.

Dunleavy isn't awful, but yuck on Kapono. We need guys who can score on there own in some capacity, and that is one thing Wafer can do.

We should invest our whole MLE on a PF/C, so what other options do we have (for the vet minimum) for a backup 2. Delonte can play minutes there, but he will need to play PG too. Wafer is a good fit. He is athletic. Can shoot, dribble and finish. Puts in work of the defensive end. I'd take him as a 10th man.
CELTICS 2024