Author Topic: KG's final blog of the season  (Read 2838 times)

KG's final blog of the season
« on: May 21, 2011, 04:24:46 PM »

Offline 17wasEZ

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
KG’s Final Blog Of The Season
May 16th, 2011 by Brian Robb Leave a reply »
The veteran power forward checked in with his final ANTA BLOG of the 2010-11 season this morning. Unsurprisingly a pretty solemn tone from the All-Star, but this entry should put to bed for good any kind of talk that Garnett is/was considering hanging it up after this season. The one positive out of all this is Garnett and company get a lengthy offseason for once to keep their bodies and minds at rest before a final push with the current C’s core.

As you know, we were knocked out of the playoffs by Miami. It’s unfortunate that we are out and in my mind didn’t reach our potential. Taking the last couple of days to think about things and the season was long. Their were ups and downs all season and dealing with teammates, leaving teammates, gaining teammates. Long hours, flights, practices, workouts, etc… Another season under my belt, but not satisfying. I’ll be getting back to the “lab” (workouts and court work) to work on my craft, so I can keep improving. I will be working on my skills and constantly trying to get better.

Quick shout out to my man Shaq, who is the best. He worked hard all season, but couldn’t get his achilles right.

Amazing to think that I was playing with so many potential HOF (hall of famers). I will remember these times, on and off the court. This will be a memorable season!!!

Thank you all so much for your constant support and encouragement throughout the season. Hanging in with us through the ups and downs of the season. Your support gets me through and pushes me to be better. I will be back in China sometime in July or August, so stay tuned. I met so many of you all last summer, that it will be exciting to meet more.

Keep reaching higher and thanks to all my supporters.

http://celticshub.com/2011/05/16/kgs-final-blog-of-the-season/

Doesn't sound like he is retiring to me.
We all think we know more than we really do....

Re: KG's final blog of the season
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 05:43:53 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2742
sounds like he has some unfinished business to take care of next season, and hopes that Shaq can be back with him to do it. It also sounds like the trade affected the team a lot, as we guessed, and that the veterans need a break, since they had a short summer last summer.

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 06:13:41 PM »

Offline anthony83

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
According to his blog there is no thought of retire.

Kg You are the best, we want to continue to enjoy your game.

Twitter: @Theanswer83

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 08:59:40 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
IF, if there is a season next year, KG will be back.  Unless Ainge trades him (which is doubtful given his contract), KG may play until Pierce's contract ends, depending upon who is brought in.

If we get a superstar here (PLEASE DWIGHT BE A CELTIC LEGEND), KG may decide to play a few more years with Ray and Paul on a short money deal.  Hopefully we can benefit from whatever the new CBA holds.

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 04:00:39 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
KG should play another 3-4 years.  If not I'll be mad.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 04:55:56 AM »

Offline steve

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
Doesn't seem like KG wrote this... I'm sure he signed off on it though