Author Topic: 2011 CB Historical Draft - Draft Thread  (Read 610149 times)

Re: 2011 CB Historical Draft - 1 PANELIST NEEDED
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2011, 04:23:10 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Yeah, both would be great. Oh and Edgar, I for one would love your commentary on each pick.

« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2011, 04:26:53 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
are there only twelve owners?
Yup

« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2011, 04:27:05 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Yeah, both would be great. Oh and Edgar, I for one would love your commentary on each pick.

Diito. :) And be merciless!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2011, 04:30:36 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

Diito. :) And be merciless!

dont expect anything less

i will wait for nick to give his bless.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2011, 05:15:53 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Do you have a seat for a color comentator? I could be available  ;D
Love to have you aboard. TP. We have a third panelist

« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2011, 05:28:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Couple of things

1. Though trades in this game didn't happen a lot last year it is possible there could be a lot of trade talk so all team owners, clear your private message in and out boxes.

2. Remember you can not mention any player that has not yet been drafted in the draft thread, that goes for panelists too.

3. Panelists can comment on whether they like a pick or not, comment on how they like the construction of each team, give advice as to the type of player would benefit a certain team but please be vague, and generally comment on how the draft is going and whether players are deserving of their pick.

4. Team owners, please leave the panelists alone regarding culling for votes or looking for very detailed advice from them. Let's keep the playing field even. We are all vets of these drafts so I don't expect any of this but it has to be stated openly.

« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2011, 05:36:40 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Couple of things

1. Though trades in this game didn't happen a lot last year it is possible there could be a lot of trade talk so all team owners, clear your private message in and out boxes.

2. Remember you can not mention any player that has not yet been drafted in the draft thread, that goes for panelists too.

3. Panelists can comment on whether they like a pick or not, comment on how they like the construction of each team, give advice as to the type of player would benefit a certain team but please be vague, and generally comment on how the draft is going and whether players are deserving of their pick.

4. Team owners, please leave the panelists alone regarding culling for votes or looking for very detailed advice from them. Let's keep the playing field even. We are all vets of these drafts so I don't expect any of this but it has to be stated openly.

5. As mucha s you think Delonte West will probably win one or two votes from panelists dont put your money there
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

Re: 2011 CB Historical Draft - All Time Addition - Draft Thread
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2011, 06:06:15 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
This is now the official draft thread. On the first page can be seen, below the rules, the draft board with time and dates and team.

Make sure your selection is posted before the time listed. I will be monitoring the draft as much as possible and will post if a pick has been skipped, though as long as the next pick is posted after the time of the pick before it is due and that pick wasn't made, it will be accepted.

I will open up the draft each day at about 12:30-12:45PM.

If you are not going to be available to pick please see if a panelist or I can make the pick for you by providing a list of players you would like to choose in the order in which you desire them and make sure there are enough players for slots to be picked. Example: if you have the 6th pick and can not make it please provide the names of 6 players you would like to pick. If you provide less names than picks slotted and all your players are chosen, the pick will not be made for you and you will need to make the pick when you are available or be designated a best player available if you have not chosen before time designated in the rules.

« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2011, 06:54:45 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
The Oklahoma City Thunder move back to Seattle and become the Seattle Supersonics.

« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2011, 07:06:40 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I'd like to change my team name to the Portland Frailblazers.  I'm contemplating going for the All Time great career cut short team.
Yup

« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2011, 08:33:34 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
As I look over the list of players that most of us will be drafting for the first couple of rounds, I suspect (with maybe only a handful of exceptions), that these top 24 or so players  have made substantially less money than the players today.

NBA Salaries are astronomical compared to the players from the 70s, 80s, etc. Seems so odd that the main players who really made the NBA viable to this day didn't make even remotely what some players make today.

The next two weeks will be a fun trip down memory lane.

« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2011, 07:43:50 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
The Oklahoma City Thunder move back to Seattle and become the Seattle Supersonics.
Done

« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2011, 08:13:21 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Done

I was going to change to the Syracuse Nationals, but changed my mind, as '76 was also my graduation year, (prep school) ... seems fitting, plus there's the Dr. J thing, and the rivalry, (back then), with the Celtics. To graduate the year of the Bicentennial was pretty cool, at least we thought so back then ... the "Spirit of '76", etc., and all. :)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2011, 08:16:00 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Done

I was going to change to the Syracuse Nationals, but changed my mind, as '76 was also my graduation year, (prep school) ... seems fitting, plus there's the Dr. J thing, and the rivalry, (back then), with the Celtics. To graduate the year of the Bicentennial was pretty cool, at least we thought so back then ... the "Spirit of '76", etc., and all. :)

You're old. ;D

« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2011, 08:21:53 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
The Mavericks would like to change their name back to the Dallas "Chaparrals"

CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16