Author Topic: All Trade Ideas to Improve the Heat  (Read 13711 times)

Re: All Trade Ideas to Improve the Heat
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 01:25:23 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
The Miami Heat been constructed absolutely horribly for a team that somehow got D-Wade and Lebron to accept less than $15M salary.  I've posted many trades that I think would improve them.  So, thought I'd start a thread to compile all of mine and other's trade ideas that would make the Heat a better all around team.  Since we've passed the trade deadline, you can either offer trades that could have been proposed before the deadline or something to be done in the offseason.

Feel free to challenge any proposal from either side if you feel like one side wouldn't benefit from it

I'll kick things off with:

Miami trades:  Chris Bosh, Mike Miller
Denver trades:  Wilson Chandler, Nene, Ray Felton, Al Harrington

If Denver wants to drive George Karl into retirement, they make this kind of inferior deal. Miami has nobody worth a darn outside of their three players and Mario Chalmers. Dampier is absolutely horrible center. Udonis Haslem is out hurt. Mike Bibby and Mike Miller are completely washed up and useless.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2011, 05:08:59 AM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Lebron James for Brian Scalabrine--why would anyone want to spend an ounce of thought on improving the Heat on a Celticsblog?  This is just wrong and should be shut down!

TP

The Heat will improve when Lebron and Wade mature, if it ever happens. If not, they'll be splitted, and we'll see another reality show full of tears. I couldn't care less about that.

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2011, 05:54:12 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
you want to improve the heat?

miami receives:pierce, garnett, allen, rondo, shaq, big baby, JO, delonte, green, krstic, pavlovic, wafer, murphy, arroyo, bradley and rivers

boston receives:anthony, bosh, wade, james, chalmers, miller, dampier, big z, house, jones, magloire, howard, pittman, spoelstra

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2011, 06:09:49 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I don't want them to improve, ever.

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2011, 06:55:25 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
James for Brandon Jennings, Carlos Delfino, Andrew Bogut

or

James for Darren Collison, Danny Granger, Roy Hibbert
Chris Bosh wouldn't be able to play with a guy like Andrew Bogut. Nor Hibbert.

Not enough space for Bosh to operate. With them in the low post.

For Bosh to work with a low post scorer, he has to have a quality 15-18 foot jump shot. Someone like a Carlos Boozer.

Not an out and out low post guy like say Shaq ... who would limit Bosh's offensive game significantly. 
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:32:24 AM by Who »

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2011, 07:05:43 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
You can swing any trade you want, but the Heat's current major problem is that they are simply mentally weak. They've bought into the league wide sentiment that "they probably won't win anything this year, but will be more apt to next year".

You always hear LeBron and company say "it will take time". What will take time? You and Wade are MVP caliber players...you should win many of the games you are losing whether you have help around you or not. The Trailblazers? Come on!

Miami is waiting until they can use their mid-level exception to pick up a PG or center this off season, as well as waiting for Udonis to come back from his injury, and waiting for Riles to can Spoelstra and get a defensive guru of a coach. The funny thing about them thinking "there's always next year" is that with a lockout looming, they may lose two seasons of potential winning due to this train of thinking.

I love watching the Heat fail.

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2011, 07:39:10 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
TP, to you, Screwedupmaniac.  Well said.

I liked the won't fail my team again comments again indicating tough talk doesn't add up to performance.

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2011, 07:46:29 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo

or

For Bosh to work with a low post scorer, he has to have a quality 15-18 foot jump shot. Someone like a Carlos Boozer.

Not an out and out low post guy like say Shaq ... who would limit Bosh's offensive game significantly. 

then maybe an additional trade sending bosh away?

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2011, 07:58:02 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435

or

Yep, I think they would have to trade Bosh in that situation.

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2011, 08:08:40 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Lebron James for Brian Scalabrine--why would anyone want to spend an ounce of thought on improving the Heat on a Celticsblog?  This is just wrong and should be shut down!

Exactly.  Don't understand it at all. ::)
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2011, 08:16:57 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo

or

Yep, I think they would have to trade Bosh in that situation.

wade+bogut is a nice core to build around

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2011, 08:47:16 AM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Miami and Houston: Bosh and Jones for Scola and Martin.
Move Wade to Point Guard and play Martin at the two.
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2011, 09:05:09 AM »

Offline 35Lewis

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 42
Trade Erik Spoelstra for Phil Jackson or Doc Rivers.

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2011, 09:07:57 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
My friend though of an interesting one:

LeBron for Dwight Howard

This one always interests me a lot. It makes a lot of sense for both squads.

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2011, 09:12:56 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1562
The Heat will not trade Lebron.  Bosh and Wade certainly are possible, but not until after next season i.e. summer 2012.  The Heat aren't going to throw in the towel before then.  Which means all they can really do is make some minor moves here and there.  

I think the best bet is free agency.  These guys will be free agents this summer and could all be had for MLE (or less).   Joel Przybilla, Nazr Mohammed, Jeff Foster, Kris Humphries, Kenyon Martin, Ronny Turiaf, Josh Howard, Mickael Pietrus, Michael Redd, TJ Ford, Troy Murphy, also see how Bibby does as re-signing him might work well.

Some guys that they should also target but that would likely require a trade because of money; Sam Dalembert, Tyson Chandler, Jason Richardson, David West, Zach Randolph, JR Smith, Nene.

If they can add some even decent depth with players that actually fit what they have already there, they will be fine.  The problem they had this year is they just didn't have the time to properly pursue and fit in players around the 3 all stars.  They won't have that problem this summer and will have a much better opportunity to properly fill out the roster.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip