Author Topic: Chad Ochocinco wants to join the New England Patriots  (Read 11177 times)

Re: Chad Ochocinco wants to join the New England Patriots
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2011, 12:19:01 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Chad probably would spend most of his time on the sideline in Belichick's penalty box for one reason or another,so whats the point in bringing him in?

Chad's not a problem player but can be a distraction for team mates at time.Bill's liking Chad from a distance is one thing but to put up with him on a daily basis is another.

Chad's also 33yrs.old.

Chad and Bill are actually pretty close, theres alot of mutual respect there. It's one of the reasons the option is even talked about.

Bill has often said he loves the way he competes and plays the game, and chad has said he'd like to play for him.

I'd be estatic with a  one year deal...or a one year deal with a team option for a second.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZUus71jrh4
I made it clear that Bill likes Chad as a person/player but has never said he wants him on his team,there's a big differnce...you love your inlaws but you don't want to live with them,for one reason or another.

Bill has taken players like dillion, rodeny harrision, colvin, spikes, moss, thomas, and merriweather, and many other knuckleheads onto this team, with varying degrees of success, do you honestly think Bill is scared of Chad being the one who's antics he can't control/ manage if he identifies chad's skill set as a need? even more so if it's a short term deal like moss's was?

Also, i don't really think it's a coincidence that chad legally changed his name back to johnson yesterday, do you?

I don't think it means he absolutely is coming here, but i think it's a step to show "hey, if our interests align, I know you don't like players who stand out, so im done with the whole goofy ochocinco thing"

I think he'll probley stay a bengal, but i wouldn't be shocked to see him move to NE or the Jets.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2011, 12:28:38 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1836
I'd rather bring Moss back.

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2011, 12:45:43 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Chad probably would spend most of his time on the sideline in Belichick's penalty box for one reason or another,so whats the point in bringing him in?

Chad's not a problem player but can be a distraction for team mates at time.Bill's liking Chad from a distance is one thing but to put up with him on a daily basis is another.

Chad's also 33yrs.old.

Chad and Bill are actually pretty close, theres alot of mutual respect there. It's one of the reasons the option is even talked about.

Bill has often said he loves the way he competes and plays the game, and chad has said he'd like to play for him.

I'd be estatic with a  one year deal...or a one year deal with a team option for a second.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZUus71jrh4
I made it clear that Bill likes Chad as a person/player but has never said he wants him on his team,there's a big differnce...you love your inlaws but you don't want to live with them,for one reason or another.

Bill has taken players like dillion, rodeny harrision, colvin, spikes, moss, thomas, and merriweather, and many other knuckleheads onto this team, with varying degrees of success, do you honestly think Bill is scared of Chad being the one who's antics he can't control/ manage if he identifies chad's skill set as a need? even more so if it's a short term deal like moss's was?

Also, i don't really think it's a coincidence that chad legally changed his name back to johnson yesterday, do you?

I don't think it means he absolutely is coming here, but i think it's a step to show "hey, if our interests align, I know you don't like players who stand out, so im done with the whole goofy ochocinco thing"

I think he'll probley stay a bengal, but i wouldn't be shocked to see him move to NE or the Jets.

Yes i agree because he will probably remain a Bengal for another season.Now,after next season when L.Fitzgerald becomes available i can see the Patriots taking a serious look at him.He seems like a better fit(culture wise) in New England than Chad.If Wes got bench fora lighthearted foot joke or two what do you think Chad would get off/on for the little head scratching things he does during the course of a season?

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2011, 01:06:20 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I'd rather bring Moss back.

Why? so we can watch a player who has exactly one skill, running a  fly pattern, continue to suck at it?

I like randy, but when your only skill is "I run real fast, when i know im a target of course, and have great hands" your kinda screwed when your speed starts to go.

He doesn't run routes
he doesn't block
he doesn't even run decoy routes when he knows it's a run/ not a pass for him

what exactly would he bring to the team that we need that couldn't be replaced by chad or some other receiver (Fitz would be amazing) with a much more diversified skill set?

Also house: I think that welker benching was ridiculous, agree?

and this revisionist history going on from the patriots, that the great patriots teams just shut up and never talked, and proved it on sunday, is flat out wrong.

I seem to remember alot of chatter out of guys like vrabel, teddy, milloy, law, harrision ect on those teams.

Now, im not talking about them acting like 3 year olds, like some of the jets guys did (scott and cromartie), but those players had no problem putting the other side on notice that they were going to feel it come sunday. you know, in general didn't role over like the teams since 07 have while being totally "professional" in there media interactions.

Holding your team to a high standard is fine, i endorse it. Making your players so vanilla that they lose that swagger that those old teams had, i do not endorse.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 01:11:42 PM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2011, 01:08:34 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
for a one year deal, i'd roll the dice with him.

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2011, 01:09:59 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I'd role the dice on a manageable contract.  Ochocinco is getting to the point when he needs to start thinking about winning a title now or never.  

Furthermore, getting him means that we wouldn't have to worry about a deep threat in the draft, which would allow us to spend more time on the defensive end, the O-line, or even on higher impact running back.  

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2011, 01:43:39 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Well, he's getting rid of the moronic name....Maybe a sign that he wants to be a grown up for the remainder of his career.

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2011, 02:33:53 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30

Also house: I think that welker benching was ridiculous, agree?

I agree.  Definitely wrong for him to do it, but benching someone for a series is dumb.  Maybe fine him some money in private, but to bench him for a series? Not even worth it.
do it