Author Topic: LeBron: Karma tweet 'wasn't even from me'  (Read 7344 times)

LeBron: Karma tweet 'wasn't even from me'
« on: January 12, 2011, 10:42:45 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
But James declined to fully explain his thoughts and then attempted to imply they weren't even his.

"It's just how I was feeling at the time," James said. "It wasn't even a comment from me, it was someone who sent it to me and I sent it out. It wasn't toward that team. It definitely wasn't a good showing by that team last night, I know they wish they would've played better."

The entry on James' Twitter account did not indicate it was a re-tweet from another user. James also did not fully explain the meaning behind the statement, though he did say that karma is a word and concept "I've kinda always used my whole life."

"I don't think there was intent at all," James said.

"I think everyone looks into everything I say. Everybody looks too far into it. No hit toward that organization. I've moved on and hopefully that organization is continuing to move on. But I'm happy where I am as a Miami Heat player."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=6016717

Wow Lebron is such a freaking moron. He sounds dumber and dumber each time he opens his mouth.

Re: LeBron: Karma tweet 'wasn't even from me'
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 10:45:33 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I didn't expect the Shaggy defense from LeBron.

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 10:46:57 PM »

Offline dpaps

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 88
I agree, LBJ needs to stop saying things and then backing off it. I had no problem with him tweeting what he did. He's embraced his role as the villain (or I thought he had), and after Gilbert's letter about him, he should laugh at the Cavs terrible terrible basketball team. But to keep saying things and then backing off it just makes him look like such a (fill in your own term here).

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 10:50:14 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
He's embraced his role as the villain (or I thought he had)

The thing is, I don't think he's embraced it, I think he's just acting like himself and is constantly surprised that people react negatively to it. 

To be fair, he's gone from not knowing anything but being Ohio's golden boy to maybe the most hated guy in the league in a very short amount of time, so the negativity has gone up a lot.

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 10:51:47 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I agree, LBJ needs to stop saying things and then backing off it. I had no problem with him tweeting what he did. He's embraced his role as the villain (or I thought he had), and after Gilbert's letter about him, he should laugh at the Cavs terrible terrible basketball team. But to keep saying things and then backing off it just makes him look like such a (fill in your own term here).

yea like when he said the league would be better off contracting teams and then the next days says he doesn't know what the word contraction means  ::)

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 10:58:11 PM »

Offline dpaps

• Jaylen Brown

yea like when he said the league would be better off contracting teams and then the next days says he doesn't know what the word contraction means  ::)

Exactly. Because to be honest, I don't think contraction is the most terrible idea, and I think Lebron has the right to express his opinion if he thought the game would be improved with 28 teams instead of 30. But then he goes and backs off it, man up, LBJ.

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 11:16:21 PM »

Offline KobeShesNotConsenting!

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 132
You know, things like this just make this guy look like one of the most rabbit eared athletes we've seen in a while. Sometimes i think he says stuff and then has his homies check in on ESPN all day and gauge what the media reaction is. Most people ripped him for this one and so naturally 'it was a comment that was sent to me'. Just like the contraction comment. 'oh, i didn't even know what that means'. He's definitely coming off sounding like a sensitive little female dog ;). Doesnt this dude know how ignorant he sounds when he makes comments like the whole contraction thing? I'm proud to be one of the ones who hated this guy before it was popular.

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 11:18:53 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Looks like the Heat may be getting some Karma of their own right now....
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 11:20:14 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
He's an idiot. Stop saying crap then pretending that you didnt say it. Be a man and stand up for the crap you say when you arent thinking. Moron.

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 11:22:27 PM »

Offline dpaps

• Jaylen Brown

haha tp, hope they don't blow it.

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 11:27:37 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Karma is a Hindi word..which means "deed" or "act. It's mostly used in the "you reap what you sow" kinda context.

I love hating this idiot...what a tool.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 11:36:59 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108

Would not count on it unfortunatly. All through halftime refs are going to think of ways to get them back in it.

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 11:38:17 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides

Would not count on it unfortunatly. All through halftime refs are going to think of ways to get them back in it.

Ha...so true.

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 11:38:51 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
The best thing for Lebron to do is shut his big fat mouth and also stop tweeting. But with his 'me me me' personality it won't happen.

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 11:40:06 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
To be fair...it could be Mr. Carter who tweeted that gem. ;D