Author Topic: Wizards time keepers just fixed that game!  (Read 2696 times)

Wizards time keepers just fixed that game!
« on: January 11, 2011, 10:03:30 PM »

Offline christuffa

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 70
  • The Sniper
In the last 40 seconds of OT they let the clock over-run on the whistle by: 8 seconds after a time out call, 3 seconds on an out of bounds play, 3 seconds on a foul and another 1 second on a foul.

A total of 15 seconds wasted by the local time keeper!!!

It was a very close game at the end, totally ridiculous!!!

I got no way to get video evidence, but if you have league pass check it out.

Re: Wizards time keepers just fixed that game!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 10:06:31 PM »

Offline christuffa

• Brad Stevens
  • The Sniper
...and to make it even more ridiculous they reviewed the final two plays (none of the ones mentioned above) for timing and add some time back on the clock for one of them!@!

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 10:33:53 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
lol it's the wizards vs the kings.  you could have quite possibly been the only person watching that game on tv

when you say fixed it probably falls more into the category of 'theres nobody here, this game means nothing, and it's snowing hard outside'  lets wraps this up and go home.  Is thats cool refs???
Greg

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 10:37:01 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
There have to be a reason
sadly i missed because

1) I am waiting for the Cle vrs LA
I will see that one or at least 1st quarter
2) darn Top Chef is interesting in Sony tv for latin america.
3) I just realize I am a PO tential chef
:D
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 11:21:14 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
lol it's the wizards vs the kings.  you could have quite possibly been the only person watching that game on tv

when you say fixed it probably falls more into the category of 'theres nobody here, this game means nothing, and it's snowing hard outside'  lets wraps this up and go home.  Is thats cool refs???

Haha... TP.

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 11:22:20 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Haha... TP.
I agree that was one of the subtlest funniest things I've ever read here

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 11:23:36 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
So presumably the Washington time keepers wanted the other team to win so they could get a higher draft choice in the lottery?

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 11:40:02 PM »

Offline Tw1x990

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 47
Oh I saw it. Unlike anything Ive ever seen. They were shaving off seconds in the fourth quarter by 1-2 second chunks, but in overtime .. oh my goodness. They shaved off 5 seconds at one point, then at the end the clock should have been at the very least over 8 seconds and it was down to 5.

That unprofessional loser needs to be fired. I hope to god someone points this out to the NBA. If thats not cheating I dont know what is. 

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 11:59:12 PM »

Offline christuffa

• Brad Stevens
  • The Sniper
Oh I saw it. Unlike anything Ive ever seen. They were shaving off seconds in the fourth quarter by 1-2 second chunks, but in overtime .. oh my goodness. They shaved off 5 seconds at one point, then at the end the clock should have been at the very least over 8 seconds and it was down to 5.

That unprofessional loser needs to be fired. I hope to god someone points this out to the NBA. If thats not cheating I dont know what is. 

Thanks for backing me up. It's crazy and the refs had to have been in on it.

I know it was a game that really meant nothing in terms of either teams season, but still!

I only saw the last 20 seconds of the 4th Q but then all of OT, and the worst I saw was an 8 second shave in a game where Sacramento really had a chance of a big comeback to win...they had already come back from 20 down in the 3rd to send it to OT...it's just unfair to the players, team and fans - and it's much more blatant mis-use of power than a ref calling a bad foul.

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 12:03:42 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

Thanks for backing me up. It's crazy and the refs had to have been in on it.

I know it was a game that really meant nothing in terms of either teams season, but still!

I only saw the last 20 seconds of the 4th Q but then all of OT, and the worst I saw was an 8 second shave in a game where Sacramento really had a chance of a big comeback to win...they had already come back from 20 down in the 3rd to send it to OT...it's just unfair to the players, team and fans - and it's much more blatant mis-use of power than a ref calling a bad foul.

its impressive that the other team never complains
is there anything about it
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 12:37:21 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
So presumably the Washington time keepers wanted the other team to win so they could get a higher draft choice in the lottery?

Yeah, like nobody wanted to see us lose in 2007. Ulp.