Author Topic: This year's Slam Dunk Contest (Griffin is in!!)  (Read 9148 times)

Re: This year's Slam Dunk Contest (Griffin is in!!)
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2011, 07:13:38 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • GOT IT!!!
LeBron's ego won't let him in it. Remember what happened after he got dunked on?

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2011, 07:19:05 PM »

Offline CrossCL

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
LeBron's ego won't let him in it. Remember what happened after he got dunked on?

Had entirely forgotten about that little incident. That was a big PR mess.... it wouldn't have even been that bad if he had just let the video circulate and get a couple views.

Speaking of LeBron, didn't he promise to be in the dunk contest this year?!

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2011, 10:33:28 PM »

Offline ozman

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
I like jennings and griffen. Mcgee is super athletic and so is serge but arnt going to wow anyone. Why not put an athletic 2-3 instead of 3 big men. guys like wesley johnson, terrico white, paul george (jumped over roy hibbert).

Jennings may just win because he will have to jump higher

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2011, 11:41:32 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
To be fair to the other contestants, you often don't know how creative guys can be until they compete.

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2011, 12:46:52 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I like jennings and griffen. Mcgee is super athletic and so is serge but arnt going to wow anyone. Why not put an athletic 2-3 instead of 3 big men. guys like wesley johnson, terrico white, paul george (jumped over roy hibbert).

Jennings may just win because he will have to jump higher

I am still shocked that jennings will participate

Dec 29 G Brandon Jennings has begun rehabbing his surgically-repaired left foot. Jennings, who had surgery about a week ago for a fractured bone in the foot, is expected to be sidelined for at least another four weeks. Jennings had played in 107 consecutive regular-season and seven straight postseason games before injuring the foot against the Spurs on Dec. 15. "We'll keep our fingers crossed that it will be sooner rather than later and at the same time, not rush it," Bucks coach Scott Skiles said of Jennings' return. "He's not wearing a boot. He'll be able to lightly ride a bike in the coming days and gradually start to turn it up."
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2011, 01:03:34 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1039
To be fair to the other contestants, you often don't know how creative guys can be until they compete.

That's not the point.

The point is this competition, for the last decade, is lacking starpower. More often than not, they get one superstar and 2-3 random players.

I'd love to know how the NBA goes about picking the contestants. Are they getting 150+ declines and landing on guys like McGee and Ibaka? Or do they sit down and think these guys will add anything to the festivities?

If I wanted to see random guys do amazing dunks, I would head over to youtube at my convenience. I would not tune in on a Saturday night like the NBA expects us to do.

The NBA should do something to get the top guys to play. Will more money do it? Embarrass them by releasing the names of players who decline?
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2011, 01:20:56 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
a point next to my boys name

another night of

22 18 7
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2011, 04:28:51 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1714
Blake's SportsCenter dunk tonight was hilarious.  Not because of anything Griffin did, but because Baron Davis nearly faceplanted as he was trying to watch over his shoulder to see what Blake would do with his pass.  I lol'ed. 

I hope he puts on a show at the contest. 

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2011, 04:36:35 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Its simply amazing that Quitness James decided to withdraw when he knew that Blake Griffin will be on the dunk contest. Hell, I'd love to watch Blake Griffin or Rajon Rondo do a posterizer on his quitness.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;