Author Topic: Heat balanced attack against Charlotte  (Read 4483 times)

Heat balanced attack against Charlotte
« on: January 03, 2011, 11:32:49 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Man, what a box score. Only 3 heat players in double figures when they scored 96 points. Guess which 3!

The 4th highest scorer had 6 points and no one had more than 2 after that. Bosh actually only had 11 points. Lebron and Wade both had over 30, combining for 69 of the 96.

Miller is still just 1-10 on the season.

I guess there are enough shots to go around when only 3 guys are interested in shooting, especially with the not-shot-shy House getting another of many DNP-CDs.

Personally, I think the 2 1/2 on 5 offense is actually a good idea.

Re: Heat balanced attack against Charlotte
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 11:34:52 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Man i hate bronnie
specially on weeks i face him on fantasy and he ballhogs old style
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 11:40:35 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Personally, I think the 2 1/2 on 5 offense is actually a good idea.

Sure it is when you have the two best open court players and probably best players in the NBA in general running the break.

Not surprised they are putting it together as the season goes along.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 12:33:22 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 610
I almost never watch a Heat game against a crappy team, but it really bugs me how easy their victories seem (by the score) compared to how hard the C's struggle to pull them off against crappy teams.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 12:40:09 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1039
I almost never watch a Heat game against a crappy team, but it really bugs me how easy their victories seem (by the score) compared to how hard the C's struggle to pull them off against crappy teams.

See: Cleveland 2008-2010.

Let them enjoy their "blowouts."

Honestly, I think his Cleveland teams the past two seasons were better than this Miami one is.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 01:35:38 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Honestly, I think his Cleveland teams the past two seasons were better than this Miami one is.
On the other hand, this season is probably the lower limit for Miami over the next few seasons.

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 01:40:25 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1039

On the other hand, this season is probably the lower limit for Miami over the next few seasons.

I agree that if Riley can use the MLE to address a need (and not go after someone like Mike Miller again), they should be a more complete team next season and so on... But my only concern is the here and now, the 2011 championship.

Unfortunately for them, finding a quality C or PG for the MLE should be the hardest of the 5 positions to find.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 10:35:46 AM »

Offline nba is the worst

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 75
Great title!

What's amazing about that game was all the Heat's jumpers falling, and how few were being contested by the Bcats.

That, and Wade making several ridiculously difficult bankshots...

Seems like the reason they blow out a lot of the weaker teams is the defenders just watch instead of trying to defend.

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 12:44:38 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145

Why is blowouts in quotes? As if they're not really blowouts?

The team is rolling right now and that's before Miller has shaken off the rust. They will definitely be tough to beat come playoff time.

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 01:00:01 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I don't know that that's true. Blowing out teams during the regular season will eventually grow less exciting like it did for the Celts. And I just don't see the James/Wade issues going away in a playoff setting against a good team.

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 01:04:27 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145

I don't know that that's true. Blowing out teams during the regular season will eventually grow less exciting like it did for the Celts. And I just don't see the James/Wade issues going away in a playoff setting against a good team.

What issues?

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 01:08:46 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

I think LeBron has a history of enjoying and pushing for blowouts.  I don't think he will ever grow tired of it and his teams have shown a history of following his lead.  So I disagree.

And though James and Wade do not perfectly co-exist and the Playoffs will be a different animal, I think they have already figured out most of the issues of them playing together already... they both just had 30 + point, complete games against Charlotte.  And they just won Co-Eastern Conference players of the month.

Playoff time will be another adjustment but the issues of them playing together are very minimal right now.  On the break they have amazing chemistry and are unstoppable.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2011, 01:29:15 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
As one of the Charlotte broadcasters of the game said,with MJ being on the end of the Bobcats bench probably gave Lebron a little extra motivation to blow them out.Also his first NBA coach was his opponent as well didn't hurt his wanting to blow them out either.Dale Curry said,"seems like Lebron always raises his level of play when he has the right audience waitching him.Sounds like Curry was p---ed at how Wade & Lebron turned up the heat(no pun intended)when they could have won without blowing them out.

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2011, 02:21:01 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Who cares who scored? They got the win, thats all I would care about. Against the Wolves the Celtics had 4 guys score in double digits instead of three....Whats the difference really.

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2011, 04:57:41 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Who cares who scored? They got the win, thats all I would care about. Against the Wolves the Celtics had 4 guys score in double digits instead of three....Whats the difference really.
Well the difference can be the individual scorers are harder to stop than an offense that moves the ball well. But for a regular season game, you're right who cares.