Author Topic: Quotes from the other side. Laker fans about their team.  (Read 4628 times)

Quotes from the other side. Laker fans about their team.
« on: January 03, 2011, 03:24:20 PM »

Offline Megatron

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 136
There has been a stunning phenomenon the past couple of weeks...Lakers forums all over the world have turned into 2009-2010 Celtics forums.

Here are some quotes from Laker fans about their team, you may find some of them ODDLY and almost INSANELY similar.

"Unless there is a mid-season trade that injects youth into this squad, Its over"

"Let's not kid ourselves and turn a blind eye to what we're seeing. Kobe and Artest are old. Fisher has no business starting. Gasol is soft. Bynum isn't an elite player"

"I'm starting to think these Lakers should all meet at a Barstow bar and talk about their 401K's, Hair loss, and Grandkids births ala TNT's Men Of A Certain Age.... I can only imagine Kobe's conversation with Odom about off-season fishing."

Re: Quotes from the other side. Laker fans about their team.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 03:30:35 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I love seeing the Lakers struggle, but honestly, they look a lot like us last year.  We came within 6 minutes of a title, so I'm not putting dirt on the Lakers' grave yet.  I am, however, reveling a bit in their misfortune.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 03:32:38 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I love seeing the Lakers struggle, but honestly, they look a lot like us last year.  We came within 6 minutes of a title, so I'm not putting dirt on the Lakers' grave yet.  I am, however, reveling a bit in their misfortune.

Indeed. Enjoy them losing but don't think they're losers yet. When they're dead n buried we can talk about how they're done.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 03:35:41 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Yeah, I am not going to write them off for a second, but it is certainly fun to watch.

It also makes me feel a lot more comfortable with the C's having a good chance to at least have home court over the Lakers.  They are still the favorites to come out of the West, and I really don't want to see another game 7 in LA.

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 03:36:32 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2441
Not convinced anyone in the West can beat in LA in a seven game series.

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 03:47:55 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I, like others, think they will probably be fine but also think that there are serious issues here that will prevent them from winning a title this year.  How Kobe handles his diminishing talent and sacrificing for the team, as well as Artests struggles, and the health of Bynum, all are MAJOR problems.

Again, I'll say we may have struggled last year but we didn't have the selfishness or chemistry issues to this extent.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 03:52:47 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3072
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I think if the Spurs are healthy they can take them out, watch them lose in the Con finals
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 03:54:34 PM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101
I do not think they will be fine, if fine means they can beat the Celtics. "Our" loss to the Lakers last year almost deserves an asterisk and the Lakers will be worse than they were last year come May and June, if they have a June. They will not have a switch like the celtics did. As someone else said this seems a lot like 86 to me. We'll be there and they won't.

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 03:55:23 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2441
I think if the Spurs are healthy they can take them out, watch them lose in the Con finals
I don't think San An can matchup against LA's big men.

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 04:00:03 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3072
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
the spurs are a help defense team there guards are insanely quick and good w there hands, manu, parker hill etc they can help and harass the lakers big men and get back

pau is finally breaking down and fatigued bynums coming off that surgery and spurs you know still got that guy Timmy
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 04:14:31 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I'm picking San Antonio to come out of the west. 
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 04:16:02 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
the spurs are a help defense team there guards are insanely quick and good w there hands, manu, parker hill etc they can help and harass the lakers big men and get back

pau is finally breaking down and fatigued bynums coming off that surgery and spurs you know still got that guy Timmy

I wouldn't say Pau is breaking down.  For example last game he did very well in the beginning and then he didn't get good touches.  But the rest of your assessments I agree with, though your guard play can only make up so much for your post defeciencies.

Regarding Duncan, I think he has looked terrible this year. The Spurs have been such a surprise for me for that reason, and it is ultimately why I think the Spurs are not true contenders.  They simply don't have the post play to match up in the post season.  I think you can get by in the regular season but the importance of post play in the playoffs, especially when playing a deep and talented frontcourt like LA or ours, becomes much greater.  They have some solid guys like Blair but they won't stack up.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 05:01:04 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Its called Karmic Backlash and its what you get when the refs win your title for you....

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 10:37:03 PM »

Offline ozman

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21

6 minutes? more like 1 minute, if rondo hadnt of bounced the ball on the line when he stipped kobe. 1 play. how annoying

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 11:35:23 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Teams can beat them, but Lakers would probably be favored.

Upsets happen all the time. Unless you are drastically better than other teams.

They sure have been especially horrible since Bynum's return.