Author Topic: Interesting Statement About Al Jefferson  (Read 6295 times)

Re: Interesting Statement About Al Jefferson
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 12:14:01 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
Jefferson can body up at C similar to BBD and Shaq (similar, not exactly the same) and he's big enough that when he plays PF his help D isn't terrible. But he's generally a bad defender. McHale was a great defender. That's why Jefferson isn't a star (and playing mostly on bad teams during his career.) Stars play both ways or handle the ball a lot on offense (think Steve Nash). I'll be interested to see if playing for Sloan gets Jefferson to defend better, the way playing in Doc/Thibs system seems to have brought the best out of Ray Allen (not known for D his career until he came to the C's.)

Re: Interesting Statement About Al Jefferson
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 04:12:47 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
When Love learned that Beasley had been traded to Minnesota this past offseason, he was excited, since the two have remained good friends. Still, Al Jefferson's departure brought on mixed emotions. "I was really close with Al, so it was a little bittersweet because he was a mentor," Love says. "But it also opened up more playing time for me and more opportunities, so I can't say that I was mad."

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=5961118

Beasley and Love's friendship formed at the first Elite 24. You can see a bond form in this documentary. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1204298/ Pretty good watch BTW

That was a great movie.  I saw it when it first came out.  This was before Michael Beasley, Kevin Love, Tyreke Evans, Brandon Jennings or Jerryd Bayless were NBA players and before Kyle Singler led Duke to a national title.

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson