Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 357984 times)

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #120 on: December 08, 2010, 07:20:35 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
canned all the writers??? what for? the show was top rated across the board....kinda reminds me of the heat firing their entire season ticket staff once the big drama came to town ...the big wigs forget all the little people that bring them to the top

I read where the guy that fired all of the writers actually had to rewrite the pilot episode and the finale.  And even with that the writing has been poor.  We love Zombies though.  Way too much drama and not enough action, IMHO.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2010, 04:05:09 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
For those who may have not seen it, the last episode is on AMC right now. (4AM) It will be on at 10PM tonight, as well.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 04:15:52 AM by Bahku »
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #122 on: December 10, 2010, 04:26:58 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Always liked Laurie Holden ... first thing I saw her in was "The Majestic" with Jim Carrey. Loved that movie, though it had mixed reviews.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #123 on: December 10, 2010, 05:18:16 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
So, the big question/secret tying us to the next season, (however long we have to wait for it), is: What did Jenner say into Rick's ear at the end? Maybe Rick's wife, Lori, is pregnant? (Her illness/vomiting). Jenner found something in Rick's blood that could be a key? I think it was that Andrea has the virus, (hence the bandage and her wish to remain at the CDC and die painlessly).

However, during an interview with actor Noah Emmerich, (Dr. Jenner), he said the following:

Q: So fess up. What did Jenner whisper into Rick's ear?

A: "You know the most important thing to remember in life, like the most important thing in life? If I could tell you one thing that's the most import thing to get by and have a happy life, it's that -- [Emmerich begins mumbling] -- and that's exactly what it is." Did you hear me?

Any guesses?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 05:24:45 AM by Bahku »

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #124 on: December 10, 2010, 07:51:57 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
FYI: The final episode is on at 10PM tonight, for those who may have missed it. (AMC)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #125 on: December 10, 2010, 07:59:53 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
So, the big question/secret tying us to the next season, (however long we have to wait for it), is: What did Jenner say into Rick's ear at the end? Maybe Rick's wife, Lori, is pregnant? (Her illness/vomiting). Jenner found something in Rick's blood that could be a key? I think it was that Andrea has the virus, (hence the bandage and her wish to remain at the CDC and die painlessly).

However, during an interview with actor Noah Emmerich, (Dr. Jenner), he said the following:

A: "You know the most important thing to remember in life, like the most important thing in life? If I could tell you one thing that's the most import thing to get by and have a happy life, it's that -- [Emmerich begins mumbling] -- and that's exactly what it is." Did you hear me?

Any guesses?

def pregnant.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2010, 09:15:11 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Any guesses?

def pregnant.

And it's most likely Shane's child, not Rick's.

Someone should come up with a show where the paid writers come up with the premise or first episode, and the audience/general public are the ones who write the subsequent episodes, (submitted online), adapted and edited by professionals, of course. ;)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #127 on: December 10, 2010, 11:28:41 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
FYI: There is another broadcast of the last episode airing at 1AM.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2011, 11:01:21 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
FYI: There's a "marathon" showing of the entire first season tonight and tomorrow night at 8PM on AMC.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #129 on: October 14, 2011, 10:23:59 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
For those interested, the Season Two Premiere is this Sunday, October 16, at 9PM ... I believe they're replaying last season as a lead-up to the premiere, (earlier in the day, ending at 9PM).

AMC, for those who didn't know.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #130 on: October 14, 2011, 10:29:44 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
I can't wait! I have the DVR set and and beers on ice. I hope the number of episodes at least double this season. Six was far too little.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #131 on: October 14, 2011, 11:15:26 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
I can't wait! I have the DVR set and and beers on ice. I hope the number of episodes at least double this season. Six was far too little.

Mk

Yeah, this show is one of the best on tv.  Love it.

I think I read somewhere that this season will be 13 episodes or something in that vincinity which will be awesome.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #132 on: October 14, 2011, 12:38:03 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
For those interested, the Season Two Premiere is this Sunday, October 16, at 9PM ... I believe they're replaying last season as a lead-up to the premiere, (earlier in the day, ending at 9PM).

Excellent news.  love the show.  any idea if they'll replay the episodes like they do with their other shows?  my DVR only picks up 2 shows at a time and sadly they put this up against Boardwalk Empire (me) and Desperate Housewives (wife).

« Reply #133 on: October 14, 2011, 02:04:53 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Excellent news.  love the show.  any idea if they'll replay the episodes like they do with their other shows?  my DVR only picks up 2 shows at a time and sadly they put this up against Boardwalk Empire (me) and Desperate Housewives (wife).

They start with previous episodes at 230P on Sunday ... not sure if it's complete or condensed, but it starts at the beginning and goes until the new premiere at 9PM.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #134 on: October 14, 2011, 02:10:22 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm interested to see if it's as good this year without Frank Darabont onboard.  Rumors has it that AMC cut the per-episode budget for the show, when led to a grudge match with Darabont regarding production values.  The counter-argument seems to be that Darabont couldn't handle the day-to-day responsibilities of running a TV show.  Either way, he's gone, and it kind of sucks.  Let's hope we don't miss him.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes