Author Topic: Haynesworth - "Contract doesn't make me a slave"  (Read 5424 times)

Re: Haynesworth - "Contract doesn't make me a slave"
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2010, 07:53:01 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
I'm a lifelong Redskins fan and this is just more drama to me. I can see what Albert is getting at, but he is missing the point on so many levels.

I think if he really wanted to start a protest and dialogue on this whole issue, he should've began way back in April of this year - by not accepting that $21 million dollar bonus.

I love the man, and he certainly causes opposing defenses problems, but I really don't think that The Redskins Organization is asking him to do anything out of the ordinary here, especially since he did not hesitate to take that nice bonus. Mike Shanahan has won Championships, playoff games, etc...he has 14+ yrs doing this stuff. He's no rookie by any stretch.

Mike knows what he is doing. I just wish that Albert would go into silent move and play. His team needs him. Lord knows I'd love to have a Redskins Playoff Team this year, and I believe we'll need Albert to do just that.

To directly address the Slave comment? I can't see it....at all. Maybe he needs to talk to actual descendents of slaves or some of the current Civil Rights establishment to get a History Lesson before he makes these kind of comments.

As an African American man myself, this comment is just outrageous.

TP.  If Haynesworth felt that he didnt want to be controlled by 'the man' then he should have walked away from the 20 million dollar check he took in April, even back then he knew what he was getting himself into and yet he still took the check.

Trust me, if thats what he did, as absurd as his comments are, he'd at least look a bit more respectable in the process.

All that aside, most people, especially redskins and titans fans, should know that Haynesworth is a spoiled little child that throws tantrums when he doesnt get what he wants....all of these comments he made are examples of it.
Greg

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2010, 08:13:16 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I'm a lifelong Redskins fan and this is just more drama to me. I can see what Albert is getting at, but he is missing the point on so many levels.

I think if he really wanted to start a protest and dialogue on this whole issue, he should've began way back in April of this year - by not accepting that $21 million dollar bonus.

I love the man, and he certainly causes opposing defenses problems, but I really don't think that The Redskins Organization is asking him to do anything out of the ordinary here, especially since he did not hesitate to take that nice bonus. Mike Shanahan has won Championships, playoff games, etc...he has 14+ yrs doing this stuff. He's no rookie by any stretch.

Mike knows what he is doing. I just wish that Albert would go into silent move and play. His team needs him. Lord knows I'd love to have a Redskins Playoff Team this year, and I believe we'll need Albert to do just that.

To directly address the Slave comment? I can't see it....at all. Maybe he needs to talk to actual descendents of slaves or some of the current Civil Rights establishment to get a History Lesson before he makes these kind of comments.

As an African American man myself, this comment is just outrageous.
As a fellow Skins fan, Haynesworth has just made me sick about the team's god-awful front office and it's players.  Haynesworth is making a ton of money to play football pure and simple.  He needs to take responsibility for keeping his pathetic whiny butt in playing shape which he neglected to do and just do what's good for the team.  That's the type of player on want on my team -- someone who wants to play, conditions themselves to be able to play and will do whatever is asked of them to help the team win.

Shame on the Skins front office for not doing a better job of researching this malcontent and even more shame on Haynesworth for this fiasco.

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2010, 08:53:04 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 442
The whole analogy is ridiculous.  I was even more offended by Rasheed's comments a few years ago.

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2010, 09:10:50 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
No, but it does make him an employee. 

There are a lot of things I do at work they never told me about before hand.  It is the nature of having a boss. 

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2010, 02:23:25 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Maybe Im in the minority, but I agree with Albert. It's the principle of the thing, and the amount of money shouldn't matter. He was told that he'd be playing a certain position and would be compensated for it, which Haynesworth agreed to. After he was hired, they switched his position, something he didn't originally agree to nor was part of the original package. If they told him prior, he would of had the option to negotiate the compensation. Thus, he was [pee]ed, and I dont blame him one bit.

If I got hired for a janitorial position at a school for a certain wage, and they asked me to start fixing roof leaks, I'd put up a fight too.
His contract is to play football.

Employees experience this all the time. A company changes the way they run their business and employee job descriptions change. Haynesworth is an crybaby.

Employees often don't like when these things happen and I have no problem with complaints if he feels cheated, but his analogy is just stupid.