Author Topic: 2010 CB Draft: Pacific Division Press Conferences  (Read 88577 times)

Re: 2010 CB Draft: Pacific Division Press Conferences
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2010, 11:43:20 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25589
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Too many tough questions out of the Pacific:

Roy, if the Kings were going to host an NBA Jam tournament, who would win and why?

If we're talking CB-NBA league wide, I'm going with Toronto.  David Lee as the big-time rebounder, and Paul Pierce + Ray Allen to score inside or outside.

In our division, I'm picking myself.  I've got home court, first of all, and the Boozer, Randolph, Rose trio has the elite talent needed.

Of course, it's hard to argue with Phoenix, if only due to Howard. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2010, 11:50:35 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Question for Phoenix

Are you concerned starting Jamison after what KG did to him in the playoffs?  Im sure most people on the blogs most immediate memory is the celtics going to KG more than they had all season long and exploiting that matchup.  

There's a big difference on who's got his back in this case. He had Garnett posting him up with Zydraunus Ilgauskus as his front court mate (Varejao's minutes were pretty limited). Now he's got Dwight Howard which is a huge improvement.

I'll also point out that for the most time there aren't teams with the kind of size that the Celtics had, so more times than not it wouldn't even be a thought Though we do have a lot of flexibility to match height if it comes to that.
That isn't true. (though Shaq isn't better than Big Z at covering for another's defense)

Big Z only played in 3 our of the 6 games that Boston series. He played for 5,14, and 14 minutes.

Meanwhile Jamison played 36,35,29,36,31, and 30 minutes in that series. He had AV and Shaq paired with him most of the time.

Good god, if that's not a sign I need another coffee I don't know what is. Completely forgot about Shaq.

Sentiment still the same, Dwight Howard helps him a lot. Depth also would allow us to play a few ways if teams had multiple 7 footers (or near 7 footers)
What depth is my question for you.

You have Howard and Jamison as your only proven NBA class big men. Typcially teams need at least 3 in the playoffs and over the course of the season 4. How will you deal with inevitable injuries and rotational issues?

Greg Monroe and Ed Davis are 2 very capable NBA-Ready lottery picks who are very much ready for the minutes I'm ready to give them. In case of an absolute disaster, Hedo Turkoglu would move to the 4, Matthews minutes would go up, and Fernandez/Salmons would get increased opportunity at the 3.

« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2010, 11:58:14 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
For more on Greg Monroe, here's a link I provided in my presser but it really should be read if you're not familiar with him. Both for this draft, and just as a basketball fan. Really good stuff:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/17087/the-truehoop-dossier-greg-monroe

« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2010, 11:59:33 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Greg Monroe and Ed Davis are 2 very capable NBA-Ready lottery picks who are very much ready for the minutes I'm ready to give them. In case of an absolute disaster, Hedo Turkoglu would move to the 4, Matthews minutes would go up, and Fernandez/Salmons would get increased opportunity at the 3.
Ed Davis was frequently injured and ineffective in his time at NC. To count on him as NBA ready just because he's a high pick is foolish. Greg Monroe is more proven, but again college careers don't always translate. Even if they live up to their talents, there is no guarentee they'll be ready to contribute this year.

You're trusting two Rookies to be your backup PF and C respectively. That's a huge question mark. If you have to play Hedo at the 4 that'll hugely hurt your team's defense and rebounding as well.

If you'd managed to secure some sort of backup big men I'd probably have you as the top team in the West. As of right now its holding you back.

« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2010, 12:00:58 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
For more on Greg Monroe, here's a link I provided in my presser but it really should be read if you're not familiar with him. Both for this draft, and just as a basketball fan. Really good stuff:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/17087/the-truehoop-dossier-greg-monroe
I'm familar with him and Ed Davis.

« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2010, 12:02:57 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222

You have Howard and Jamison as your only proven NBA class big men. Typcially teams need at least 3 in the playoffs and over the course of the season 4. How will you deal with inevitable injuries and rotational issues?

i think the point is phoenix is depending on rookies such as monroe davis and jones. Three rookies is a lot to depend on.
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2010, 12:03:18 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I will be late but someday torontos press conference will BLOW YOUR MIND!!
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2010, 12:04:40 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

i think the point is phoenix is depending on rookies such as monroe davis and jones. Three rookies is a lot to depend on.
He has much more depth ahead of Jones, plus he can always play one of his forwards at the 2. Jones is a nice piece with upside in my book.

« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2010, 12:06:03 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

You've got until next Tuesday, Edgar.  Get working!

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2010, 12:06:49 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

He has much more depth ahead of Jones, plus he can always play one of his forwards at the 2. Jones is a nice piece with upside in my book.

Yeah, I like Dominique Jones.  He'll probably start in the D-League, but I like his potential.

« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2010, 12:09:19 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

You've got until next Tuesday, Edgar.  Get working!

I know , my working black hast move since last week
I had mission all week, and have to end my masters test for tomorrow and working in two public Licitations or public contests for consulting.
So priorities...lol... shame on me.

But be sure i will come up with some fancy scrolling to make for my lack of dedication.

GO TORONTO!!

5 celtics, 5 All Stars
VOTE FOR US!!
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2010, 12:10:10 PM »

Offline riah32

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 94
Phoneix: Not sold on your backups at pf and C
Davis and Monroe are rookies thats all..I think they are capable of being decent backups...

I think the problem with the Suns is that you have 1 point guard on your roster. What happens if baron Davis gets hurt? Fernandez or Williams will get burned by starting point guards. i think having 1 point guard is a huge risk.

If Davis gets hurt, we'd also insert Hedo Turkoglu into the lineup.

So turkuglu would be running the point? He is an ok ball handler but still an issue to not have a real point guard.

Question: why no real backup point guard?

No value in drafting the ones available. Terrence Williams, Rudy Fernandez and Hedo Turkoglu are all more than capable of handling the ball.

you could have traded for a backup pg and are you worried that Rudy Fernandez might not be in the NBA this year?

To answer your questions I'm not sold on them because I dont know how productive they will be at the NBA level its the same for all rookies.

As an avid Big East fan Monroe sometimes tends to not play hard at times does that concern you at all?

It also looks like you got Hedo playing three postions if there is trouble at pf and pg.
Indiana Pacers-Celticsblog Draft Team

« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2010, 12:10:42 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Question for Sacramento:

How will you deal with long defensive teams?

Is shooting a concern for your team?

What is your crunch time lineup?

« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2010, 12:11:34 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

I'm familar with him and Ed Davis.

Ya, I was just posting the link. Not neccesarily to you Faf.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Dwight Howard will be playing 40 minutes a night, so its not as if the backup center role will be huge. From there, we're counting on two highly touted rookies to eat up about 30 minutes (in the regular season) in roles that are tailor made for what they're already capable of doing.

« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2010, 12:15:25 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
I think the point is phoenix is depending on rookies such as monroe davis and jones. Three rookies is a lot to depend on.

As pointed out before, Jones would just be an option I'd consider and his minutes would be really limited. So to say I'd "depend" on him is certainly an overstatement

It also looks like you got Hedo playing three postions if there is trouble at pf and pg.

Also incorrect. He would never play PG, but could carry the ball handling as a point forward. He also would only play PF in the event of an injury.