Author Topic: NBA Elite 11 vs NBA 2K 11  (Read 45910 times)

Re: NBA Elite 11 vs NBA 2K 11
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2010, 10:45:48 AM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164
1) i read in the review that you suck at the start. how low is your player's rating at the start

I started playing MyPlayer pretty late, and ended up quitting midway through my first game. The player was pretty terrible, I was a pass-first PG and woudl often struggle to keep my dribble. I'm sure I'll pick it back up tonight, but it was pretty frustrating

Yeah a friend and I actually took our freshly made My player's online using the Celticsbloggers team which is really just the Celtics.  We tried and failed to have our 42 and 43 overall players keep up with the onslaught of Miami Heat cloned crew teams that have come out of the woodworks.

We played 4 games and lost them all handily.  Only 1 of those games did we play against other people who were actually using their My Player character.  And surprisingly the ones that did were real good.  They were pulling off amazing dunks and crazy dribbles and hitting 3's like a hot Ray Allen.  Their My Player overalls were in the 80's and the game just came out HOW!

Frustrating can even begin to describe it.

If I find out a way to easily boost up your My Player quickly I will post it here.  Last years game the My Player was just as bad but did not play this bad.  With the new AI and other changes your My Player plays just like what his rating is and at 43 he sucks.

The last game we decided to just leave the real Celtics in the game and we did better but they pulled away in the 2nd half and still blew us out :(

It is gonna take PRACTICE!
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2010, 11:35:08 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I don't mind earning my spot,  just wish my player wouldn't be so cheap with the points. It seems like there is a limit to how many you can get.

Example: combine game one I had 16 points, 20 rebounds and 5 assists

I got 1600 points or so.

The next game my pf had to go up against someone who was actually his size and I put up

6 points, 11 boards, 6dimes. I got 1500 points.

Seems like I should have gotten alot more points for the first game, regardless of the fact that I got a teammate grade of a for both.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2010, 11:38:33 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I don't mind earning my spot,  just wish my player wouldn't be so cheap with the points. It seems like there is a limit to how many you can get.

Example: combine game one I had 16 points, 20 rebounds and 5 assists

I got 1600 points or so.

The next game my pf had to go up against someone who was actually his size and I put up

6 points, 11 boards, 6dimes. I got 1500 points.

Seems like I should have gotten alot more points for the first game, regardless of the fact that I got a teammate grade of a for both.

1) There is a cap on SP-PG.

2) I have a 6'10 SF, and I'm only getting like 1200 a game. The last one I played I had like 25-7-7 or something. I didn't get about 1700 I don't think. Is your PF a 7 footer?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2010, 11:40:20 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
BTW, for anyone who hasn't boughten it yet. Believe the hype, the game is that good.

Was anyone else struggling out of the gates in my player? In 2k10 out of the gates I was handling myself pretty well, but I was getting humiliated in my first combine game.

« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2010, 11:45:17 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
6'10, wanted to be more athletic ala a mix of oh and Beasley

That sucks about the cap, I guess I'm hurting myself by playing 8 minute quarters in myplayer, more time invested for no gain

I might remake tonight, before I get to far in. Might make my old my player

Also, anyone finding in franchise that players don't fatuous well? I'm playing 12 minute q's since it's actually realistic this year, and I can et through the entire game without having to sub if I don't want. Anyone noticed this and found a good setting on he fatuige slider?
Micheal garrnett, it's fictional kid. I made him 7'2 and lanky like my lol
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2010, 12:24:34 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
When I get home from work tonight, I am starting my My Player over and using this method.

Works for all drills I just have to decide what skills I will focus on for my player.

Red Auerbach

« Reply #96 on: October 06, 2010, 12:39:31 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 399
hmmm, MyPlayer is sounding like a struggle. haha! i wonder what the perfect balance is between challenging/rewarding journey through your career without making it cheesy/too easy. but thanks for the feedback guys! TP for both of you :)

i'm planning to make a point guard too, but an athletic one. sorry, i was a fan of Steve Francis, lol. i'm entertained by PG's who can dunk and block.

- LilRip
- LilRip

« Reply #97 on: October 06, 2010, 12:56:00 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
hmmm, MyPlayer is sounding like a struggle. haha! i wonder what the perfect balance is between challenging/rewarding journey through your career without making it cheesy/too easy. but thanks for the feedback guys! TP for both of you :)

i'm planning to make a point guard too, but an athletic one. sorry, i was a fan of Steve Francis, lol. i'm entertained by PG's who can dunk and block.

- LilRip

I actually had a question about that, can pg's call the teams plays in my player?

« Reply #98 on: October 06, 2010, 01:41:36 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
This will provost be seen as nitpicky by those who haven't gotten a chance to play it yet, but those who have, how awesome is the player of the game segment?

I had one for rondo last night that was absolutely stunning. Absolutly top notch on that 2k

« Reply #99 on: October 06, 2010, 01:54:10 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
This will provost be seen as nitpicky by those who haven't gotten a chance to play it yet, but those who have, how awesome is the player of the game segment?

I had one for rondo last night that was absolutely stunning. Absolutly top notch on that 2k

Was very impressed with the presentation everywhere in the game.  From the second I popped in the game saw MJ and he said "Are you ready" then it jumps you right in to Game 1 of his 1st Finals (SICK)!

The game is top notch.  I played from the time I got home till 2AM.  I am paying for it now though.  I will probably put in 3-4 hours at least again tonight lol.

Red Auerbach

« Reply #100 on: October 06, 2010, 06:47:25 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
I'm curious, did anyone end up getting Elite?

« Reply #101 on: October 06, 2010, 07:02:30 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
I'm curious, did anyone end up getting Elite?

EA indefinitely suspended elite's release date due to quality issues/ player response to the demo.

There's speculation it will never be released, at the very earliest it wont be till post all star break.

« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2010, 07:43:49 PM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166

- LilRip

That video there makes it seem quite hard, but after watching another video of csmooves' my player, the draft combine looks incredibly easy for a point guard! Should be good fun creating a PG.

Cannot wait to get this game, so close!

« Reply #103 on: October 07, 2010, 11:25:41 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I played a couple more my player games last night, after getting a better handle for the changed flow of the game I foudn it to be much easier.

« Reply #104 on: October 07, 2010, 01:03:02 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I haven't owned a basketball game in a while and I am having problem in the post. When I get the ball with Shaq in the post he doesn't attempt to dunk it but to finish with finesse and he misses often. How do I dunk off my vert/ dunk through someone in the post? How do I do post moves that end in a dunk? Very often I have the angle but end up trying a difficult layup instead of simply going up and throwing it down.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19