Author Topic: "Russian Mark Cuban" defends Lebron  (Read 1723 times)

"Russian Mark Cuban" defends Lebron
« on: July 30, 2010, 03:08:41 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
From USA Today:

The players are signed, the "Decision" is made, but the passions around this year's extraordinary class of NBA free agents refuses to die down. What surprises me is the amount of negative commentary directed at the three top free agents (especially LeBron James) who decided to play on the same team and to create a great franchise together. Of course, any club owner dreams of having those players, including me, but all questions of how the announcements were made aside, I respect their choice, and no one has the right to judge them.

I want to say that I support LeBron, the best athlete in the NBA. He had a truly difficult choice to make. Any move he made was sure to be viewed as wrong, and to leave many unhappy fans. Basing his decision on achieving results on the basketball court shows that the sportsman won the day, not the showman or the businessman. What is wrong with that?

We are seeing the birth of a new, dynamic team with such star players, and all of us can await the new season with great anticipation. I wish them success and give them my moral support. I will be happy for us to beat the Miami Heat in the conference finals, maybe not this season, but in the very near future

Interesting letter, which I'm sure is done purely for public relations, and to let Lebron (and other free agents) know that if he ever decides to opt out of his contract, New Jersey / Brooklyn has his back.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Re: "Russian Mark Cuban" defends Lebron
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 03:13:17 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
Clever move

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 03:15:34 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Isn't Cuban the power behind NBA HD?  He will make out well whoever LeBron plays for (as long as he play).  Yes, he would do even better if LeBron played for his team.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 04:27:14 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1836
dude reminds me of the Russian billionaire in the commercial petting the mini-giraffe.  Creepy

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 05:40:36 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I read that wrong...you were referring to the new owner of the Nets?  I am not writing anything more in the public forums until I get some sleep!  My mind is spinning,  ::) .
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 08:31:29 PM »

Offline Ohio Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 18
  • GM - NYK
dude reminds me of the Russian billionaire in the commercial petting the mini-giraffe.  Creepy

LOL, that's exactly what I thought of when I saw that commercial!
CB Draft - New York Knicks
PG: George Hill / Nate Robinson
SG: Dwyane Wade / Gerald Henderson / Christian Eyenga
SF:  Grant Hill / Paul George / Earl Clark
PF:  Kenyon Martin / Jordan Hill / (Earl Clark)
C:   Greg Oden / Kurt Thomas / Hilton Armstong