Author Topic: Would you trade Sheed for Beasley (Trade idea)  (Read 5504 times)

Re: Would you trade Sheed for Beasley (Trade idea)
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2010, 01:46:39 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1038
At this point, I think Wallace's contract is worth more in a trade then Beasley. 
I don't think Sheed's contract will end up being that valuable. If the Nets, Knicks, Bulls and Clippers all get shut out (like I expect them to be), they will be able to pick up a bad contract from a cash strapped team for nothing due to their cap space. With so many teams being able to offer the same salary relief as us only on a larger scale, I don't think Sheed's value is that high.

Most cash strapped teams are likely to be over the cap, so the salaries would have to match.

Sheed's contract is worth something, whether that is Beasley I don't know. I'd like to see who we get with the MLE first.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2010, 02:14:01 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

-If getting Beasely meant that the HEAT would then sign Lebron then there is no way I do this deal.  The whole intent of keeping the big 3 together and not going towards youth is to compete.. and the best way would be to limit other teams if possible.

If Miami gets Lebron, they'd have 2 of the best players in the league and a 20/10 guy who plays little to no defense.  They'd also have ZERO cap space and only the MLE to get a starting PG, center and any sort of bench.  No one wants any of the players the Heat have sign-n-trade rights to (except Beasley) and maybe Chalmers, who doesn't make enough to bring anything back in a deal.

I wouldn't be afraid of a LeBron/Wade/Bosh Heat next season.  The year after that when they can use the MLE again?  That'd be Katy bar the door.

Mike

We should trade for Beasley. I know, crazy, right? We should. I would.
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2010, 01:52:24 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
The Celtics have gotten Jermaine O'Neal, that means trading Sheed for a swingman should be priority #1, right?

Well, Micheal Beasley and Mario Chalmers' combined salaries don't total Rasheed's 5.8 million.

Sheed for Beasley and Chalmers? Sheed files retirement papers today...in the next 3 hours?

We get younger and debatably better. Strong Celtics leadership and realization that Beasley was just traded for cap room makes M-Bizzle take basketball a little more seriously. Plus, Boston is no Miami.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
EDIT: I understand this won't happen. But we should. It makes more sense than any other deal I've seen, and it has the most upside with relatively little risk.

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2010, 01:58:01 PM »

Offline Rashi

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
To be honest I really don't follow the other teams as much...so I am not too sure how good or bad Beas really is; but when I went to check out his stats...I just realized he is only 21 !!

He is quiet young..and his average is about 10/6 which is not too bad considering that he will be coming off the bench.

If we really can't get someone better with Sheed's contract, then I really wouldn't mind getting Beas. Our big 3 will make sure he keeps his head in the game and will influence him to work harder.

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2010, 02:01:47 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Unfortunately I dont think we are the only option Miami has in unloading Beasley.

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2010, 02:02:51 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Wallace's contract wouldn't do Miami any good whatsoever.  This would have to be a three-way deal where we sent Rasheed to a third team, and that team sent Miami a piece they wanted. 

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2010, 02:05:36 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Wallace's contract wouldn't do Miami any good whatsoever.  This would have to be a three-way deal where we sent Rasheed to a third team, and that team sent Miami a piece they wanted. 

Would it have done them any good a week ago? Could he have retired by then?

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2010, 02:46:23 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Wallace's contract could do them some good.  Wade, Bosh and LeBron haven't officially signed anything yet.  That means there could be a situation where trading Beasley for Sheed and then Sheed retires, taking his contract off the books, could benefit Miami.  Once Wade, Bosh and LeBron sign, THEN there's nothing Miami gains from trading Beasley for Sheed.

Mike