Author Topic: rumor: Knicks trying to trade for Tony Parker  (Read 2582 times)

rumor: Knicks trying to trade for Tony Parker
« on: July 04, 2010, 12:03:36 PM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
ESPN is reporting this--seems like they locked up Amare, they're trying to get a legit PG and already have 1 all-star on their team. They seem determined to make some noise--if those cards really do fall into place, is Ray the final piece?

Re: rumor: Knicks trying to trade for Tony Parker
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 12:20:41 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
ESPN is reporting this--seems like they locked up Amare, they're trying to get a legit PG and already have 1 all-star on their team. They seem determined to make some noise--if those cards really do fall into place, is Ray the final piece?

They should get Nash instead.

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 12:25:01 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Blasphemy! ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 12:28:30 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Blasphemy! ;)

Exactly!

Hands Off of Ray Allen, NY ;D. He's Ours.

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 12:39:40 PM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
NY has a solid handful of trade worthy assets and whatever combination they keep is a really good group, especially with those additions.

Gallinari
Lee
Harrington
Amare
Parker
Chandler
McGrady
Douglas
Sergio Rodriguez

and what if they went after Ray or Hedo?? sick.....they'd score more than Phoenix did last season.

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 01:00:21 PM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
IMO, the Knicks are in an interesting .. but not as attractive scenario as people are laying out.  Unless San Antonio has a fascination for David Lee and a pick, I don't believe they have the assets to acquire Parker.   

They have cap room which they might be able to use to acquire an overpaid PG?   The name that comes to mind for me is Gilbert Arenas or maybe even Monte Ellis. 

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2010, 01:15:13 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I think the knicks are going to bring in some pretty good players (Possibly Johnson, Amare, and parker in the starting 5) It all depends on what they do after these aquirings that will make or break them.

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2010, 01:35:39 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1562
IMO, the Knicks are in an interesting .. but not as attractive scenario as people are laying out.  Unless San Antonio has a fascination for David Lee and a pick, I don't believe they have the assets to acquire Parker.   

They have cap room which they might be able to use to acquire an overpaid PG?   The name that comes to mind for me is Gilbert Arenas or maybe even Monte Ellis. 
I've heard a three way trade where Lee goes to Minnesota, Jefferson goes to Golden State, and Ellis goes to the Knicks.  I'm sure the Spurs could be swapped out for Golden State.  Jefferson seems like a good fit for the Spurs and a good pairing with Duncan.  Obviously Lee would have to agree to go to Minnesota in those scenarios, but if the money is right I don't see why he wouldn't.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2010, 01:50:16 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Makes sense because George Hill's emergence during the playoffs has made Parker expendable. Parker has peaked, Hill is on the rise, and there is no way a small market team like the Spurs can afford to pay big money for two guys who are extremely similar when they need more production in other areas like either Forward spot, assuming Duncan is the center. I would love to see Jefferson in San Antonio or Lee for that matter.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 02:49:17 AM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78

I've heard a three way trade where Lee goes to Minnesota, Jefferson goes to Golden State, and Ellis goes to the Knicks.  I'm sure the Spurs could be swapped out for Golden State.  Jefferson seems like a good fit for the Spurs and a good pairing with Duncan.  Obviously Lee would have to agree to go to Minnesota in those scenarios, but if the money is right I don't see why he wouldn't.

I could see a scenario like this.  IMO, Al Jefferson makes sense for San Antonio.