Author Topic: If Ray Allen wants too much money or years, C's would go after a young SG(Rumor)  (Read 6629 times)

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Yeah, I don't like Reddick as Ray's replacement, unless it's at short years.  He won't be good enough to keep us as contenders and if he signs a long term deal, he'll just be a burden to the eventual rebuilding process. 

If the C's bite the bullet on Pierce, they might as well bite it on Ray too.  Because there's no point in paying Pierce and KG big bucks for the next two years (and beyond) to be a 2nd round playoff exit. 

Offline Truth Hurts

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
So who is Young?
"Odom drains another 16-footer. It's 24-7, Lakers. They look so possessed on both ends that they've earned at least five sitting ovations from the Lakers' crowd." - Simmons

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
So who is Young?

Anthony Morrow-
24yrs old - 11 PPG, 47%FG, 46%3PT, 86%FT(career avg)2 yrs exp

JJ Reddick 26yrs old - 7 PPG , 42%FG, 39%3PT, 86%FT(career avg)4 yrs exp

Wes Matthews23 yrs old-  9.4PPG  48%FG  38%3PT, 82%FT(career avg)1 yr exp

They are all restricted free agents  so the C's would likely have to send Sheed's expiring contract and another player( TA,Nate, Bradley) to land one of them .

Morrow is the best shooter and Matthews is the best player IMO

Offline JoeRowe23

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
Anthony Morrow- 24yrs old - 11 PPG, 47%FG, 46%3PT, 86%FT(career avg)2 yrs exp

Regardless what happens to Ray we need to pick him up. Not often you find a dead eye shotter like him stting around. I think we should trade for him and andris biedrins, could do wonders and revamp our team.

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
So who is Young?
don't feel bad I was try to come up with "young's" first name and who he played for

Offline Truth Hurts

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
well, those guys are certainly young. But none of them are Young ;)

So who is Young?

Anthony Morrow-
24yrs old - 11 PPG, 47%FG, 46%3PT, 86%FT(career avg)2 yrs exp

JJ Reddick 26yrs old - 7 PPG , 42%FG, 39%3PT, 86%FT(career avg)4 yrs exp

Wes Matthews23 yrs old-  9.4PPG  48%FG  38%3PT, 82%FT(career avg)1 yr exp

They are all restricted free agents  so the C's would likely have to send Sheed's expiring contract and another player( TA,Nate, Bradley) to land one of them .

Morrow is the best shooter and Matthews is the best player IMO
"Odom drains another 16-footer. It's 24-7, Lakers. They look so possessed on both ends that they've earned at least five sitting ovations from the Lakers' crowd." - Simmons

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
What about Quentin Richardson?  He's got good size at the 2, can hit the three and is certainly tough enough.  I think he'd be a great fit playing behind Ray or platooning the 2 with TA if Ray leaves.

Mike

Guy's a chump.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
Another thing to consider...while Ray has never been considered a "defender" he did a pretty admiral job on:

Dwayne Wade, then
LeBron James, then
Vince Carter, then
Kobe Bryant...

I'm not saying he shut these guys down obviously but he played some good savvy, tough Vet D on them for the lion's share of the time.

Was it any wonder his legs may have been shot and his shot suffered?

I'd say your besy option is to:

A) sign a good scoring wing to back up Ray and Paul when offense if needed and just to generally keep them rested ( miller, Outlaw, Reddick

B) As someone else has said and to also re-sign Tony as your defensive demon behind Ray when major D is needed.

Between Tony, the "scoring wing" signing, Harangody or Gomes maybe just keep Paul and Ray very, very well rested all season.

and beat up on people with your depth. 

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Another thing to consider...while Ray has never been considered a "defender" he did a pretty admiral job on:

Dwayne Wade, then
LeBron James, then
Vince Carter, then
Kobe Bryant...

I'm not saying he shut these guys down obviously but he played some good savvy, tough Vet D on them for the lion's share of the time.

Was it any wonder his legs may have been shot and his shot suffered?

I'd say your besy option is to:

A) sign a good scoring wing to back up Ray and Paul when offense if needed and just to generally keep them rested ( miller, Outlaw, Reddick

B) As someone else has said and to also re-sign Tony as your defensive demon behind Ray when major D is needed.

Between Tony, the "scoring wing" signing, Harangody or Gomes maybe just keep Paul and Ray very, very well rested all season.

and beat up on people with your depth.  

Precisely.  Ray/PP/KG can't play much over 32 minutes/game, preferably even a tad less to keep them fresh throughout the season.  SO...we need backups that have starter-level talent to play big minutes against opposing starting lineups, but...

It starts looking like Hubie Brown's last coaching venture when he played essentially two squads and everybody got 24 minutes, 10 players deep, night in and out.  Killed fantasy teams, and also players heading into free agency that wanted/needed to establish their value.  Nobody liked playing that way, and I don't think many players will sign up to do the same work as Ray and Paul, contribute as much on both ends for equal minutes, but only get half the money (MLE vs. 12+ million).  Good luck with that, is our problem with this strategy, but it's the best card we have to be competitive next year.  

Perhaps someone will fall in this whole mess (hello, Richard Jefferson) and take short money, but only on a short deal, meaning we have the same freakin' problem every year of needing starter-quality players to come off the bench.  Ugh...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 04:14:02 PM by More Banners »