Author Topic: KG has an injured shoulder?  (Read 6771 times)

Re: KG has an injured shoulder?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 10:16:06 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Are we going to dissect everytime someone rubs himself?

His struggles, whatever they may be, are not because of this shoulder.

So how do you explain his going for rebounds many times with only his right arm?
Because Garnett actually does this all the time?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2010, 10:16:07 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I would not doubt there is something wrong with his left shoulder and he was rubbing it and grimacing while on the bench. This definitely would explain why he was playing volleyball with rebounds most of the night and using only his right arm. Have to hope that it is just a bruise or stinger and not something serious.

may also explain the atrocious form of the terrible jumper he took

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2010, 11:35:30 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
makes sense, unfortunately.....

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2010, 11:40:45 AM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1820

So how do you explain his going for rebounds many times with only his right arm?

Gasol and Bynum who are bigger than him are around. He's putting his energy in simply getting to the ball... and having one hand stretched out allows him to reach farther.

We saw him rubbing his shoulder, that's fine... but to suddenly concluding that his struggles are due to this makes little sense to me. Was he also injured against Orlando? Was he grimacing in game 1? I mean, I only saw him that one time on the bench kinda like massaging his shoulder a bit... I think there's a lot of jumping into conclusions just off that.

In my opinion foul trouble simply has him out of rhythm.

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2010, 01:04:35 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
I'm not so focused on one particular moment where KG maybe looked like he was rubbing his shoulder or something.  But:

1. He just looks like a completely different player than what we saw against the Cavs and Magic. I don't think it's all to do with the Laker's bigs either.
Either he's hurt or he's choking big time. But he always has one or two really bad games every series, even in 2008.

2. Was he always wrapping his knee like what he had on it when he came off the bench last night?

3. If he his injured it's obvioulsy significant enough to change his entire game from one sereis to another. And if so, he's out there on all heart...

Have to give him creidt on that. 

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2010, 01:10:24 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
Somehow he just doesn't seem right, at all. It's realy hard to put a tag on it.

He's not as amped as he usually is and his performacne is clearly suffering.

Is ti possible he is simply too geeked at a shot of winning anothe title and he's got himself right out of his mind and his game?

I don't know but something jsut doesn't look right.

Also, he did look alot more bouncy the first few series.

A moment I thought was interesting was the one in the Orlando series where Howard blocked his shot and he came down somewhat awkwardly with all his weight on his right knee. And slowly went to the floor. He got up and ran down the floor so it appeared he was ok.

But I'm wondering if he strained something a little on that play.

Does anyone know which play I'm talkign about?

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2010, 01:11:46 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32

Hopefully not...

Yeah, that didn't sound weird at all.  :D

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2010, 01:44:35 PM »

Offline scurvmeister

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 30
Crazy, I was going to post some speculation like this. I noticed the shot of him rubbing his left shoulder on the bench last night.

But also, remember when KG punched Dwight Howard in the arm twice last series? Dwight put his hand TWICE on the same spot that KG massaged last game. It's possible KG reacted that way because it really hurt him...

Like others have said, it would affect his rebounding and ability to elevate his left arm.

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2010, 02:01:40 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

Because Garnett actually does this all the time?

No. He has 8 rebounds in two games. He is not grabbing the basketball.

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2010, 02:14:02 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
This is all just part of KG's mind game with Phil.  By now, Phil has all but written off KG.  The plan is working eeexcelllentlyyyy.

Sort of an extended Paul Pierce leaves the court in a wheelchair before coming back in and burying a 3 pointer.

In fact, when they introduce KG next game, I'd like to hear the theme song from Rocky.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2010, 02:16:56 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 758
I was listening to the Dennis and Callahan show on WEEI this morning and they were saying that kg hurt his shoulder, and at one point was holding his shoulder and grimicing while he was on the bench. I didn't see this happen, but I remember a few times at the end of the game KG was going up with one arm to try and rebound and Jeff Van Gundy even pointed it out.

Also in game 1 when kg lost the ball 2 times going up for a wide open layup, barley able to bring his arm(s] over his head. It makes me think that there really is something wrong with his shoulder.

Anyone else hear anything about this?

i believe something is wrong - all this talk about , well KG is getting older and he's lost a step." huh ?

we sure didn't hear that when he was lighting up the Cavs in round 2 or shutting down Rashard Lewis in the east finals.

you don't get old and drop off like this in two weeks time. he looks like something is limiting him and that play in game 1 vs lakers where he struggled with the two put backs and he had trouble grabbing the ball is a prime example.

i'm sure not blaming kG - he's a warrior, and if something is wrong, he ain't crying about it like Lebron, he just goes out there and fights and battles and tries to help his team win anyway he can. KG is a Celtic .......... he should have been with us all along.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2010, 02:18:34 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
If its not his knee or his foot, it must be his...shoulder.  Enough of the KG excuses.  He's older and Pau was spot on with his analysis.  He needs to find a way to give us a little bit more.

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2010, 02:22:30 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
So he does. And this doesn't change the fact that he has gone after rebounds with one hand systematically over the last three seasons.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2010, 02:33:20 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
So he does. And this doesn't change the fact that he has gone after rebounds with one hand systematically over the last three seasons.

That is incorrect, but whatever. If he has gone after rebounds with one hand over the last three years the way he has done in this series, then I must have been watching a different player the last three years.

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2010, 02:39:10 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

That is incorrect, but whatever. If he has gone after rebounds with one hand over the last three years the way he has done in this series, then I must have been watching a different player the last three years.
You did -- you watched the Kevin Garnett that could jump so high his elbow was above the rim. Frankly, I think part of the issue is learning how to play now that this explosiveness is gone, and rebounding has become more about positioning and boxing out, and less about leaping higher than everyone else.