Author Topic: Where can we watch Rugby?  (Read 3198 times)

Where can we watch Rugby?
« on: May 31, 2010, 11:39:24 AM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
in or around boston? My dad and I watched "Invictus" and became interested in it. We looked up the rules and now want to catch a game sometime. I saw that the Rugby Super League season just nded. Does anyone know whhat would be the next best thing?

Re: Where can we watch Rugby?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 06:30:48 PM »

Offline christuffa

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 70
  • The Sniper
If you want to see a good game of rugby, make sure it includes Australia or New Zealand, preferably the two of them competing.

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 06:45:32 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
If you're interested in watching it live, many colleges have club teams, and some are pretty good.

There are also some men's leagues around if you want to play...

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 06:55:27 PM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
in or around boston? My dad and I watched "Invictus" and became interested in it. We looked up the rules and now want to catch a game sometime. I saw that the Rugby Super League season just nded. Does anyone know whhat would be the next best thing?

Super League is a lot different to Rugby Union, just so you know.

Australia has just played England in a friendly and New Zealand have just played Ireland two days ago, I think tomorrow has the Australian Babarians (Invitational team but still top quality) playing England if you can find a stream or even coverage of it.

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 07:08:22 PM »

Offline bobdelt

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
Check out setanta.com  They own the rights to most international matches. Your cable company may offer setanta. And setanta streams game online. There are bars (banshee) that play games in Boston. For big matches expect to pay a cover as these are pay per view. Big money internationally. Probably why is hard to catch on the US. If this was free to watch, maybe people would get into it.

I've never heard of superleague being televised. 7's (7on7 rugby) is occasionally on TV, I think the day of the superbowl.