Author Topic: Rondo is a top 10 NBA player right now  (Read 2212 times)

Rondo is a top 10 NBA player right now
« on: May 23, 2010, 12:43:04 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
No more if he does this or if he does that, the kid has reached elite player status. Forget about just pg's he is in the talk of top 10 nba players. Even if he is only the 3rd best pg in the league(I think he will eventually overtake them) he is still a top 10 player

1) Kobe
2) Wade
3) Durant
4) Lebron
5) Melo
6) Bosh
7)Deron Williams
8 ) Chris Paul
9) Rondo
10) Howard

After that its young guys like Roy, Granger, Rose

older guys like Nowitzki, Duncan , Nash, KG , Ray , PP

I think Rondo makes it into the top 10 because of his age, all around game, ability to make teammates better. I might even take Rondo over Bosh and Howard because he can dominate the game in so many more way than those 2.

Anyone Agree?

Re: Rondo is a top 10 NBA player right now
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 12:54:38 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1836
I think he should be ranked even higher, in terms of his value in the play-offs. I would put him in the top 4, behind Kobe, Wade and Lebron; it is even legitimate to ask if Rondo should be ranked higher than Lebron as a play-off player, which is all that I really care about.

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 01:04:48 AM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
I think he should be ranked even higher, in terms of his value in the play-offs. I would put him in the top 4, behind Kobe, Wade and Lebron; it is even legitimate to ask if Rondo should be ranked higher than Lebron as a play-off player, which is all that I really care about.

You want to make that case?

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 01:23:56 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I am not comfortable with the Rondo over Lebron logic. Basketball is still a team game, and an individual's success is greatly a result of choices the defense makes. Be careful not to go overboard exalting players when their teams succeed.

Is KG as bad as his stat line in this series? Was Pierce as bad as his stat line in the Clev series? If Pierce isn't as bad as his stat line when going up against a premier defender, Lebron was going up against Pierce, a player who has proven since 2008 that he can be a top defender at his position.

On the pro-Rondo side of the ledger, I think it is safe to say that his defensive contributions will always be undervalued because working through pics and pressuring the ball in the back court doesn't show up on individual stats. For this reason, it is harder for him a player like Rondo to be considered a superstar.

It will be interesting to see what kind of player Rondo is post 'big 3'.

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 01:49:50 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
No more if he does this or if he does that, the kid has reached elite player status. Forget about just pg's he is in the talk of top 10 nba players. Even if he is only the 3rd best pg in the league(I think he will eventually overtake them) he is still a top 10 player

1) Kobe
2) Wade
3) Durant
4) Lebron
5) Melo
6) Bosh
7)Deron Williams
8 ) Chris Paul
9) Rondo
10) Howard

After that its young guys like Roy, Granger, Rose

older guys like Nowitzki, Duncan , Nash, KG , Ray , PP

I think Rondo makes it into the top 10 because of his age, all around game, ability to make teammates better. I might even take Rondo over Bosh and Howard because he can dominate the game in so many more way than those 2.

Anyone Agree?

If these playoffs have made Rondo a top 10 player... shouldn't the same logic have made Dwight a Non-Top-10 player?

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 02:29:25 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Playoffs are where you make your legacy.

Regular Seasons are where you make your career.

Rondo's career is just starting & about to take off.

His legacy has already begun with the 08 chip.

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 05:38:19 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

James is still too young and too good to dismiss him for his mediocre playoff play, I think.  But I agree with putting him right behind James and ahead of 'Melo and Bosh for what he's shown in the post-season.  It's what has elevated him from third-best to best pg in my mind.

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 07:01:39 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Magic Johnson, in a post-game interview, called Rondo "The best all-around Point-Guard in the NBA ... Jason Kidd used to be, but now it's Rajon."
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 08:28:28 AM »

Offline reggie35

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 51
A few weeks ago, I thought people were overreacting by saying that Rondo's a top 5 player. I also said that if you had a chance to trade Rondo for a center like Howard you'd have to do it.

I was wrong.

Dollar for dollar, Rondo is probably the best player in the league right now.