Author Topic: The PLAIN Truth – about Perk  (Read 2451 times)

The PLAIN Truth – about Perk
« on: May 10, 2010, 10:46:49 AM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 147

The PLAIN Truth – about Perk

What a beautiful game by Perk.  Wow.  That’s what I am talking about. He dominated defensively.  He was awesome on the board and defending the basket.  I mean, 6 big rebounds and 4 blocked shots, in 23mins?  Now, that’s the game I’ve been looking for.  He didn’t even score and I am calling this Perk best playoff game of the season.

Kudos to Perk!

Re: The PLAIN Truth – about Perk
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 10:48:26 AM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120
He played ok. He will need to play better if we are going to get past Cleveland.

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 10:56:09 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
He got called for a couple questionable fouls that contributed to his shortened playing time. I would say Perk should take a charge next time shaq lowers his shoulder and barrels into him, but I know that if Perk got knocked down the refs wouldn't call it and then Shaq would dunk on him.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 11:04:44 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Wow, I did not see that at all.  I thought he struggled against Shaq (but played good help defense., and was absolutely abysmal on offense, costing the team several posessions, and not bringing anything to the table on that end.

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 11:06:23 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Love what Perk brings to the table, but what I wouldn't give to see him hit a 12 to 15 ft jumper with regularity. Tommy Heinsohn says he's basically automatic when he shooting around. So I think it's just a matter of confidence.

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 11:43:04 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Perkins is solid but not spectacular. I think he gives us enough out of the defensive end of the floor and in rebounding. He could try a few mid rangers because Rondo could probably outquick most of the slugs on the floor to the ball on the floor. Other than that, what you see is what you get from Perk and thats just fine by me.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 11:46:13 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
Perk is what he is...  A lumbering big man with very limited offensive skills (put backs and right-handed jump hooks) who needs to embrace his role as an enforcer and "garbage" player.  He cannot be depended on to be an offensive threat on a regular basis, and if this were 25 years ago Perk would be lucky to even be a starter in the NBA, but probably relegated to a player that is a notch above Joe Kleine in ability.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 11:59:10 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Perk is what he is...  A lumbering big man with very limited offensive skills (put backs and right-handed jump hooks) who needs to embrace his role as an enforcer and "garbage" player.  He cannot be depended on to be an offensive threat on a regular basis, and if this were 25 years ago Perk would be lucky to even be a starter in the NBA, but probably relegated to a player that is a notch above Joe Kleine in ability.
Sadly what you say is true -- if this were the 80's, Perk would be a limited backup center at best.  Ah, to be back in the days when the NBA had really skilled centers on the majority of teams. 

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 12:01:31 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Perk played some solid minutes in the fourth quarter, but Shaq had 17 points, and to my eyes dominated Perk for most of the game.

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 12:02:26 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Well, Perk got fouled a lot down low but the fouls were never called (surprise!).  It's hard for him to do much on offense because he gets clobbered by Shaq, Andy, and BronBron down low but doesn't get to the line much.  

On the other end, he's doing an admirable job of defending as best he can even though he gets called for a lot of questionable fouls down there, too.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2010, 12:02:55 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
He played ok. He will need to play better if we are going to get past Cleveland.

Wait.. he will need to play better then he did in order to beat CLE in order to beat CLE?

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2010, 12:34:15 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I thought Perk played fine last night. Played physical on defense, blocked some shots, and didn't force anything on offense.

Calling a guy out for not scoring is fine if he was hoisting shots all night, but Perk was 0 for 2 from the field. He concentrated on doing the dirty work, and did a fine job.

BTW, he had more rebounds last night than Shaq. And one TO. Calling him a Joe Kleine 2.0 is a bit of a stretch. Kleine would have fouled out in 6 minutes trying to guard Shaq.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2010, 12:40:27 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Wow, I did not see that at all.  I thought he struggled against Shaq (but played good help defense., and was absolutely abysmal on offense, costing the team several posessions, and not bringing anything to the table on that end.

Yeah thats what I saw too. Excellent help defense, but Shaq got what he wanted.