Author Topic: If LeBron guards Rondo  (Read 892 times)

If LeBron guards Rondo
« on: May 09, 2010, 11:06:35 PM »

Offline misterx2day

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 25
There has been some talk that James is going to switch onto Rondo, which wouldn't be surprising at all. But that leaves us with a couple of options. I do think Rondo will have a lot more trouble getting past LeBron and scoring in the lane. But this may awaken Paul Pierce, who will not take too kindly to having Anthony Parker switched onto him. If we can get Paul going, it will definitely make up for any fall-off Rondo has if LeBron guards him effectively. Also, Ray will still have an advantage against Mo Williams/Delonte West.

But most of all I want Rondo to cross LeBron so hard that he leaves his ankles in Cleveland when this series comes back to Beantown   ;D
"I don’t know what’s wrong with that girl." - Reggie Evans on Pau Gasol.

Re: If LeBron guards Rondo
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 12:08:27 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
If LeBron guards Rondo, Paul Pierce MUST dominate Anthony Parker.  Rondo will also have to attack LeBron as often as he can to try to force him to play physical defense and maybe pick up some fouls.

LeBron is fast but I'm not sure he's fast enough to keep up with Rondo.  I guess we'll see.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 12:13:09 AM »

Offline kg is king

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • KG IS THE KING
If LeBron guards Rondo, Paul Pierce MUST dominate Anthony Parker.  Rondo will also have to attack LeBron as often as he can to try to force him to play physical defense and maybe pick up some fouls.

LeBron is fast but I'm not sure he's fast enough to keep up with Rondo.  I guess we'll see.

Agreed, let's hope Rajon draws some fouls on the Queen. Oh wait...Mr. Stern his majesty and los zebras won't let that happen  ::)
"I'm from the bottom, I understand what it's like to have and to not have. My perception on giving is to put yourself in those people's shoes and go from there. So that's what I did. " - The One and Only KG

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 12:18:29 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
Paul should get going if he gets a smaller defender on him. Hopefully he won't get into foul trouble early will be able to get into rhythm. But I don't want us to focus exclusively on getting him going at the expense of establishing KG in the post and getting Ray some good looks early. It'll be about the balance
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.