Author Topic: And the EPL champion is  (Read 9254 times)

And the EPL champion is
« on: May 09, 2010, 12:51:42 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
Chelsea!!

8:0 over Wigan is more than enough, leaving United with nothing  ;)

Drogba finished top scorer with 29 league goals.

Congrats to all the Chealsea fans over here.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

Re: And the EPL champion is
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 01:16:41 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Chelsea Crowned Champions
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 01:42:12 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Congratulations to all Chelsea fans. I hate your club but I am also a believer in sportsmanship. So there you go.

No, misha, we didn't end up with nothing. The Champions League is still waiting for us, too. You still only beat us by one point. One crappy point over the course of 38 games is not very much. People said we'd not be in the run after we sold Ronaldo. I guess they were wrong! I also remember a very bad call in the game in Manchester, where Drogba (who was clearly offside) was allowed to put Chelsea up 2-0. And that was after we had played almost an ice hockey power play the entire second half. Oh, well. We'll be back. At least you didn't win on an extra time, 95th minute goal  ;)

PS: There is a long way to go before you have 18 EPL titles.
And oh, I have been an MUFC fan for your entire life  ;D

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 01:48:52 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Congratulations to all Chelsea fans. I hate your club but I am also a believer in sportsmanship. So there you go.

No, misha, we didn't end up with nothing. The Champions League is still waiting for us, too. You still only beat us by one point. One crappy point over the course of 38 games is not very much. People said we'd not be in the run after we sold Ronaldo. I guess they were wrong! I also remember a very bad call in the game in Manchester, where Drogba (who was clearly offside) was allowed to put Chelsea up 2-0. And that was after we had played almost an ice hockey power play the entire second half. Oh, well. We'll be back. At least you didn't win on an extra time, 95th minute goal  ;)

And oh, I have been an MUFC fan for your entire life  ;D

I seem to remember Man U's goal in that game coming from a handball. Sweet victory that was, a win for the Mancs would've had them 4 points up and on their way to an unprecedented 4th successive title!

Always good to see the bandwagon clubs lose. Hopefully the Lakers will follow suit!
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 01:54:09 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
Always good to see the bandwagon clubs lose.

I have followed Man U since 1984, that hardly makes me a bandwagoner.
I see that is your entire life, too.

I hate your club but I am also a believer in sportsmanship.

I guess you are not.

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 02:01:39 PM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
Celery, Celery.... I can't sing the rest or Jeff will ban me  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF9-pCYe0J4

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 02:03:38 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton

I guess you are not.

Didn't say you were a bandwaggoner yourself mate. I do however consider them a bandwagon club and I will stand by that statement.

I wouldn't have said your post was particularly sporting either dude, apart from the first sentence.

Either way though I'm not really that fussed, we're all Celtics here. At least KG will be happy as well.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 02:07:45 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan

I guess you are not.

Didn't say you were a bandwaggoner yourself mate. I do however consider them a bandwagon club and I will stand by that statement.

I wouldn't have said your post was particularly sporting either dude, apart from the first sentence.

Either way though I'm not really that fussed, we're all Celtics here. At least KG will be happy as well.

No worries.

I am sure several people here only root for Chelsea because KG does. I guess it makes them bandwagoners  8)

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 02:16:13 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton

No worries.

I am sure several people here only root for Chelsea because KG does. I guess it makes them bandwagoners  8)

Don't forget, Paul Pierce is apparently a fan as well mate! ;)

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 02:27:37 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Open your eyes
No, misha, we didn't end up with nothing. The Champions League is still waiting for us, too.
Nothing means no title, at least for me. CL place is hardly something concerning a top club like United.

And oh, I have been an MUFC fan for your entire life  ;D
Just to clarify, I'm not a Chelsea fan (AC Milan), I just don't like United mostly because of so many bandwagon fans out there (there are many of them, here, in Israel). Of course, that's has nothing to do with you. I respect true fans.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 03:01:12 PM by misha »
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 02:41:02 PM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I am over the moon that Tottenham finished in the top four!

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 02:42:53 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
TP's to all on this thread for standing by your teams for so long. Gives us something to take our minds off what are often stressful times as a Celtics fan!

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2010, 02:43:42 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
It's always good to win a title but this victory doesn't feel as sweet as the previous two ...

This isn't a great Chelsea side. They just got it in a year where the other top teams were significantly weakened/flawed sides. In another season, this wouldn't be a title winning side.

Chelsea should be concerned about the strength of their team heading into next season.

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2010, 03:05:21 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
It's always good to win a title but this victory doesn't feel as sweet as the previous two ...

This isn't a great Chelsea side. They just got it in a year where the other top teams were significantly weakened/flawed sides. In another season, this wouldn't be a title winning side.

Chelsea should be concerned about the strength of their team heading into next season.

Wow, they survived a ton of injuries to some of their top players.  I'd say this is just as sweet.  Manu-U was strong as ever, Arsenal had their shot, but Liverpool was down.  It will be a fun off season as I believe there are lots of changes coming to all of the top teams.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2010, 03:31:44 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Open your eyes

Wow, they survived a ton of injuries to some of their top players.  I'd say this is just as sweet.  Manu-U was strong as ever, Arsenal had their shot, but Liverpool was down.  It will be a fun off season as I believe there are lots of changes coming to all of the top teams.
Yes, especially Essien injury was big. He's super important to Chelsea. With him, Cole and Carvalho all fit, they wouldn't lose to Inter IMO.

Chelsea doesn't need a major squad revolution, as they have an excellent base. Few cosmetic changes and the'll be fine.
The Immortals: