Author Topic: Booing during the playoffs is NOT ok  (Read 11700 times)

Re: Booing during the playoffs is NOT ok
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2010, 09:36:33 PM »

Offline jasail

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 24
i don't like the booing. poor rotations, poor shot selection, poor hustle.  i may not like it but they deserve it. 

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2010, 09:42:04 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
To each his own.

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2010, 09:47:49 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
What the hell are these so-called Celtics fans at the Garden thinking????

That's the kind of crap I'd expect from Fakers fans.

Spoiled little brats in their $200 dollar seats, that's all they are.

I hate this new brand of Celtics fans that's been ushered in by the Big 3. YOU DON'T BOO YOUR OWN TEAM IN THE PLAYOFFS.

I completely agree with you Ballin TP!

Do you want them to cheer? You deserve to get boo'd when you're losing a playoff game by 30 at home. This isn't little league where everyones gets a juice box and a pat on the back.

Yes, I do want them to cheer Frezz, and I want them to cheer them on to get them to start playing better and get them to go on a run like they should have when things started to not look good in the first quater when the Cavs went up ten. 

Think of all the things the Celtics have done for you and you're booing them!  I could never bring myself to booing my favorite team!
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

Uh, yeah it is
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2010, 09:48:07 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 326
did you see the game?
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Re: Uh, yeah it is
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2010, 09:49:51 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
did you see the game?

Yeah I did and it was LeBron going off and there is nothing you can do when he doese that!  Go be a Laker fan with Bill Simmons rocknrollforyoursoul.

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2010, 09:50:46 PM »

• Satch Sanders
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2010, 09:52:35 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
Neither is losing by 30.

No, it's not, but why can't the fans show some respect for what the Celtics franchise has done.

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2010, 09:56:32 PM »

Offline Scottie

• NGT
  • Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 53
  • About five seconds after 17 O'clock!!

It's actually the more knowledgeable fans who are booing.  They can discern between max effort and something much less.  The know-nothings cheer any kind of substandard effort.

Possibly the most ridiculous statement I have ever seen.

Re: Uh, yeah it is
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2010, 10:00:57 PM »

• Satch Sanders
did you see the game?

Yeah I did and it was LeBron going off and there is nothing you can do when he doese that!  Go be a Laker fan with Bill Simmons rocknrollforyoursoul.
Oh yeah, call me Bill Simmons, but last I checked, LeBron didn't score 124 points, he scored 38, which means the rest of the Cavs scored 86, which means the C's were nearly outscored by the nonsuperstars from Cleveland. Yes, of course I realize that Lebron's hot shooting opened things up for his teammates, but the C's were nonetheless giving him too much room on the perimeter and playing bad team defense, and their defensive rotations were horrible. Remember when Jordan scored 63 against the C's in the '86 playoffs but the C's won the game? You can have a superstar score his points but still beat his team, and clearly the C's were flat tonight, like they didn't care, settling for jump shots from the opening tip despite talking all week about attacking ... and that's why they deserved to get booed.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2010, 10:02:34 PM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103

It's actually the more knowledgeable fans who are booing.  They can discern between max effort and something much less.  The know-nothings cheer any kind of substandard effort.

Possibly the most ridiculous statement I have ever seen.
Well, the good news is that you can mindlessly cheer substandard effort if you want to.  Yeehaw!

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2010, 10:04:18 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
You get what you play for, so to speak.

The Celtics played for boos tonight.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2010, 10:04:46 PM »

Offline indyceltic

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18
Neither is losing by 30.

No, it's not, but why can't the fans show some respect for what the Celtics franchise has done.

What did the Celtics Franchise do tonight? 

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2010, 10:06:39 PM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
The C's are not to far away from making a transition from an old team to a somewhat younger team. I do hope they keep the leader of the team. The one that led and changed the "all about me" attitude of the team....KG. It's time to build around Perk, Rhondo using KG's leadership. (I think Perk will be a big surprise if given a chance by a coach that believes in him.) Ray Allen as 6th man....maybe. The rest can be used as trade chips.

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2010, 10:12:33 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Frankly, were I Doc, I would have got up in the first two minutes of the third quarter and called Salvatore every foul thing I could cram into 30 seconds, called him a gutless moron and dared him to eject me.

Because there's no reason to sit around and watch one of the worst playoff efforts I've ever seen from a Celtic team.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2010, 10:15:52 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Frankly, were I Doc, I would have got up in the first two minutes of the third quarter and called Salvatore every foul thing I could cram into 30 seconds, called him a gutless moron and dared him to eject me.

Because there's no reason to sit around and watch one of the worst playoff efforts I've ever seen from a Celtic team.

We shouldn't be surprised.  They've shown all season they are capable of playing amazing, and capable of simply checking out within the first few minutes and dropping a major turd.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers