Author Topic: Three Days between Game 2 and 3  (Read 5303 times)

Re: Three Days between Game 2 and 3
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 09:05:05 AM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!
They did this because this was the first 2nd round game to start and if every 2nd round game went 7 games they would all end on May 16th or May 17th.

TP. Not sure why nobody got it. I thought the same thing.

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2010, 09:16:51 AM »

Offline Potapenko Boxout

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
Can someone explain to me why we have this ridiculous gap between games in this series?? It is ridiculous, to have a game on Monday and the next game is on Friday of the same week.

Only in the NBA.

I think its the NBA trying to make sure there is a game on tv every day

This is exactly why. TP

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 01:10:14 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
Ah I get it, basically NBA greed.

They should have given the extra days off before the series, but they wanted the Saturday prime time money.

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2010, 01:15:02 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
Regardless of the injuries to James and Varejao I think the layoff favors our team more. The big 3 will be extremely well rested as their minutes weren't too high last might (Allen 38, KG 33, Pierce 32).

This is also going to give Cleveland an extra day to think of the loss at home and start wondering if history is going to repeat itself. Last season the Cavs quickly lost homecourt and went back to Orlando tied 1-1. The Magic went on to win the next two games at home and the series was essentially over. I really hope the media brings this up and continues to hound Lebron on the elbow. Despite the crown he's been given, I see him as a mentally weak player who could let that hurt his psyche.

The only thing the Cav are thinking about is that they need to pick up their intensity.  The Cavs were playing their best basketball during the Orlando series last year, that has hardly been the case in these first 2 games against Boston.  The Cavs are going to give the Celtics their best shot, not collapse from the memory of last year.

I would also like to know what makes you think Lebron is mentally weak?

Finally, as for the rest between games, I thought this was a huge advantage for Boston going in to the series but now I am glad the Cavs have it.  They need to watch the tape of Game 2 about 200 hundred times over the next 3 days and realiz they need to take the Celtics seriously or they will get blown out.

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2010, 01:27:55 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
LeBron's elbow approves of this  ::) ;)

Exactly.  I don't like all these days off and I don't think in this case it benefits the C's at all.  We are playing great; we are healthy and in a groove; we don't need half a week of rest.

well KG knee may use a little rest.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2010, 02:08:13 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

I'll be the first to admit that he's a great player. However, in crucial situations I just don't trust him. If you do, that's okay as everyone is entitled to their opinion. But the fact remains that when facing elimination in the playoffs he has a combined record of 2-5 dating back to 2006. He also has shot a very pedestrian 44% from the field and 73% from the line in those crucial games.

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2010, 02:32:27 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Regardless of the injuries to James and Varejao I think the layoff favors our team more. The big 3 will be extremely well rested as their minutes weren't too high last might (Allen 38, KG 33, Pierce 32).

This is also going to give Cleveland an extra day to think of the loss at home and start wondering if history is going to repeat itself. Last season the Cavs quickly lost homecourt and went back to Orlando tied 1-1. The Magic went on to win the next two games at home and the series was essentially over. I really hope the media brings this up and continues to hound Lebron on the elbow. Despite the crown he's been given, I see him as a mentally weak player who could let that hurt his psyche.

The only thing the Cav are thinking about is that they need to pick up their intensity.  The Cavs were playing their best basketball during the Orlando series last year, that has hardly been the case in these first 2 games against Boston.  The Cavs are going to give the Celtics their best shot, not collapse from the memory of last year.

Finally, as for the rest between games, I thought this was a huge advantage for Boston going in to the series but now I am glad the Cavs have it.  They need to watch the tape of Game 2 about 200 hundred times over the next 3 days and realiz they need to take the Celtics seriously or they will get blown out.

I think you're underestimating the Celts. They've played the Cavs 6 times this year and have generally outplayed the Cavs, had the game fairly well in hand and faltered at the end. I don't think you can realistically claim that the Cavs just need to take the Celts seriously and they'll win. I think it's closer to the other way around.

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2010, 02:34:24 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Is 3 days enough time for a non existant elbow injury to heal?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2010, 02:37:56 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Is 3 days enough time for a non existant elbow injury to heal?

Only if the Cavs win the series.

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2010, 02:54:51 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129

I think you're underestimating the Celts. They've played the Cavs 6 times this year and have generally outplayed the Cavs, had the game fairly well in hand and faltered at the end. I don't think you can realistically claim that the Cavs just need to take the Celts seriously and they'll win. I think it's closer to the other way around.

Well, I would really like to see the splits for when the Cavs go small and athletic as compared to when Shaq or Z are in the game.  I think the oint differential would be staggering.  The Cavs proved throughout the regular season that they can beat the Celtics with athleticism.  Mike Brown's stubbornness will not allow this to happen.

Also, I didn't say the Cavs need to take the Celtics to win it, I said they needed to take the Celtics seriously to not get blown out again.

I predicted the Cavs in 7 because I knew Boston was legit.  The regular season, is not a good indicator of playoff performance, especially when you are talking about a playof tested team.

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2010, 10:15:37 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

I'll be the first to admit that he's a great player. However, in crucial situations I just don't trust him. If you do, that's okay as everyone is entitled to their opinion. But the fact remains that when facing elimination in the playoffs he has a combined record of 2-5 dating back to 2006. He also has shot a very pedestrian 44% from the field and 73% from the line in those crucial games.

Things like game 5...