Author Topic: The fix is still in! Cavs commit 0 foul during the ENTIRE 2nd quarter  (Read 6834 times)

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Time to re-visit this thread. I came out in defense of the officiating when all this was being thrown around as I didn't feel like it was that bad. This game however took the cake! Even though the foul count on both sides was pretty high, Lebron was getting away with murder for the most part on both ends of the floor. He must have committed 15 plus fouls and only got whistled for 4 of them. Perk, PP, and Ray all get the slightest hint of contact called on them and this guy nothing… That was horrendous! The only reason they got so many fouls called on them was because they were manhandling us so badly they couldn't completely swallow the whistle. They should be ashamed of themselves. It's a good thing Rondo and TA came to play today or the NBA marketing department would have gotten their wish.

???? Not sure why that posted twice...

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
I was at the game today - I've never heard so many "BS" chants in my life. We must have started at least 10. It was truly atrocious refereeing. EJ, you're absolutely right about how many fouls Lebron committed...his "sick block" on Ray Allen (where he spiked it into the stands) was a prime example of marketing over substance. Lebron destroyed him with the lower body. It was clearly, clearly a foul and the officials let it go so it could be a highlight.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
I was at the game today - I've never heard so many "BS" chants in my life. We must have started at least 10. It was truly atrocious refereeing. EJ, you're absolutely right about how many fouls Lebron committed...his "sick block" on Ray Allen (where he spiked it into the stands) was a prime example of marketing over substance. Lebron destroyed him with the lower body. It was clearly, clearly a foul and the officials let it go so it could be a highlight.

Celtics got away with a lot of fouls too.

The refs let a lot of stuff go.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Celtics got away with a lot of fouls too.

The refs let a lot of stuff go.
Yeah I agree. That first 6 minutes of the fourth quarter the refs swallowed their whistles against the Celtics. There were, once again, a lot of fairly obvious bad calls and bad no calls but at least today, it was fairly even and I can almost believe those bad calls and missed calls were due to incompetence. The first three games, given the lopsided number of calls going the Cavs way, I couldn't say the same thing.

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Last night was the most consistent effort I have seen by any NBA refs all season. Mostly good calls and at least bad calls on BOTH ends. I do not really mind the bad calls as long as they swing both ways. When Stern figures that out, he will be able to feel proud (and he will have the right to feel proud) of the product he is selling us and the fans will actually agree.