Author Topic: The fix is still in! Cavs commit 0 foul during the ENTIRE 2nd quarter  (Read 6836 times)

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
apparently they don't travel either.

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1274
That ridiculous crab dribble has got to be the most blatant non-call so far in this series. I mean lebron hopped from one spot to another after picking up his dribble!!

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I will say, there was a sea change in officiating at half-time.  The toss-up calls started to go our way.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Maybe the refs reviewed the tape at half?  Saw how utterly terrible they were and started to actually care about the integrity of the game?

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Maybe the refs reviewed the tape at half?  Saw how utterly terrible they were and started to actually care about the integrity of the game?

Well, let me modify my post above.  The refs were in our favor in the third.  They were back to themselves in the fourth, though.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Offline SamuelAdams

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51

Well, let me modify my post above.  The refs were in our favor in the third.  They were back to themselves in the fourth, though.

/Head Nod

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Living in the midwest I dont get to see as many games as most C's fans but I have to say that tonight's reffing sucked. It really did look like in the first half that they had an agenda. The sad thing is the C's were clearly the better team. I know that the NBA is a business but they should at least try to make it look like an unbiased sport. And, Stern can't fine me, or at least I dont think he can.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'm watching these games with an unbias roommate who grew up in Washington and has nothing riding on this series.   I'm hardly talking and he's screaming at the refs.  This series is turning him against the Cavs.   He made me rewind the KG-bodychecked-by-LeBron play 5 times... It certainly seems like the refs are giving the Cavs as much help as possible. 

Offline banty19

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 25
4th Quarter was classic Bavetta and friends. They cleared compromised the integrity of the game to make things more entertaining down the stretch.

I bleed Celtic green but the NBA is really starting to wear on me. I thought with Donaghy this stuff would be toned down. Let's hope the Celtics get the same kind of respect at home.

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
4th Quarter was classic Bavetta and friends. They cleared compromised the integrity of the game to make things more entertaining down the stretch.

I bleed Celtic green but the NBA is really starting to wear on me. I thought with Donaghy this stuff would be toned down. Let's hope the Celtics get the same kind of respect at home.

That's my dilemma. Officials clearly have an agenda. Is the agenda to get LeCrab Dribble to the finals? or Is the agenda to keep the game close for entertainment purposes? I used to be an NBA apologist, screw that now. 

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
From the ESPN recap of Game 2:

Rivers said he sent four plays from Game 1 into the league to be reviewed. He wouldn't say which ones. "I'm scared to tell you which ones because I may get fined for it," he said. "But they said I was right."

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3072
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
From the ESPN recap of Game 2:

Rivers said he sent four plays from Game 1 into the league to be reviewed. He wouldn't say which ones. "I'm scared to tell you which ones because I may get fined for it," he said. "But they said I was right."

4 plays, that is inane...... we should be up 2-0 in this series...ball facts dont lie!!
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Offline mzepol

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 56
Mike Brown's postgame tongue-lashing:

''They kicked our behind from the beginning and we did not fight back until late,'' Brown said. ''We've got to decide if we're going to take the fight to them and take these games. Not a [expletive] thing is going to be given to us at all in this series. We've got to come out and fight better than what we did tonight.''

Was he referring to the officiating?

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3233
Mike Brown's postgame tongue-lashing:

''They kicked our behind from the beginning and we did not fight back until late,'' Brown said. ''We've got to decide if we're going to take the fight to them and take these games. Not a [expletive] thing is going to be given to us at all in this series. We've got to come out and fight better than what we did tonight.''

Was he referring to the officiating?

They tried to give Mr Brown the game. Yes i think he wants more calls and more foul shots to miss. It's hard to give a team a game when they can't make foul shots. The Cavs missed 12 foul shots and probably would have won the game if they had made those shots.  They missed 12 and we shot 18.

Offline BBS

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 11
 Like I said in the other Fix tread SUPER STAR calls=corrupt NBA.