Author Topic: No Courage, No Retaliation>>>>NO HOPE  (Read 5518 times)

Re: No Courage, No Retaliation>>>>NO HOPE
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 12:04:33 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Rondo got fouled hard at least three times tonight. Not one Cav got fouled hard. That is unacceptable.

Who should have been hard fouled?

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2010, 12:05:15 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Rondo got fouled hard at least three times tonight. Not one Cav got fouled hard. That is unacceptable.

Mo Williams for one. Drove to the basket at least three times in the third quarter untouched.

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2010, 12:06:09 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Thought Baby fouled Lebron very well on that fast break. Hit his injured arm and didn't do it hard enough to get a flagrant, but hard enough to cause a missed shot.

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2010, 12:06:14 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

The queen should be nailed in the head or the elbow ::)

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2010, 12:06:53 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders

Mo Williams for one. Drove to the basket at least three times in the third quarter untouched.

Given the history of some of our players and the rep our team seems to have do you think that leads to an ejection?

I agree Mo would have been a good choice.

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2010, 12:09:29 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
We gotten into early foul trouble so it was probably not in our frame mind to commit any hard fouls on anyone down the stretch of a close game.

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2010, 12:18:35 AM »

Offline Ohio Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 18
  • GM - NYK
I for one vote for Sheed to hard foul LeBron. It's not like he's doing us any good on the court, a game or two with him gone could prove to be a blessing.
CB Draft - New York Knicks
PG: George Hill / Nate Robinson
SG: Dwyane Wade / Gerald Henderson / Christian Eyenga
SF:  Grant Hill / Paul George / Earl Clark
PF:  Kenyon Martin / Jordan Hill / (Earl Clark)
C:   Greg Oden / Kurt Thomas / Hilton Armstong

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2010, 12:20:26 AM »

Offline Spicoli

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I wouldn't mind sending Scal out there to give LeBron a stiff clothesline while he's in mid air.

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2010, 12:21:18 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I think any hard fouls on Lebron and the League will come after Boston big time. That's just the nature of what we are dealing with here.

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2010, 12:22:43 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
I think if Sheed, BBD, KG or Perkins hard fouled Williams we'd be in trouble let alone Lebron. We just have that kind of rep as a team.

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2010, 12:44:51 AM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
It is so easy to commit a hard foul without getting a T or ejected. If Rondo was getting hit, someone else should have gotten it on the Cavs. Very simple to take care of.d

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2010, 01:32:12 AM »

Offline butterbeanlove

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 191
No way. We can't afford to lose anybody else. Stern would banish us for life if we took a shot at the golden child.

We live to play another day. It's a seven-game series. No need to handicap ourselves even further.

They take one of those shots on Rondo in game 3 or 4, maybe a green ref calls a flagrant and it works in our favor.

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2010, 04:31:21 AM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
The thing here, though, is that If we retaliate, then I am sure that whoever does it gets tossed for a few games. We just have to play through this.

That is one of the things I miss about James Posey - the man had a sneaky way of retaliating..he would foul after the whistle..just do little things to get under the opponent's skin.

But Boy did KG look 2008-ish out there. We still have a shot, even after tonight.

TP Green. I was thinking the same thing about Posey.

And of course if any of the C's retaliate(btw, I really didn't think any of the hits on Rondo were dirty) they'll be suspended.

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2010, 04:35:59 AM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
This game was lost in the 2nd half when we could not get any bench production to "buy time" to rest our starters.

Our starters are the ones who use up the most energy or are the elder statesmen of the team.

If we get a productive bench we could could actually have fielded out a real team out there tonight.

Agreed, but every time we have a productive bench player, Danny lets him go or trades him >:(
 Our current bench is just awful. Baby tries hard but really isn't very good, TA has been fine, and now I'm straining my brain to think of anyone else.

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2010, 05:22:01 AM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
Where was Michael Finley in this game? We put Marquis in for a stretch, and he did nothing as usual. We could've put him in for the start of the fourth, a savy veteran that can still knock down the 3. Instead, we played our starters into the ground, and we were unable to close out the game as a result.
I think Pierce would've had a better fourth quarter had we rested him a bit more. Let Tony Allen scrap with Lebron for awhile, and Finley take some of the offensive load.