Author Topic: Glen Davis is Clutch  (Read 3636 times)

Re: Glen Davis is Clutch
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 12:00:41 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1820
Anyone has the vid where he jumps like a dolphin after a made basket? Forgot when it was.

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 12:30:42 PM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
He does have a bit of a clutch aspect about him.  I think in general its that he performs best when two things happen:

- There is a sense of urgency in the game and he is playing alongside the starters (therefore enabling him to be a role player)

- He gets consistent minutes.

In the next series I think Perkins will get his minutes back.  Miami doesn't have interior defense, which was one of the reasons Davis looked better than normal.  Perkins' defense will be key in the next series. 

One thing that Davis inherently does well is that when he attacks the hoop he pulls a "Wade".  By that I mean he makes contact that really isn't a foul on the defender, but he flails his arms, misses the shot, and often times falls to the floor.  The result?  Free throws!  Its kind of funny to watch, because his somewhat clumsiness is misinterpreted all the time by the refs as "he's being fouled."  Good to have that on our side lol.

Or it's you that's misinterpreting it.

Guess which one I think it is.

I don't think he's clumsy at all. I don't think I've ever seen a guy that big move his feet so well.  He's very agile and nimble for an almost 300lbs guy.  I don't think it's fair to dismiss his ability to draw fouls by saying that he's somewhat clumsy.  It's called skill.

I know he's agile, but he's also clumsy too.. how often does he end up on the ground (and I'm not talking about diving for plays)?  It's a lot.  Not a bad thing, just funny.  And I'm not trying to diminish his ability to get to the line.  But there are a handful of times that I didn't think he was fouled, much the same way Wade gets to the line.  I'm just glad we're the benefit of it lol.

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2010, 12:31:04 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Glen is like a Dancing Bear out there on the court - big but light on his feet.

Loved that Youtube vid of him dancing.

I also loved how Glen hit that Game Winner last year VS ORL in the Playoffs - then proceeds to almost run over that kid on the sidelines afterwards.

Get out of the way, Young Fella!! ;D

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2010, 12:42:08 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
As Kevin Mchale recently said,there are players that play great in the regular season only&those who can play better/great in the playoffs.I said it in another thread recently when asked what is BBD value to a team,and i have felt for awhile he is one of those guys that doesn't get rattled in big game situations.