Author Topic: Will Beasley be available this summer?  (Read 12491 times)

Re: Will Beasley be available this summer?
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2010, 09:20:55 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
I don't think it is a question of desire. I think it's understanding.

Beasley lacks understanding of how to effect a game outside of jacking up shots.

I would have no concerns about Beasley's effort, determination or work ethic. It's his intelligence that bothers me.

Yes, I agree with this.  I do think he has a general focus problem (which is what Rondo has as well), but more than anything, I think it is a matter of not knowing how he fits in.

I don't think playing in that system (or lack thereof) in Miami helps matters, but I think chances are this will always hold him back from truly reaching his potential (much like Tony Allen).

It's easy to forget how young he is too. How he went from everything on the court coming to him very easily to finally playing against superior competition...and not really dealing with it. Instead blowing his rookie money on weed and partying (as a 20 yr. old living in Miami)...so he never even had an offseason of training last year. He could easily turn it around

« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2010, 11:07:17 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I don't think it is a question of desire. I think it's understanding.

Beasley lacks understanding of how to effect a game outside of jacking up shots.

I would have no concerns about Beasley's effort, determination or work ethic. It's his intelligence that bothers me.

Yes, I agree with this.  I do think he has a general focus problem (which is what Rondo has as well), but more than anything, I think it is a matter of not knowing how he fits in.

I don't think playing in that system (or lack thereof) in Miami helps matters, but I think chances are this will always hold him back from truly reaching his potential (much like Tony Allen).

It's easy to forget how young he is too. How he went from everything on the court coming to him very easily to finally playing against superior competition...and not really dealing with it. Instead blowing his rookie money on weed and partying (as a 20 yr. old living in Miami)...so he never even had an offseason of training last year. He could easily turn it around

I remember hear this about Green all the time to.

« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2010, 11:15:07 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Again, having some inside knowledge of Beasley's situation, he's not stupid. He's a very intelligent kid with a good grasp of the game, quite unlike Gerald Green.

What he needs are veterans surrounding him to mentor him, to help him understand the pro game.

If he's out there available, it's a call Ainge absolutely has to make. He won't be easy or cheap to obtain, and he'll only be available if Wade stays. But what you see is definitely not the finished product with Michael Beasley.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2010, 11:17:39 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I would only be interested if it was some sort of three way sign and trade with Ray that brings back not only Beasley, but a younger good starting SG as well. 

Then, Beasley could come off the bench, learn from KG and extend KG's and Pierce's career.  (I would have Beasley play SF as well)