Author Topic: Who's tall white guy on the bench?  (Read 6976 times)

Who's tall white guy on the bench?
« on: April 24, 2010, 07:56:39 AM »

Offline nesnfsn

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Out of curiosity, who is the tall, white guy, with crew-cut type shaven head on the bench? He was wearing a grey jacket last night if I recall correctly. He appeared to be in great physical shape.

Is he a player? Asst. Coach? Trainer?

Never noticed him until last night's game, and he could regularly be seen celebrating with the team throughout the game.

Re: Who's tall white guy on the bench?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 08:07:37 AM »

Offline JBone4eva

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 17
I took him as the other new guy who missed the last game due to formalities with his physical Tony Gaffney, I may be wrong. I loved how he was pumped and goin crazy on the game winner like he had been on this team for years.

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 08:09:33 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
Yea, he's Tony Gaffney.
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 09:16:49 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Yeah kind of funny that Gaffney gets a ring if we win it all and he didn't play a game for us.  Hopefully they give him a chance during the summer though.  Be nice to see the UMass product get some love.
do it

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 12:22:30 PM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218
Since he signed a contract with the for the rest of the regular season and playoffs, why is he in street clothes? Is he injured? The team just signed him like two weeks ago.

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 12:23:27 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Since he signed a contract with the for the rest of the regular season and playoffs, why is he in street clothes? Is he injured? The team just signed him like two weeks ago.

The team can only have 12 players dressed / on the active roster every night.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 12:23:57 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170

There's no room for him on the active roster.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 12:36:28 PM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown

Duh, didn't even occur to me  ::)

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 12:51:23 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

And because he isn't good yet.

imagine if he were to get a ring having never played in a game for us and after only being on the team for 2 months? Lucky if that happens. He also has great seats at all the games.

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 03:02:37 PM »

Offline Greeny

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
  • LETS DO IT AGAIN!
Gaffney from UMASS
Previously was with the Lakers, and broke his foot.

His first game was at the last game vrs the Bucks.
--Still not dressed--

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 03:04:04 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1820
Are we talking about Scal? I guess he lost his tan.

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 07:13:22 PM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
imagine if he were to get a ring having never played in a game for us and after only being on the team for 2 months? Lucky if that happens. He also has great seats at all the games.

Great seats indeed, and if he had a bowl of popcorn (like Bill below) he'd be all set!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REo4WDmh8pw

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 08:14:12 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
Well, Kevin McHale once ate pizza during a game in Denver, back when the Nuggets decided to play no defense at all and try to score 160 a game... :)
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010, 09:25:09 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1708
Well, Kevin McHale once ate pizza during a game in Denver, back when the Nuggets decided to play no defense at all and try to score 160 a game... :)

That hasn't changed much...

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 12:45:21 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
I took him as the other new guy who missed the last game due to formalities with his physical Tony Gaffney, I may be wrong. I loved how he was pumped and goin crazy on the game winner like he had been on this team for years.

The reason why he is going crazy on the bench is that he's a local kid.  He grew up in my little town of Berkley MA and he's living the dream of being a Celtic.  I talked to his father on Saturday and Tony is jacked to be on the team.  He seems like a really good kid.  He's been at the local school to watch his sister's basketball games and he always signs autographs for the kids.  I hope he recovers from his foot injury and makes the team next year.  He's an athletic 6'8" forward who can defend.  Plus, my son is looking forward to getting a Celtics Gaffney jersey.         
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.