Author Topic: TNT Broadcasting  (Read 2648 times)

TNT Broadcasting
« on: April 20, 2010, 10:29:53 PM »

Offline guachi

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
ohhh men wth!!! who told this guys i dont wanna see the heat bean blown!!, this is really unfear, they would not do this if it was Cleveland blowing chicago. Really !! im so angry
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 10:43:01 PM by Roy Hobbs »

Re: Broadcasting BS
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 10:34:35 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Yeah, this is bogus. I understand the idea of switching for a more interesting game but come on... I pay for League Pass and I can't watch the end of the Celtics game because TNT has switched on the Blazers/Suns game and yet I have another LP link for the Suns game so I just can't watch the Celtics game end. Lame.

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 10:35:47 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'm actually okay with. As a Celtics fan it sucks, but TNT is serving a national audience. In general I prefer the networks to switch to the best game on at the time.

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 10:37:18 PM »

Offline MaxwellSmart86

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 144
the Phoenix game is on NBATV---and they TURN off our game......SOMEBODY needs to get FIRED for this-!!

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 10:44:07 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I'm actually okay with. As a Celtics fan it sucks, but TNT is serving a national audience. In general I prefer the networks to switch to the best game on at the time.

the funny thing is that they haven't switched to the best game, they are just taking a break like there is no game atm and they show Kobe taking warm-up shots... this is disrespectful for Celtics' and Heat's fans, honestly!!
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

Re: TNT Broadcasting
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 11:03:44 PM »

Offline openairmovie

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 58
Lets be honest...Barkley was pushing for that...you heard him when they did it      he and the majority of the TNT guys cant stand to say good things about Boston, thats the only reason I kept that on instead of CSN, just to hear them have to cringe to give positives to Boston...it was great

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 11:19:46 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Lets be honest...Barkley was pushing for that...you heard him when they did it      he and the majority of the TNT guys cant stand to say good things about Boston, thats the only reason I kept that on instead of CSN, just to hear them have to cringe to give positives to Boston...it was great

Barkley is a lot of fun, but I can't wait to see his face when the Celtics are giving the Cavs everything they have!!

Lets keep making them uncomfortable when we pound Miami into the sand!!

Go Celtics!!

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 11:21:27 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
They should have done a split screen, giving us the audio for the Port/Phoe game, but also allow us to watch the C's game.  I would have pulled up a chair right in front of the TV...LOL!!

I guess for all those viewers who are not fans of either team, I could understand their reasoning.  However, you've got the Lakers & Durant following, so it's not like people weren't going to have a reason to stick around (if they are basketball fans).
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 11:48:37 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
You know, if they went full bore to the Phoenix/Portland game and actually had the Portland/Phoenix play by play guy and color guy announcing the game, I would have been all right with it. But to switch away from the Celtics/heat to the Suns/Blazers and then listen to 20 minutes of Charles, kenny and company just talking crap while watching the Phoenix/Portland feed was just turrable!!!Just TURRABLE!!

Leave one game, go to the next. Let me hear the announcers and watch the game. But what TNT did was disgraceful. It just seemed like they just didn't want to show a team without any current major marketable stars beating the ever living daylights out of one of the BIGGEST current major marketable stars the league has right now.

I know it's been said elsewhere but if LeBron was putting a beating down on another team or Kobe was or even if Wade was beating the Celtics down by 30, would TNThave left or would they have hinged their entire broadcast around every dribble, shot, block assist and stat they could find, promoting said major marketable star?

I for one think they wouldn't have switch and would have been promoting Wade or Kobe or LeBron to the utmost doing everything they could to get you to watch the next Kobe, Wade or Lebron game. They are always going to switch in the 4th quarter when one of those guys are getting killed late in a game because it decreases the invincibility factor they build into these guys marketing and promotion.

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 11:52:17 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1820
You know, if they went full bore to the Phoenix/Portland game and actually had the Portland/Phoenix play by play guy and color guy announcing the game, I would have been all right with it. But to switch away from the Celtics/heat to the Suns/Blazers and then listen to 20 minutes of Charles, kenny and company just talking crap while watching the Phoenix/Portland feed was just turrable!!!Just TURRABLE!!

Leave one game, go to the next. Let me hear the announcers and watch the game. But what TNT did was disgraceful. It just seemed like they just didn't want to show a team without any current major marketable stars beating the ever living daylights out of one of the BIGGEST current major marketable stars the league has right now.

I know it's been said elsewhere but if LeBron was putting a beating down on another team or Kobe was or even if Wade was beating the Celtics down by 30, would TNThave left or would they have hinged their entire broadcast around every dribble, shot, block assist and stat they could find, promoting said major marketable star?

I for one think they wouldn't have switch and would have been promoting Wade or Kobe or LeBron to the utmost doing everything they could to get you to watch the next Kobe, Wade or Lebron game. They are always going to switch in the 4th quarter when one of those guys are getting killed late in a game because it decreases the invincibility factor they build into these guys marketing and promotion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbkyDRl0-TA

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 11:58:56 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I hated it on one level, but on another level it allowed me to watch Justified. Justified is awesome.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 11:59:43 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Total BS.

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 12:00:33 AM »

Offline tb727

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Yes this was totally unfair.  Please take a moment to complain to Turner Sports like I did:

http://www.celticslife.com/2010/04/please-complain-to-tnt.html

Jay Wingspan Bilas

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 12:01:56 AM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1268
The suns are handing it to portland right now...maybe nba tv could switch to the lakers-thunder game? That would surely be more fun to watch.

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 12:07:28 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I live in Canada. We get all the play-off games on the various sports channels. I didn't need them to do this,I could watch the Suns/Blazers on another channel. Total Bull. Anybody got an email for TNT (Not that the NBA got back about the non Miami suspensions).