Author Topic: Another Quality Effort from Your Boston Celtics  (Read 4561 times)

Re: Another Quality Effort from Your Boston Celtics
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2010, 05:25:40 PM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
Wow,

Tough crowd here!
You guys do realize that the game meant nothing, don't you?
And no, I'm not a total moron, I know they've been awful for much of the season. Most of that is because of injuries IMO.
Last night was because of lack of effort and it was ugly, but overall, they've been playing somewhat better the last few weeks.
Anyway, TA must be in the starting lineup next season, and Scal should be sixth man ;D

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2010, 06:10:25 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
Wow,

Tough crowd here!
You guys do realize that the game meant nothing, don't you?
And no, I'm not a total moron, I know they've been awful for much of the season. Most of that is because of injuries IMO.
Last night was because of lack of effort and it was ugly, but overall, they've been playing somewhat better the last few weeks.
Anyway, TA must be in the starting lineup next season, and Scal should be sixth man ;D

For a team that is struggling to find their way, and it's a fact that is WELL DOCUMENTED, there is no such thing as a game that "meant nothing."

Because if it "meant nothing" then KG wouldn't worry about the fans, nor would Pierce have commented on it.  If it "meant nothing" then you just go on, and tell the writer that "it's no big deal...we're fine - this game really meant nothing."

If the starters would have played sparingly and Doc would clarify that the goal is to just get everyone healthy and let the bench get some meaningful minutes, then I'd agree with you. 

But that's not the case with this team...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2010, 06:13:25 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2010, 06:14:08 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
At least when they get bounced, it won't feel so bad bceause it's expected. Kind of like knowing someone who's sick and mourning their death while they're still alive.

Good analogy.

We're done in the second round.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2010, 08:41:11 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
At least when they get bounced, it won't feel so bad bceause it's expected. Kind of like knowing someone who's sick and mourning their death while they're still alive.

Good analogy.

We're done in the second round.

One round at a time...  The way this team is playing, there's no guarantee the FIRST is a given.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."