Author Topic: PAPOUG Playoffs  (Read 544839 times)

Re: PAPOUG Playoffs
« Reply #570 on: April 19, 2011, 02:54:49 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Misha and MGent - don't forget to get your picks in on time today ... first game is at 7PM. :)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #571 on: April 19, 2011, 10:10:21 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Does Dark_Lord know he made a duplicate pick? That's a shame ... well, Matt and I messed up in Game 1, too, if it makes you feel better ... guess it kind of evens out for you guys. ;)

i know i picked elton brand for a second game.  why, thats not allowed?  i didnt see anywhere saying i couldnt pick him again. rules for the playoffs should be clearly marked imo.

« Reply #572 on: April 19, 2011, 10:21:12 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3774
  • Yup
Does Dark_Lord know he made a duplicate pick? That's a shame ... well, Matt and I messed up in Game 1, too, if it makes you feel better ... guess it kind of evens out for you guys. ;)

i know i picked elton brand for a second game.  why, thats not allowed?  i didnt see anywhere saying i couldnt pick him again. rules for the playoffs should be clearly marked imo.

rules are in the OP

The rules for the Playoffs are a bit different so please read through this. 

Each player may pick ONLY from the team he is assigned to and may only choose a player once per series.

Picks are due by the scheduled start of YOUR game.

Player averages will be based on regular season numbers (a player must have played a minimum of 10 regular season games).  You pick for each game until either one person has clinched the series or the NBA series has ended.

If a player picked has a DNP he will be assigned the lesser of -5 or 5 points worse than the opponents picks.

Whoever is ahead at the end of the NBA series advances.  If there is a tie (which will be possible), we will revert to net points for the series.  If there is still a tie, we will do the averages to extra decimals as necessary.

Before the series starts the Higher Seeded player gets to pick from the two teams he/she is slotted into for each round.

We will re-seed after each round.  Players keep their original seed #'s and are matched up accordingly by Conference with the remaining NBA teams' ranks.
Yup

« Reply #573 on: April 19, 2011, 10:25:15 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

i know i picked elton brand for a second game.  why, thats not allowed?  i didnt see anywhere saying i couldnt pick him again. rules for the playoffs should be clearly marked imo.

rules are in the OP

Each player may pick ONLY from the team he is assigned to and may only choose a player once per series.

Player averages will be based on regular season numbers (a player must have played a minimum of 10 regular season games).  You pick for each game until either one person has clinched the series or the NBA series has ended.

If a player picked has a DNP he will be assigned the lesser of -5 or 5 points worse than the opponents picks.

Whoever is ahead at the end of the NBA series advances.  If there is a tie (which will be possible), we will revert to net points for the series.  If there is still a tie, we will do the averages to extra decimals as necessary.

Before the series starts the Higher Seeded player gets to pick from the two teams he/she is slotted into for each round.

We will re-seed after each round.  Players keep their original seed #'s and are matched up accordingly by Conference with the remaining NBA teams' ranks.

i didnt realize the same format from 2010 was applicable this year.  i wish someone would have said something, since i listed my pick a day and a half b4 the game was played.  oh well :-\

« Reply #574 on: April 19, 2011, 10:29:42 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3774
  • Yup

rules are in the OP

Player averages will be based on regular season numbers (a player must have played a minimum of 10 regular season games).  You pick for each game until either one person has clinched the series or the NBA series has ended.

Whoever is ahead at the end of the NBA series advances.  If there is a tie (which will be possible), we will revert to net points for the series.  If there is still a tie, we will do the averages to extra decimals as necessary.

We will re-seed after each round.  Players keep their original seed #'s and are matched up accordingly by Conference with the remaining NBA teams' ranks.

i didnt realize the same format from 2010 was applicable this year.  i wish someone would have said something, since i listed my pick a day and a half b4 the game was played.  oh well :-\

the only thing we changed was the seeding system...i've been away (still am, so I haven't had much time to dedicate to the process).
Yup

« Reply #575 on: April 19, 2011, 01:17:50 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

rules are in the OP

Sorry dude!  I saw your pick yesterday afternoon and was gonna tell you but I ended up leaving my house and didn't get back until the game had already started.  Don't feel too bad, I probably would have won my series last year if I didn't miss 2 or 3 picks being on vacation.  You've still got plenty of time to take the lead back.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #576 on: April 19, 2011, 01:51:15 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
thx mgent, no worries.

game 3- thaddeus young-76ers, 12.7

« Reply #577 on: April 19, 2011, 03:29:46 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Dark_Lord: I sincerely apologize ... I should have noticed and alerted you, but I just plain didn't see it until I got back on that night. I would never just ignore something like that intentionally, or not try and remedy the situation if I had spotted it on time ... I feel really bad, man.

Maybe somebody else should take this over ... this is the second mistake I've been called on, and I missed getting my own first pick in due to a family emergency and working two shifts. I didn't get to see game 1 of the playoffs live, either. MattG12 had a late pick as well that I didn't spot in time, and I apologize for that also.

I'm doing my best with the time i have, but maybe I should've asked Kwhit to do it or something. Again, I apologize ... I will try not to make more mistakes, but PLEASE people, check your picks and results, and be aware of the rules ... I am far from perfect and not in the best state of mind right now. I am truly very sorry, DL.

Everyone: There's a link to the Playoff Rules at the bottom of the Daily Results page, and it's been there all year, so please familiarize yourself with them if you haven't already. Thank you.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #578 on: April 19, 2011, 05:21:18 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
Rajon Rondo: 10.6.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #579 on: April 19, 2011, 05:41:21 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
Knickerbockers, Toney Douglas:  10.6

Here's hoping Chauncey doesn't play.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 06:11:30 PM by mgent »
Philly:

« Reply #580 on: April 19, 2011, 05:56:36 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

2011 PAPOUG Playoffs

_____________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EAST

1  -  Bahku  /  IND     vs     16  -  The Walker Wiggle  /  CHI     (NBA: Chicago leads Indiana 2/0)

Game 1 - Sat  4/16  Final

IND - No Pick: -6.7/-5.0  (0/1)
     CHI - Joakim Noah: 11.7/10 = -1.7/+5.0  (1/0)

Game 2 - Mon  4/18  Final

IND - Tyler Hansbrough: 11.0/6 = -5.0/-4.5  //  -11.7/-9.5  (0/2)
     CHI - Carlos Boozer: 17.5/17 = -0.5/+4.5  //  -2.2/+9.5  (2/0)

Game 3 - Thu  4/21  700P

IND -
     CHI -

Game 4 - Sat  4/23  230P

Game 5 - Tue  4/26  TBD

Game 6 - Thu  4/28  TBD

Game 7 - Sat  4/30  TBD

8  -  Outcry  /  ORL     vs     9  -  Redz  /  ATL     (NBA: series tied 1-1)

ORL - Jameer Nelson: 13.1/27 = +13.9/+7.1  (1/0)
     ATL - Joe Johnson: 18.2/25 = +6.8/-7.1  (0/1)

Game 2 Final

ORL - Dwight Howard: 22.5 / 33 = +10.5 / +17.6  (2/0)[/b]
     ATL - Josh Smith: 16.5 / 17 = +0.5 / +7.3  (0/2)

Game 3 - Fri  4/22  800P

ORL -
     ATL -

Game 4 - Sun  4/24  700P

Game 5 - Tue  4/26  TBD

Game 6 - Thu  4/28  TBD

Game 7 - Sat  4/30  TBD

4  -  MattG12  /  MIA     vs     13  -  Dark_Lord  /  PHI     (NBA: Miami leads Philadelphia 2/0)

MIA - Late Pick = -3.0/-5.0  (0/1)
     PHI - Elton Brand: 15.0/17 = +2.0/+5.0  (1/0)

Game 2 - Mon  4/18  Final

MIA - Chris Bosh: 18.7/21 = +2.3/+5.0  //  -0.7/Even  (1/1)
     PHI - Duplicate Pick: -2.7/-5.0  //  -0.7/Even  (1/1)

Game 3 - Thu  4/21  800P

MIA -
     PHI - Thaddeus Young: 12.7

Game 4 - Sun  4/24  100P

Game 5 - Wed  4/27  TBD

Game 6 - Fri  4/29  TBD

Game 7 - Sun  5/01  TBD

5  -  Misha  /  BOS     vs     12  -  MGent  /  NYK  (NBA: Boston leads New York 2/0)

Game 1 - Sun  4/17  Final

BOS - Paul "The Truth" Pierce: 18.9/18 = -0.8/-3.5  (0/1)
     NYK - Amar'e Stoudemire: 25.3/28 = +2.7/+3.5  (1/0)

Game 2 - Tue  4/19  Final

BOS - Rajon Rondo: 10.6 / 30 = +13.4 / +12.6  (1/1)
     NYK - Toney Douglas: 10.6 / 14 = +3.4 / +6.9  (1/1)

Game 3 - Fri  4/22  700P

BOS -
     NYM -

Game 4 - Sun  4/24  330P

Game 5 - Tue  4/26  TBD

Game 6 - Fri  4/26  TBD

Game 7 - Sun  5/01  TBD

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

WEST

2  -  Kwhit10  /  MEM     vs     15  -  GreenBean  /  SAS  (NBA: Memphis leads San Antonio 1/0)

MEM - Tony Allen: 8.9/7 = -1.9/-5.3  (0/1)
     SAS - George Hill: 11.6/15 = +3.4/+5.3  (1/0)

Game 2 - Wed  4/20  830P  NBA-TV

MEM -
     SAS -

Game 3 - Sat  4/23  730P

Game 4 - Mon  4/25  TBD

Game 5 - Wed  4/27  TBD

Game 6 - Fri  4/29  TBD

Game 7 - Sun  5/01  TBD

7  -  ZeroPhase  /  DEN     vs     10  -  BDM860  /  OKC  (NBA: OKC leads Denver 1/0)

DEN - Ty Lawson: 11.7/10 = -1.7/-15.7  (0/1)
     OKC - Kevin Durant: 27.7/41 = +14.0/+15.7  (1/0)

Game 2 - Wed  4/20  800P  TNT

DEN -
     OKC -

Game 3 - Sat  4/23  1000P

Game 4 - Mon  4/25  1030P

Game 5 - Wed  4/27  TBD

Game 6 - Fri  4/29  TBD

Game 7 - Sun  5/01  TBD

3  -  GreenFaith1819  /  NOH     vs     14  -  Edgar  /  LAL  (NBA: New Orleans leads Los Angeles 1/0)

NOH - Emeka Okafor: 10.3/4 = -6.3/-1.9  (0/1)
     LAL - Lamar Odom: 14.4/10 = -4.4/+1.9  (1/0)

Game 2 - Wed  4/20  1030P  TNT

NOH -
     LAL - Kobe Bryant: 25.3

Game 3 - Fri  4/22  930P

Game 4 - Sun  4/24  930P

Game 5 - Tue  4/26  TBD

Game 6 - Thu  4/28  TBD

Game 7 - Sat  4/30  TBD

6  -  RebusRankin  /  DAL     vs     11  -  ACF  /  POR     (NBA: Dallas leads Portland 1/0)

DAL - Jason Kidd: 7.9/24 = +16.1/+10.8  (1/0)
     POR - Andre Miller: 12.7/18 = +5.3/-10.8  (0/1)

Game 2 - Tue  4/19  930P  TNT

DAL - Peja Stojakovic: 8.5
     POR - Nicolas Batum: 12.4

Game 3 - Thu  4/21  1030P

Game 4 - Sat  4/23  500P

Game 5 - Mon  4/25  TBD

Game 6 - Thu  4/28  TBD

Game 7 - Sat  4/30  TBD

_________________________________________________________________________________________

** Leaders are marked in red, ties are marked in purple - in case of a tie, the total points difference decides the winner. Missing your pick will result in a score five points less than that of your opponent's. **

« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 11:43:39 PM by Bahku »

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #581 on: April 19, 2011, 06:06:44 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Dark_Lord: I sincerely apologize ... I should have noticed and alerted you, but I just plain didn't see it until I got back on that night. I would never just ignore something like that intentionally, or not try and remedy the situation if I had spotted it on time ... I feel really bad, man.

I'm sure I speak on behalf of the Dark One (and everyone else, too) when I say: "Don't sweat it". We all missed dark_lord's duplicate. Like you say, people should check their picks twice to make sure everything's cool. I know I'll keep an eye out for it henceforth. Also that crap about not doing a good job of this?! Get that (bleep) out of here! You're the man for the job. So, yeah, don't sweat it, bro.

« Reply #582 on: April 19, 2011, 06:10:43 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
All my picks should be in pink huh?  I forgot about that.
Philly:

« Reply #583 on: April 19, 2011, 06:17:46 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
All my picks should be in pink huh?  I forgot about that.

I personally think it's too hard to read, but I'll do it if you'd like. ;)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #584 on: April 19, 2011, 06:21:18 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Anybody want to play?

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=24324.msg978545;topicseen#new

We won't even have to do it for TPs, just do it for the heck of it.