Author Topic: The Argue About Nothing Thread  (Read 51143 times)

Re: The Argue About Nothing Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2010, 03:27:50 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE

« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2010, 03:46:07 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

lol that was excellent... TP!

You should check them out if you don't know them (very well). They are still miles and miles ahead of so many other comedians and their jokes are really timeless.

« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2010, 03:52:23 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • PEACE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

lol that was excellent... TP!

You should check them out if you don't know them (very well). They are still miles and miles ahead of so many other comedians and their jokes are really timeless.

Well I own Monty Python and the Holy Grail... but other than that I've never really seen anything from them. I'll definitely keep an eye out for more though.

« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2010, 04:00:33 PM »

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
Thanks for taking my advice FWF!
Too bad I was too lazy to start this thread myself.
A big TP for you!  ;D

Thanks, TP back for the inspiration.

I'll start with the age-old debate: what is the proper way to hang toilet paper?  You see, some people - we'll call them "Patriots" - have made the intelligent and moral decision to hang their toilet paper so that it dispenses over the roll.  Others - we'll call them "DIRTY HEATHEN COMMIES" - have chosen to give in to stupidity and vice and defy God's law by hanging their toilet paper so it dispenses un**r the roll (obscene term partially censored in case children are viewing).   Here is a wee illustration:

I submit to you that these "un**r-lovers" are EVIL and UNNATURAL, and wish to tear our society apart from the bottom up!  If we allow these traitors in our midst to continue their abominable practices, what next?  Mayhem in the streets, dogs lying down with cats, and unadulterated anarchy is what!  This is the thin end of the wedge, people, and if we don't take a stand now, someday we'll sit back with our grandkids and tell them melancholy tales of how the world was once free. 

Disagree with me?  Well, BRING IT!

The whole premise of your argument is faulty and stems from a narrow-minded view of the world.  If you pulled your head out long enough to apply some logic (which is, apparently, asking too much)you would realize that OVER or UNDER is not the issue.

The only correct American way to hang the paper is perpendicular to the wall...not parallel like some Euro-pansy or Canadian.

The only question then is whether the paper should unroll toward you or away from you.  The answer to that should be painfully obvious to any right-thinking person, and I am not about to enter into that discussion with the likes of YOU!!!

Ooh, you are just SO EDGY, aren't you??  With your high-falutin outside-the-box paper placement?  You stick your nose any higher in the air and you'll drown the next time it rains.  And that is SCIENCE FACT.

As far as your ludicrous TP positioning, you may think you're above it all, but you're JUST AS BAD as the people you claim to despise.  When you hang your toilet paper perpendicularly, where does the last bit on the edge of the roll go?  Well, if I remember my chemistry, gravity is gonna pull that little guy DOWN.  And sooner or later, where does it end up?  Smack in that sinful little valley we call un**r the roll!!!  Deny it all you want, but you are one of THEM, hiding in plain sight!!  QED WHAT

Just the sort of response I'd expect from a parallel-hanging over-roller.  The thing that amazes me most is that you even use toilet paper, since your family is barely two generations into walking upright.

Why don't you stick to talking about things you understand, like ...uhhh...nothing.

Oh helloooo Mr Ad Hominem!  For your information, my grandfather walked upright just fine, and my great-grandfather was known on several occasions to shamble quite bipedally toward sudden changes in light.  Perhaps you'd have more time to craft pathetic "put-DOWNs" (get it???) if you weren't whiling your life away in the bathroom, presumably sporting a top hat and extended pinky, wasting the SECONDS and SECONDS that are every un**r-hanger's cruel and constant reminder that reality does not bow to perversion.

And I see you've said NOTHING to deny your status as a dirty un**r-lover, which just shows that on some level you know it to be true.  It's just a shame you're so deep in the linen closet that you can't see it yourself. 

Ad Hominem, huh?  I'll have you know I am straight!

And the fact that I spend as much time in the bathroom as I do just makes me more qualified than you to render judgment in these areas. My experience and seniority, as well as my status as a loyal American trump your weak assertions of the propriety of your position.

All that aside, perhaps we can agree on one thing.

MattG12 and Redz are the personification of evil with their advocacy of putting the paper on the floor.  Why?  It should be obvious.

In complete violation of the spirit of the thread, I must admit a grudging respect for you, Sir, although I will NEVER respect your choice.  I consider myself a moderate and believe un**r-hangers should have the right to practice their abomination in the privacy of their own home, provided they have no children and do not attempt to mingle with their betters.  TP for a spirited and utterly pointless debate.

And I agree with you that Matt and Redz are both worse than Hitler.

And a TP to you as well, even though there is not a chance that you will hang it properly, so to speak.
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2010, 04:23:48 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Coke or Pepsi
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2010, 04:37:38 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2010, 04:59:08 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • PEACE
Coke or Pepsi

Roy you are wrong!  >:(

Pepsi has 41 grams of sugar and coke has 39...
therefore, my very simplistic science experiment tells us that coke > pepsi!

« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2010, 05:37:52 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Blonde vs. Brunette vs. Redhead

Discuss

P.S.  Yes, I left "All of the Above" out for a reason.

« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2010, 05:40:37 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Discuss

P.S.  Yes, I left all of the above out for a reason.

I'm sorry but I have to object on the grounds that this is anything but trivial  ;D

« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2010, 06:31:19 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach

Discuss

P.S.  Yes, I left all of the above out for a reason.

I'm sorry but I have to object on the grounds that this is anything but trivial  ;D

I would second his objection, but for the sake of argument. I digress...
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2010, 06:58:00 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2673
  • bammokja
unbelievable that this thread even exists. what is the point of arguing when there is nothing to argue about?

oh, do we have to pay for this argument??

enjoy... or not....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teMlv3ripSM

dang. AFC beat me to it...or maybe he didnt.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2010, 09:57:16 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
hot dogs or hamburgers?
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2010, 10:09:06 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3780
  • Yup
Yup

« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2010, 10:21:25 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2673
  • bammokja
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2010, 10:22:30 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5351
  • Thumper of the BASS!
big juicy greasy double wit bacon grilled onions lettuce and tomato...burger!!!