Author Topic: Stop Panicking Already!!!  (Read 3451 times)

Stop Panicking Already!!!
« on: February 27, 2010, 07:37:35 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Observing the C's Weak Points...

Athleticism: Can't jump, can't rebound, can't finish, lacks speed n' quickness, and don't box out.

Point Guards: Opposing team's point guards kill the Celtics. Especially if the point has quickness and a willingness to score/shoot (devin harris/derrick rose/darren collinson etc... to name a few

Pick n' Rolls: The C's absolutely can not play teams that favor pick n' rolling. They have yet to figure out how to defend that strategy.

Bottom line is... This roster needs help! The upside of it all, is that Danny has time to add the necessary pieces. This roster can not and will not get far in the playoffs. I'm seeing a 1st round exit of 1-4 since they can't play home games well.

All n' All I wouldn't hit the panic button just yet. Newly acquried Nate Robinson is still trying to fell his way on this team, Pierce is still hurt and has been hurt, K.G. is starting to find his health n' game once again, and Marquis is healthy and working himself back game by game. There is a lot of work to be done, i'm almost certain before playoffs if healthy the C's will get back on track. Expect more disastrous losses (like losing the Nets) to come as the C's figure things out. God Bless The Celtic and their Fans  ;D

Re: Stop Panicking Already!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 07:42:56 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I'm not panicking. I knew it wouldn't last and I'm ready for them to start trying to rebuild. I'm happy we had our run. Now as much as I love the Celtics I'll say that this team is done as far as winning it all. Too many teams are flat out better than us now.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 07:51:11 PM »

Offline fanofgreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
Observing the C's Weak Points...

Athleticism: Can't jump, can't rebound, can't finish, lacks speed n' quickness, and don't box out.

Point Guards: Opposing team's point guards kill the Celtics. Especially if the point has quickness and a willingness to score/shoot (devin harris/derrick rose/darren collinson etc... to name a few

Pick n' Rolls: The C's absolutely can not play teams that favor pick n' rolling. They have yet to figure out how to defend that strategy.

Bottom line is... This roster needs help! The upside of it all, is that Danny has time to add the necessary pieces. This roster can not and will not get far in the playoffs. I'm seeing a 1st round exit of 1-4 since they can't play home games well.

All n' All I wouldn't hit the panic button just yet. Newly acquried Nate Robinson is still trying to fell his way on this team, Pierce is still hurt and has been hurt, K.G. is starting to find his health n' game once again, and Marquis is healthy and working himself back game by game. There is a lot of work to be done, i'm almost certain before playoffs if healthy the C's will get back on track. Expect more disastrous losses (like losing the Nets) to come as the C's figure things out. God Bless The Celtic and their Fans  ;D

you say, "There is a lot of work to be done, I'm almost certain before playoffs if healthy the C's will get back on track."

Its practically March of 2010

How much time will it take to get this work done? They've had since Christmas of 2009?

Playoffs start in April of 2010

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 07:51:33 PM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1
I'm not panicking

But that's mostly because when they lost to New Orleans before the All-Star break I lower my expectations greatly and thought if they make it into the playoffs healthy anything is possible but I am expecting to be watching someone besides the Celtics in late May and June

So the reality check slap in the face that is losing to possibly the worst team in NBA history doesn't sting as much for me as some

But, I'm saying it now for all to read, the Atlantic division title is no gimme and neither is even making the playoffs after watching what I've been seeing recently

The Celtics are 8 1/2 games out of 1st in the conference
The Celtics are 8 games out of being in the lottery

Starting March 14th they then play the following 12 opponents

Cleveland
Detroit
New York
Houston
Dallas
Utah
Denver
Sacramento
San Antonio
Oklahoma City
Houston
Cleveland

Given the way they are playing is 2-10 a fair expectation of that 12 game stretch

I think it is

Pick 2 Knicks

PG: George Hill, Ty Lawson
SG: Ray Allen, Anthony Parker, Quentin Richardson
SF: Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, D
PF: Zach Randolph, Kenyon Martin, Jon Brockman, Dante Cunningham
C:  Nene Hilario,   Own rights: Nikola Pekovic IR: Kyle Weaver

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 08:06:27 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
 ;D Be Optimistic!!!
Cleveland WIN
Detroit WIN
New York WIN
Houston WIN
Dallas WIN
Utah WIN
Denver WIN
Sacramento WIN
San Antonio WIN
Oklahoma City WIN
Houston WIN
Cleveland WIN

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 08:07:47 PM »

Offline tb727

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
This team can't rebound, can't shoot free throws, and turns the ball over way too much.  I think those are things to panic about.  

Today was the most embarrassing loss for the Celtics in the 22 years I've been a fan.  It may be the worst loss in franchise history.  That's quite the statement.
Jay Wingspan Bilas

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 08:24:10 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3779
  • Yup
This team can't rebound, can't shoot free throws, and turns the ball over way too much.  I think those are things to panic about.  

Today was the most embarrassing loss for the Celtics in the 22 years I've been a fan.  It may be the worst loss in franchise history.  That's quite the statement.

Getting crushed on their home court in Game 7's vs Indiana and Orlando, especially the Indy one, were more embarrassing.
Yup

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 09:22:21 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
No panic here. Danny made the trade, they won the championship, and now it is time to start rebuilding. It may take awhile, but if done right, watching rebuilding teams can be fun. More fun than watching totally underachieving teams like this one.

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 10:11:24 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Yeah, not time to panic, but the team has some serious issues they need to address. The losing this season has caused me (and everyone else here) some concerns..

I'm still not counting us out until someone beats us in a Seven Game Series, but at the Very Least the team needs to start building some momentum going into March..

I'll always be a LifeLong Celtics Fan, but if we are losing like this in say a month from now then, it's not good.

Turning it on and off is one thing, but Momentum needs to start soon...run off some winning streaks, get into a groove.

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 10:29:37 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
"When the going gets tough the tough gets going"...the core members(starters)have a mental toughness they've shown in the past that will be regained again very shortly. 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 10:35:40 PM by housecall »

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2010, 10:32:08 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Panic about what? This team's chances were toast long before they lost to the Nets.

Teams would line up to play the Cs in the post-season. "Can we play a bad rebounding team that abandons any offensive or defensive continuity throughout the game out of laziness or disinterest? Can we play a team that spends their concentration on refs, not the opposition? Can we play a team that turns the ball over FAR more than we do? Can we play a team that can't even jump?"

Put yourself in the shoes of these better teams. The Cs are the lowest hanging fruit in the EC right now. No one fears them in any way.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2010, 10:35:12 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.

Getting crushed on their home court in Game 7's vs Indiana and Orlando, especially the Indy one, were more embarrassing.

I don't know, Redz...  I'd say game 5, 1990 playoffs, losing at home to the Knicks.  That team was in such disarray it wasn't even funny.

I'm not sure if these guys today believe that putting on a Celtics jersey means a whole lot to them.  THAT is what bothers me...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2010, 11:08:36 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3779
  • Yup

I don't know, Redz...  I'd say game 5, 1990 playoffs, losing at home to the Knicks.  That team was in such disarray it wasn't even funny.

I'm not sure if these guys today believe that putting on a Celtics jersey means a whole lot to them.  THAT is what bothers me...

yeh, that one was brutal and depressing too because I was in serious denial about Larry Bird's basketball mortality (and the Celts had beaten the Knicks by close to 50 one game that series if memory serves.

Yup

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2010, 11:21:45 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
Just finished watching the Memphis VS. Knicks game, and thought to myself that if Zach Randolph could plY like that why can't kg, sheed, perk or Davis. Zach lacks height, speed, quickness and leaping ability but is able to drop 31 points and grabb 25 rebounds!!!! Wth? I'm guessing this team lacks hustle which was brouht be Leon Powe.

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2010, 12:21:51 AM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
I find it very funny that you are telling people not to panic with three exclamation points hahahahaha...
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.