Author Topic: List of possible buyout candidates?  (Read 8414 times)

Re: List of possible buyout canidates?
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2010, 12:57:25 PM »

Offline sk7326

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 24
Raja Bell would be someone id like to see them bring in.

kurt thomas - another productive defender who can make high post jumpers ... give a decent amount of what sheed was supposed to give without the bonehead stuff

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2010, 01:09:11 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1398
I dont think Raja Bell will be bought out though. Anyone interested in the list i provided besides kurt thomas. Who are some people I missed? Bring back wally as a shooter?

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2010, 01:09:41 PM »

Offline MF Doom

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 29
To answer my own question, Wafer actually failed a physical earlier in the season but is now back working out with various teMs. He would definatly be an upgrade over Tony Allen. Hes like Tony Allen with a shot and a bit quicker and less turnovers. I say give the guy a workout

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2010, 01:14:18 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
To answer my own question, Wafer actually failed a physical earlier in the season but is now back working out with various teMs. He would definatly be an upgrade over Tony Allen. Hes like Tony Allen with a shot and a bit quicker and less turnovers. I say give the guy a workout

I say give him a workout too, however he is a lot smaller then tony allen and probably not as good defensively.

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2010, 01:23:46 PM »

Offline MF Doom

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 29
http://hoopshype.com/free_agency.htm

pretty good place to see available guys as well - none bought out obviously, but there are some interesting guys - Knight, Sean Williams, Desmond Mason etc.

Desmond Mason also interest me. An athletic small foward who can defend, run the floor, and rebound

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2010, 01:24:35 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Wafer is an awful defender. He varies from complete laziness to fake hustle that just results in dumb fouls.

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2010, 01:25:38 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Von Wafer is not better than Tony Allen.  Are you kidding?

If there is a buyout of a veteran point guard or center who can still play, I would consider it.

It's probably 99% that Ilgauskas is going back to Cleveland, but I'd call his agent anyway. You never know.

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2010, 01:29:14 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112

If there is a buyout of a veteran point guard or center who can still play, I would consider it.

It's probably 99% that Ilgauskas is going back to Cleveland, but I'd call his agent anyway. You never know.
I heard on NBA.tv the Hawks are trying hard to get his(Ilgauskas) services too.

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2010, 01:43:02 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White

Does Big Z really love cleveland that much? Wasn';t he benched in the game he was supposed to break the cleveland record for games played?

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2010, 02:22:31 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
How about Von Wafer! He's available.

Yeah I forgot about him...

I remember his game from the Rockets last year and liked what i saw.

And from the hoopshype list that cdif911 posted Antoinio Daniels, who is a player I was hoping for the C's to sign over the summer, along with Desmond Mason.

Don't know how their game is now but I'd like for the C's to still take a look at them.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 02:56:41 PM by Mike-Dub »
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2010, 02:55:48 PM »

Offline sk7326

• Al Horford

Does Big Z really love cleveland that much? Wasn';t he benched in the game he was supposed to break the cleveland record for games played?

he lives there - and Cleveland can pay him more than the minimum

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2010, 03:00:02 PM »

Offline NextCeltic34

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
We need to get Larry Hughes.

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2010, 03:24:50 PM »

Offline sk7326

• Al Horford
We need to get Larry Hughes.
[/quote

First time I've ever seen this sentence written.

I think another defensively capable big or wing is useful ... Kurt Thomas is the epitome of professionalism if he gets freed up.  He might not though since the Bucks do want to try to make the playoffs. 

Bobby Simmons, Larry Hughes could be useful.  Though Hughes has a lot of money coming his way, so a buyout will be nontrivial.

Re: List of possible buyout candidates?
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2010, 04:04:13 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
It would be wiser to sign a player that was bought out because he wanted to play for a contender or strictly for salary purposes rather than a player that is dumped by a crappy team because he's washed up or just sucked to begin with.

Washed up: 
Desmond Mason
Ricky Davis
Wally Szczerbiak

I doubt anything happens from here.  Let's hope for the best with what we've got.

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2010, 04:16:25 PM »

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32

::) Tony makes one spectacular defensive play then makes 3 bonehead mistakes and is nowhere on offense. I say give a 14th spot to Von who can shoot and see if he can learn the defensive scheme...why not? I really dont see the risk. As far as another rebounding 4/5 i would love to see that but who?